PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Secrets ?

Zeus
08-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Calling all puter Geeks & Geekettes.

Last night while attempting to run a program Called Defraggler I received the following error MSG:

"Processing abort due to the maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded"

Any Idea what that means and/or how to correct the situation ?

AVG detects no virus or bug, same with Spybot S & D.

JB
08-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Share a few with the board and then run it again.

You know...

You wear womens underwear.
You have a Hello Kitty backpack.
etc...

I have no idea but that's an awesome error message. :D

Zeus
08-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Share a few with the board and then run it again.

You know...

You wear womens underwear.
You have a Hello Kitty backpack.
etc...

I have no idea but that's an awesome error message. :D

It appears to be a system error. so far as I know it only affects operation of the Defraggler program & system restore. Google searches have come up with the What may have happened but not the why or how to fix it. :confused:

LibraryLady
08-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Whew, I was afraid it found out about us!!;)

(before numbers arrives, you may want to correct the "too".)

Zeus
08-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Whew, I was afraid it found out about us!!;)

(before numbers arrives, you may want to correct the "too".)

I did see that. Unfortunately,as far as I know, once a thread post has been submitted us mere mortal posters can't edit thread titles.

Jumpy
08-02-2008, 05:51 PM
The error message is weird!! "To" many secrets would be even weirder. Not to be a spelling nazi, as I am the worst offendar of all.. but I always seem to catch the "too..to" thing.

LibraryLady
08-02-2008, 06:01 PM
I googled that phrase and got a lot of hits but didn't understand any of them!

biccat
08-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Apparently the "secrets" referred to are encrypted bits of information. For some reason the US Government restricts the number of encrypted pieces of data which can be stored.

I would suggest making sure you have done clean uninstalls of software you have removed, and clearing out the cache on programs, particularly DVD and CD programs.

megimoo
08-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Calling all puter Geeks & Geekettes.

Last night while attempting to run a program Called Defraggler I received the following error MSG:

"Processing abort due to the maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded"

Any Idea what that means and/or how to correct the situation ?

AVG detects no virus or bug, same with Spybot S & D.

I just put your question on the Defraggle forum !
http://www.defraggler.com/

Zeus
08-02-2008, 10:06 PM
I just put your question on the Defraggle forum !
http://www.defraggler.com/

Thanks Megimoo. I was going to post a querie there but think the problem eminates from a system error moreso than something Defraggler may have cause. My puters regular defrag won't work either.Nor will Error Checking , Chkdsk or System restore.

dixierat
08-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Did you check the system application log? You might get some more information or even the offer of a solution from MS there.

:cool:

Eagle
08-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Is your disk running out of space? Defraggers generally have to shift data to unused sectors temporarily.

megimoo
08-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Odd one that, this is what I have so far

The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.
Explanation:..............A secret is an encrypted piece of information, such as a password or user name.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...9.mspx?mfr=true
Windows 2000 Resource Kit > Windows 2000 Error Messages Reference
Error Message:

The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.
Explanation:..............A secret is an encrypted piece of information, such as a password or user name.
User Action:Contact the supplier of the running application.

Zeus
08-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Did you check the system application log? You might get some more information or even the offer of a solution from MS there.

:cool:

Strange thing about that also. Only logs are Sample logs ???

Is your disk running out of space? Defraggers generally have to shift data to unused sectors temporarily.

Disk usage is currently only 17%

Odd one that, this is what I have so far

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...9.mspx?mfr=true
Windows 2000 Resource Kit > Windows 2000 Error Messages Reference
Error Message:

User Action:Contact the supplier of the running application.

I sent an SOS to Microsoft support. Waiting tosee what Hadji comes up with :rolleyes:

carole
08-25-2008, 08:12 AM
i also had the too many secrets system restore problem and it was down to a an uninvited user account called machine stop which i deleted from user accounts it said it was password protected but i deleted it in safe mode everything back to normal now good luck

jinxmchue
08-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Settec Astronomy.