PDA

View Full Version : Thursday!

DarkScribe
06-04-2008, 08:10 AM
We have to go to a school function early this afternoon...the Brat only has a few days left of school...but I guess today they're grilling hotdogs and burgers for this school party, so we're going! :D

TOTD: What's your most memorable event during grade school (elem, middle, or high), good or bad? Mine would be the time my brother and I--and some friends--were attending an off-site high school thing where all of us (including chaperones) stayed overnight in a hotel and got caught drinking beer (how we got the beer was kinda funny because we ordered pizza and the delivery guy bought a case of Budweiser for us, no questions asked). Needless to say some of us thought we'd be expelled or worse...but since MOST of us never got into any trouble like that, the principal merely gave us the proverbial slap on the wrist....and my parents (who I thought would go berserk and ground us for a million years) strangely enough didn't really freak out.

DarkScribe
06-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Okay...call me DumbAss...my new CU name....I am not completely awake now and apparently a day freakin' early...sorry, folks...:(

LibraryLady
06-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Don't feel bad! I didn't even notice it was the wrong day!

DarkScribe
06-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Don't feel bad! I didn't even notice it was the wrong day!

Thanks, LL. Well, this can be deleted by the Powers That Be, if needed...it is just up super-early! :D

LibraryLady
06-04-2008, 09:15 AM
There are people here who will PW on the thread for another 16 hours till it's correct!

DarkScribe
06-04-2008, 09:50 AM
There are people here who will PW on the thread for another 16 hours till it's correct!

Ginger PMed me and asked if I wanted it deleted and I said yes...I will repost it tomorrow...

SaintLouieWoman
06-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Ginger PMed me and asked if I wanted it deleted and I said yes...I will repost it tomorrow...
Or we can leave it in case you forget tomorrow. :D

Goldwater
06-04-2008, 01:21 PM
I would've got shot for this act, double standards!

DarkScribe
06-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Or we can leave it in case you forget tomorrow. :D

Well, yeah...it hasn't been deleted yet...no big deal, really...it was early enough when she PMed me and I think only LL and you had replied....but at this point, might as well leave it up.

patriot45
06-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Well then,+1 til tomorrow! :D

JB
06-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Advance day threads. Awesome.

These things have become hugely popular across the innerwebs. It was only a matter of time.

DarkScribe
06-04-2008, 03:44 PM

These things have become hugely popular across the innerwebs. It was only a matter of time.

That's what I'm sayin'! No...it was my semi-wake state prior to a full dosing of caffeine. Should've known...

Off to take the Brat to go see Iron Man...should be fun! :cool:

LibraryLady
06-04-2008, 04:11 PM

I can post Monday's thread now if you would like?

JB
06-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I can post Monday's thread now if you would like?Fine by me but you'd only be guessing about what the weather is like. :D

LibraryLady
06-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Fine by me but you'd only be guessing about what the weather is like. :D

Louisiana in June? EASY!!

Weather for Louisiana -
91F
Cloudy
Wind: S at 5 mph
Humidity: 56%
Wed
92F | 72F

Thu
92F | 72F

Fri
89F | 72F

Sat
90F | 70F

Sun
90F | 70F

DarkScribe
06-05-2008, 07:39 AM
I can post Monday's thread now if you would like?

Hey look...it is Thursday now! :cool:

noonwitch
06-05-2008, 08:36 AM
The kids in the Physics Club at my high school pulled a similar endeavor on a field trip to Toronto, only they got caught. I was not in Physics Club myself. No chaperones were involved, but the drinking age in Canada has been 19 as long as I can remember.

The kids who admitted they participated all got a short suspension. The kids who lied and said they didn't were not punished at all. Those who admitted it returned as heroes, those who didn't were disparaged for their dishonesty. The teachers were pretty light-hearted about the whole thing, and teased the suspended kids when they returned to school.

biccat
06-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Probably a trip to France between my Freshman & Sophomore years in high school. Oh the debauchery!

First time I ever got drunk was at a fancy French restaurant because no one else liked wine (My parents drink it all the time, so I had acquired an appreciation for it). Second time was later that evening.

A grand old time.

Gingersnap
06-05-2008, 10:14 AM
It's raining here and it's dark and cold.

TOTD: What was the TOTD? I can't remember.

LibraryLady
06-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Well, It's definitely HOT here and I think my AC needs freon. I have a little desk fan that helps till I get the guy out here. he is swamped this time of year.

TOTD: there are so many!

When I was about 8 we were in the US visiting my grandparents (in the town where I now live). My Mom took me to see the school and the principal asked us to speak to an elementary assembly about living all over the world. I ended up on the stage counting in every language I knew and I was so scared - I was a very shy kid. My daughter graduated from that school a month ago, on that same stage!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/Hayley/2008_050620080011.jpg

DarkScribe
06-05-2008, 10:31 AM
It's raining here and it's dark and cold.

TOTD: What was the TOTD? I can't remember.

TOTD: What was your most memorable event from grade school (elem, middle or high), good or bad...

Gingersnap
06-05-2008, 11:33 AM
TOTD: What was your most memorable event from grade school (elem, middle or high), good or bad...

Uh.....I'm pretty sure those records are still sealed by order of the court. :D