PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger Accused of Sexual Assault?

Bubba Dawg
03-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Roethlisberger has become talk of Milledgeville town

By Kristi E. Swartz, Christian Boone, Marcus K. Garner and Craig Schneider

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
8:58 a.m. Saturday, March 6, 2010

Milledgeville – This small college town is abuzz that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is a suspect in a sexual assault of a college student at a nightclub here.

Milledgeville police say the NFL superstar and his 20-year-old accuser visited several establishments late Thursday night before the alleged attack.

The quarterback has spoken with police, said his agent who, in a statement, denies the charges leveled against his client. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is assisting in the investigation.

Ashley Madden, a student at Georgia College & State University, said she is acquainted with the girl who is the accuser. Police said the accuser is a student at the school.

Madden said she saw Roethlisberger and the young woman at two bars –The Velvet Elvis and The Brick. The girl was sitting near him and they seemed to be getting along, she said.

Madden said one of her friends tried to take a picture of Roethlisberger, but “he snapped at her, saying ‘Don’t take a picture unless I’m ready.’ ”

She said she did not see him do anything inappropriate to the girl, and that other girls were also around him.

College students who gathered Friday night at the busy club area in town talked incessantly about the incident. They said that at first they could not believe that the superstar was in their town. They said he he was treated like the biggest man on campus.

Then, when they heard what police were saying, they were shocked over the allegations.

Several were being interviewed by news crews.

Milledgeville is just a nice little podunk town with a small colledge.

Damn. I hate this. I hope it ain't so but damn. :(

more at the link...

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/roethlisberger-has-become-talk-351866.html?cxtype=rss_news_81963

NJCardFan
03-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Isn't this the 3rd time he's been accused of something like this? I dunno. Sometimes where there's fire there's smoke.

Bubba Dawg
03-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Yeah NJ. I hate to say it but you may be right.

It is disappointing though. Something doesn't seem right with this guy.

It's a shame really. If he did what he is accused of, then I feel for the 20 year old girl. Justice should be done.

What the hell was he thinking about? Damn. Just damn.

djones520
03-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Yeah NJ. I hate to say it but you may be right.

It is disappointing though. Something doesn't seem right with this guy.

It's a shame really. If he did what he is accused of, then I feel for the 20 year old girl. Justice should be done.

What the hell was he thinking about? Damn. Just damn.

What the hell do any of these people think when they pull this crap? Life on a golden platter, and it's still not good enough for them. :rolleyes:

lacarnut
03-07-2010, 02:39 AM
Rich athletes hanging out in bars and strip clubs will eventually lead to a bad outcome. They should understand that they are a target in those type of environments.

If he is guilty, it is going to cost him. We will see how it plays out.

Constitutionally Speaking
03-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Best advice I was ever given was "don't put yourself in those types of situations"