PDA

View Full Version : Shaving Privates Causes Wreck.

Gingersnap
03-05-2010, 11:46 AM
FHP: Driver lacked razor-sharp focus
BY ADAM LINHARDT Citizen Staff
alinhardt@keysnews.com

As authorities nationwide warn motorists of the dangers of driving while texting, Florida Keys law enforcement officers add a new caution: Don't try to shave your privates, either.

Florida Highway Patrol troopers say a two-vehicle crash Tuesday at Mile Marker 21 on Cudjoe Key was caused by a 37-year-old woman driver who was shaving her bikini area while her ex-husband took the wheel from the passenger seat.

"She said she was meeting her boyfriend in Key West and wanted to be ready for the visit," Trooper Gary Dunick said. "If I wasn't there, I wouldn't have believed it. About 10 years ago I stopped a guy in the exact same spot ... who had three or four syringes sticking out of his arm. It was just surreal and I thought, 'Nothing will ever beat this.' Well, this takes it."

If that weren't enough, Megan Mariah Barnes was not supposed to be driving and her 1995 Ford Thunderbird was not supposed to be on the road.

The day before the wreck, Barnes was convicted in an Upper Keys court of DUI with a prior and driving with a suspended license, said Monroe County Assistant State Attorney Colleen Dunne. Barnes was ordered to impound her car, and her driver's license was revoked for five years, after which time she must have a Breathalyzer ignition interlock device on any vehicle she drives, Dunne said. Barnes also was sentenced to nine months' probation.

Barnes and Charles Judy were southbound in her Thunderbird at 11 a.m. when they slammed into the back of a 2006 Chevrolet pickup driven by David Schoff of Palm Bay. His passengers were a man and two women; the latter were treated for minor injuries at Lower Keys Medical Center, FHP spokesman Alex Annunziato said.

Key News (http://keysnews.com/node/21349)

RobJohnson
03-05-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm glad her and the ex still get along. :D

ralph wiggum
03-05-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm glad her and the ex still get along. :D

If they were still getting along, why didn't she just let him do the work?

RobJohnson
03-05-2010, 11:52 AM
If they were still getting along, why didn't she just let him do the work?

He had to steer!

Apache
03-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Missed the Darwin by that much :rolleyes:

What happened to common sense?

FlaGator
03-05-2010, 02:34 PM
They were headed to Key West and that is all the explanation that I need.

Rockntractor
03-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Woman are always messing with their hair while they drive.

JB
03-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Whattaya know, lurkalot's real name is Megan Mariah Barnes.

Bubba Dawg
03-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Whattaya know, lurkalot's real name is Megan Mariah Barnes.

Now JB, don't going saying something rash....um....

Sonnabend
03-09-2010, 04:24 PM
http://www.news.com.au/weird-true-freaky/florida-woman-crashes-while-shaving-bikini-area/story-e6frflri-1225838500308

A WOMAN who shaved her bikini area while driving caused a car crash in Florida Keys, prompting police to issue fresh warnings about safe driving.MyFox National reported today Megan Mariah Barnes, 37, crashed into another vehicle on Cudjoe Key after giving her ex-husband the wheel as she shaved her private parts. Barnes was driving to meet her boyfriend in Key West and told authorities she wanted to be "ready for the visit," WJZ.com reported.

But Florida Highway Trooper Gary Dunick was not surprised when he came to the scene of the crash. Dunick has had some crazy experiences pulling over drivers but said "If I wasn't there, I wouldn't have believed it. About 10 years ago I stopped a guy in the exact same spot ... who had three or four syringes sticking out of his arm. It was just surreal and I thought, 'Nothing will ever beat this.' Well, this takes it."

Barnes crashed into the back of a 2006 Chevrolet truck being driven by David Schoff, KeysNews.com reported. Schoff had slowed down to make a right hand turn when Barnes's 1995 Thunderbird hit it at 72km/h - within the speed limit. FHP spokesman Alex Annunziato said that Barnes then allegedly drove a kilometre further down the road where she switched seats with her ex-husband Charles Judy so that it looked like she had not been driving.

Dunick said that Judy had burns from the passenger side air bag that proved he had not been in the driverís seat. The air bag in the driverís seat had not deployed. Barnes should not have been driving in the first place. The day before the accident, she had been convicted and sentenced to nine months of probation for DUI and driving with a suspended licence.

Her licence was revoked for five years and she was ordered to get her car impounded. Dunick said, "My phone has been ringing off the hook all day, and I know there's a funny side to this, but it's also deadly serious. This is a scary road and a lot of bad wrecks are caused by dumb stuff like this. It is unbelievable. I'm really starting to believe this stuff only happens in the Keys."

Is it something in the water...? :D

Rockntractor
03-11-2010, 10:33 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/shaving-beaver.jpg?t=1268364699

megimoo
03-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Key News (http://keysnews.com/node/21349)Did she cut her cookie ?

Gingersnap
03-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Did she cut her cookie ?

We don't want to know, Moo.

Articulate_Ape
03-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Just for the record, I decided to research this matter. At 9:30pm EST I left my home and drove to the local convenience store. Traffic was surprisingly brisk, but I was able to manscape myself (in the dark) by the time I arrived to buy my pack of smokes. I think the bottom line here is that broads can't drive, shaving or not. I mean I was even on the phone!

I know, I might be exceptional and in all likelihood I am, according to all known assessments, but it really isn't that hard to drive and whittle growth at the same time. I am pretty sure that the guy who invented the riding lawnmower got this. I'm just sayin'.

Gingersnap
03-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Just for the record, I decided to research this matter. At 9:30pm EST I left my home and drove to the local convenience store. Traffic was surprisingly brisk, but I was able to manscape myself (in the dark) by the time I arrived to buy my pack of smokes. I think the bottom line here is that broads can't drive, shaving or not. I mean I was even on the phone!

I know, I might be exceptional and in all likelihood I am, according to all known assessments, but it really isn't that hard to drive and whittle growth at the same time. I am pretty sure that the guy who invented the riding lawnmower got this. I'm just sayin'.

Interesting. However, you were probably using a four blade system. Most women make do with two blades and a distracting "moisturizing" bar.

Totally different really.

megimoo
03-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Interesting. However, you were probably using a four blade system. Most women make do with two blades and a distracting "moisturizing" bar.

Totally different really.Why don't they use that gell that makes the hair fall out ?

Articulate_Ape
03-11-2010, 11:09 PM

Totally different really.

Actually, hon, I was using one of these, but who am I to split hairs?

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/saint-o-killers/balisong10b.jpg

Gingersnap
03-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Why don't they use that gell that makes the hair fall out ?

Have you ever smelled that stuff? It's horrifying.

Articulate_Ape
03-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Have you ever smelled that stuff? It's horrifying.

Um...you...never mind. :eek:

megimoo
03-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Um...you...never mind. :eek:Quit just in time !

Gingersnap
03-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Quit just in time !

You did better than I did! :D

Articulate_Ape
03-11-2010, 11:48 PM
You did better than I did! :D

When it comes to me, you must learn from Admiral Ackbar, Ginger.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7351/admiralackbar2jl1.jpg