PDA

View Full Version : This Movie Must Be Awesome. A Review By a UC Berkeley Grad Student.

Rebel Yell
03-05-2010, 11:59 AM
The Crazies

Don't waste your time. The whole theater booed., 4 March 2010

Author: (Nazarbayevloff) from Kazakh

I am a Graduate Student from UC Berkeley, and on behalf of all Berkeley we protest this utter trash of a movie! First off, what kind of a cruel world do we live in that allows Micheal Eisner's loin child to remake historic or cultural films? Horrible, excessively violent and historically unsupportable. Please don't support this film and allow Mr. Gibson to spread whatever mantra he believes in. But hey, it's a free world isn't it? At the end, my wife and I looked at each other and said 'What was the point of that?' The gore is graphic in the extreme, without any redeeming value whatsoever. (For example, I would say the violence in 'Saving Private Ryan' was about as bad, but in the context of the plot it made sense.) This doesn't. You've just got some evil villains coming in and slaughtering the peaceful villagers, sadistic villains torturing the prisoners, and crazed priests eviscerating the human sacrifices.

I would like to thank Eisner Jr. for making me do nightmares, and take pills of Xanax to calm down from all the anxiety this film caused in me. Thank you very much for bringing such fear I didn't want in my life. This film should have been banned. I've never ever in my life seen such free cruelty on the screen.

Thank you again for not showing it on the trailer, so that people couldn't know in advance it's much more than an "action" movie... it's a butchery. I hope Eisner Jr. does "sweeter" next time, or else I'll think twice before watching his movie. I really don't advise this film to anyone, it will traumatize you. I really found that movie useless, and much more than a waste of time... a total lack of respect towards the audience's eyes. What's the point of making a whole film about violence? It's completely inhuman!!! Totally lacking of sensitivity, describing the wonderful zombie vs civilization theme as undead people just made for eating human flesh, killing and reproducing!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455407/usercomments?filter=chrono

BadCat
03-05-2010, 12:06 PM
It's completely inhuman!!! Totally lacking of sensitivity, describing the wonderful zombie vs civilization theme as undead people just made for eating human flesh, killing and reproducing!

Sounds like it's about liberals.

Rebel Yell
03-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Sounds like it's about liberals.

What else do theythink Zombies are suppose to do? Don't answer that.

Apache
03-05-2010, 01:33 PM
THE CRAZIES (2010) ***Timothy Olyphant, Radha Mitchell, Joe Anderson, Danielle Panabaker, Christie Lynn Smith, Brett Rickaby. Well-staged remake of George A. Romero's (who executive produced) cult classic about an American small town suddenly dealing with a plague of violent incidents seemingly caused by its water supply poisoned by a paramilitary virus toxin (!) Cue paranoia and a significant body count as the local populace begins a blood-thirsty panic. Well-crafted, all-stops-pulled direction by Breck Eisner (some creative set pieces include a hairy bit with an electric bone-cutting saw and a terribly tense moment thru an abandoned car wash).

Looks like I'll check this one out! :cool:

FlaGator
03-05-2010, 02:27 PM
It's a remake of a George Romero film for heaven's sake (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, etc). What was he expecting? Shakespeare?

Apache
03-05-2010, 02:32 PM
It's a remake of a George Romero film for heaven's sake (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, etc). What was he expecting? Shakespeare?

BRAINS.....!

:p

FlaGator
03-05-2010, 02:37 PM
BRAINS.....!

:p

That was Return of the Living Dead, a satire of the Romero flicks (I think I know entirely to much about zombie movies).

Apache
03-05-2010, 02:41 PM
That was Return of the Living Dead, a satire of the Romero flicks (I think I know entirely to much about zombie movies).

Oh DUH...:o

I've seen too many to keep track...:eek:

noonwitch
03-05-2010, 04:26 PM
It might be worth it to see Timothy Olyphant, but I probably saw more of him on Deadwood.