PDA

View Full Version : How To Not Get Killed In a Riot

Gingersnap
03-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Monday, March 1, 2010

How To Not Get Killed In a Riot

I posted this some time ago when we were living in Alabama and it seems like a good time to recycle it. So here we go......

I have posted a bunch of videos of the LA Riots and talked a bit about how to be safe in a vehicle. Here are some thoughts on how to survive a riot. Check out this article and this for background. To be blunt riots tend to occur in urban areas with high percentages of lower income people. Riots happen in or near the Ghetto. Think I am being judgmental? When there is a riot in Beverly Hills I will formally apologize to everyone. Of course someone will invariably mention that there are no riots in Wyoming or something like that. While that is true lots of folks are in places with higher then desired riot potential because of work, family, a home they can't sell, etc. I am mainly speaking about dealing with a riot in the area where you live.

The biggest thing is to be aware of what is going on. Watch the local news or listen to local radio shows that have some news, reading a local paper is another alternative. We don't get networks ( dish network) so I listen to local radio show in the morning on my way to and from work. If nothing else just having the radio on a local station is a good idea. If things go completely nuts most stations will give out warning and such. Reginald Denny definitely would not have taken that route if he knew what was going on. Hindsight being 20/20 taking a sick day (even without pay) would have been a good idea.

Another cautionary tale. A guy I know was driving across the country from Oregon to Ft. Benning during the LA riots. His car didn't have a radio so he listened to The Clash on a boombox the whole time. He pulled into Atlanta to sleep for the night. Luckily nothing happened but he was completely clueless to the rioting in Atlanta. The 1911 under his seat would probably have been sufficient but had he been informed discretion would have been the better part of valor and he would have been wise to take an alternate route.

Now that we have spoken about staying informed the simple and logical reaction to a riot in your area is to leave. If you watch the news for powderkeg situations (cops using excessive force on a minority seems to be the biggest one here) there should be some warning. Throw everything irreplaceable and high value compact items into the car and go somewhere else for a few days. Unless your livelihood and life savings is in a store I would get the heck out. This is not quite as much of a BS non answer as telling you to live in Wyoming. For whatever reason lets say that things happen so fast leaving isn't an option.

Much more at the link.

TSLRF (http://tslrf.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-not-get-killed-in-riot.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TotalSurvivalistLibertarianRa ntfest+%28Total+Survivalist+Libertarian+Rantfest%2 9)

AmPat
03-05-2010, 06:58 PM
How To Not Get Killed In a RiotUh, Don't attend?

Gingersnap
03-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Well, that's his main point but if you have to stay in order to defend Granny or something, he has some tips.

patriot45
03-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Well, that's his main point but if you have to stay in order to defend Granny or something, he has some tips.

Ha! Where is Speedy? I would do what he does, stab em in the eye, machine gun em down, hit em with a hammer, stomp em when they are down, et cetera.! :D

Rockntractor
03-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Ha! Where is Speedy? I would do what he does, stab em in the eye, machine gun em down, hit em with a hammer, stomp em when they are down, et cetera.! :D

I'm thinking it would probably end with a wood chipper or muriatic acid.

stsinner
03-05-2010, 09:14 PM
We had a girl killed here in Boston a year or two ago by getting hit in the eye by the Police pepper-ball gun after some stupids sports victory... My sentiment... You see a bunch of jackasses flipping cars and breaking windows and you stick around, you get what you get.... There's no reason jackasses need to celebrate in the streets over a stupid sports team victory... Mob mentality will always result, and police intervention will also result...

NJCardFan
03-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Here's how NJCardFan survives a riot:

http://gamyhan.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/glock231.jpg
http://www.resistattack.com/i/c/shared/by-width/250/250-MOT-DT5099.jpg
http://www.rirwin.com/images/shotgun-no5a.JPG

Good for this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba7Gn0HBXpM

Anyone want to trade jobs with me?

megimoo
03-06-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm thinking it would probably end with a wood chipper or muriatic acid.You have to deep freeze em before the chipper works well and raw lime in a pit works best to get rid of the evidence.

Rockntractor
03-06-2010, 12:06 AM
You have to deep freeze em before the chipper works well and raw lime in a pit works best to get rid of the evidence.

I know what you mean. They have a tendency to wrap around the cutter if they're thawed!

megimoo
03-06-2010, 12:29 AM
I know what you mean. They have a tendency to wrap around the cutter if they're thawed!A past mystery I finished tells of a bootlegging guy who shot a government tax agent and stuck the body in a twelve cubic foot chest freezer. After several months when the the heat died down he moved his chipper next to his pigs and chipped the body and the pigs ate every morsel .He crushed the bones to powder and mixed them with quick lime and plowed the powder into his cow corn field as fertilizer. He next steamed cleaned the chipper and took it all apart and and scattered them around the old farm machinery behind his barn. When pieces were good and rusted sold them for scrap metal.

Bubba Dawg
03-06-2010, 09:38 AM
A past mystery I finished tells of a bootlegging guy who shot a government tax agent and stuck the body in a twelve cubic foot chest freezer. After several months when the the heat died down he moved his chipper next to his pigs and chipped the body and the pigs ate every morsel .He crushed the bones to powder and mixed them with quick lime and plowed the powder into his cow corn field as fertilizer. He next steamed cleaned the chipper and took it all apart and and scattered them around the old farm machinery behind his barn. When pieces were good and rusted sold them for scrap metal.

So, what you're saying is the guy died of natural causes.

noonwitch
03-08-2010, 01:04 PM
I've never been in a full riot, but I witnessed a situation that was later called a riot to justify intense police action (I lived in the neighborhood, I was not an active participant). The K-Zoo police and the campus pigs decided one year that they were no longer going to tolerate the student party held the first weekend of school every fall on a city street just west of campus (The Lafayette Street party).

KPD decided that seeing underage drinkers in a peaceful crowd of college students justified tear gassing an entire neighborhood. They also set a shed on fire with one of their tear gas cannisters and then told the newspaper the next day that students set the shed on fire. We stayed inside with the air conditioning on, so that the tear gas wouldn't seep into our apartment.

Within the next 5-10 years, the street parties held at two other Michigan Universities received similar treatment. CMU's End of The World party was done away with, and eventually, MSU and the MSP finally were able to end Cedarfest, the only party of the 3 to ever get violent. MSU students don't understand the concept of moderation.