PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Encounters...

FlaGator
03-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Today is cold but sunny. I think this has been the coldest winter here in North Florida in my memory. I can't remember the last time temps broke the low 70s and this is unusal. I guess it's global warming... of the man made kind ;)

TOTD. If you could meet any person that ever lived and talk with them who would it be and what would you talk about? I would like to have a long talk with Paul of Tarsus and discuss with him what he really intended to say in relation to some of his views that get so debated and confused by theologians through out history.

linda22003
03-04-2010, 10:43 AM
TOTD: If I met Cary Grant there wouldn't be much talking involved.

Rebel Yell
03-04-2010, 10:55 AM
TOTD: If I met Cary Grant there wouldn't be much talking involved.

My God you're old!!!!!!!:D

lacarnut
03-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Cold as a witches tit for this time of year in south LA; sunny & up to 60 in the pm.

Gingersnap
03-04-2010, 10:58 AM
We're warming up! Today is the first day that I could wear my lined duster instead of my thick coat since November. We have a rain/snow mix tooling in at the end of the week but things are looking up.

TOTD: This would depend on my mood. I'd like to get Jefferson's take on what's going on but I wouldn't be adverse to having lunch with Larry McMurtry or Calvin Coolidge. I'd still like to hear what a castrato opera sounded like in 1820 or so.

noonwitch
03-04-2010, 01:26 PM
It was cold when I left for work, but it's nice here today. Sunny, around 40, this is good compared to the last few weeks.

TOTD I would love to meet William Shakespeare. It would be fun to show him some of the movies that have been made of his plays, and ask his opinion of them. Wouldn't it be hilarious if he hated some highly respected actor or director's interpretation of his work? Or if he thought Harold Bloom totally misunderstood everything he wrote?