PDA

View Full Version : Gym Replaced By Wii.

Gingersnap
03-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Mozelle Johnston students to experience Wii generation
By News-Journal staff | Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 02:54 PM

Mozelle Johnston Elementary School students soon will use a video game system during physical education classes.

PE teacher Karen Wilson on Tuesday received a $1,967 grant from the Longview ISD Foundation to buy three Nintendo Wii systems with Wii Sports and Wii Fit packages.

“I wrote the grant for the Wiis so the kids could experience the Wii generation,” Wilson said. “We’ll be able to do activities that we normally couldn’t because of time or restrictions. We don’t have the facilities to play tennis or Alpine skiing, but now students will be able to experience that. Plus, regular classroom teachers will be able to use them as a reward.”

Wilson’s Wii grant was one of 12 elementary school grants funded by the Longview ISD Foundation in its 15th annual grants-to-teachers program. The Foundation plans to award seven more grants next week to secondary school teachers.

The Foundation gets money throughout the year from such events as T-shirt sales, the Lobo Green Out and the Lamplighter Awards banquet, and gives the funds back to teachers through this program, Director Kay Ray said.

What do you think of the Wii use?

Permalink | Comments (2) | Post your comment |

Comments

By mntx

March 3, 2010 7:54 AM | Link to this

Wow, the school sure doesn’t shop around. There is a much better system than the Wii that has far better graphics and more realistic interactions. Best of all, it costs a fraction of what the Wii costs.

Outdoors II is a gaming system that combines a real non-virtual reality with superior life like graphics and unlimited interactivity. The Outdoors II provides unlimited possibility. Best of all, Outdoors II is completely free. To activate Outdoors II, simply turn the doorknob and step through the big square thing. The graphics may take some getting used to. The big bright light is normal, it is called the sun.

LOL! Best comment of the day.

News Journal (http://www.news-journal.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/communities/lnj/entries/2010/03/02/mozelle_johnston_students_to_e.html)

noonwitch
03-03-2010, 01:46 PM
It's kind of sad. I hated gym class in middle school, but I liked it in elementary and high school. We had a really creative gym teacher at my elementary school, who would use the general athletic equipment to build obstacle courses in the gym for us to run through. We had to pretend we were in the jungle, and jumping over rivers with crocodiles, and so on.

My sister and her oldest daughter do workouts with their Wii.