PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant Wife Pulls Ranger Husband from Crocodile's Jaws

megimoo
03-07-2010, 06:33 PM
A pregnant woman dragged her ranger husband from the jaws of a crocodile after the killer beast attacked him while he was washing his feet in a river.

Lawrence Munro was on an evening stroll with wife Kerryn and their dogs when the pair stopped to rest on some rocks, dipping their toes into a shallow part of the White Umfolzi river on a game reserve 125 miles north of Durban.

Moments later, the Nile crocodile launched its assault.
Mr Munro, 33, said: "It was a matter of seconds. I grabbed hold of the rocks and started kicking the croc with my right foot. He let go and grabbed again, getting hold of both feet. I tried to get to my rifle, but I had been dragged closer to the water and couldn't reach it. Kerryn grabbed under my arm and around my neck and started pulling. Eventually the croc let go.
snip

"She's five months pregnant and a small little thing, so she's resting after it all. There's no doubt Lawrence is very lucky - this crocodile would have eaten him, no doubt. A man is meat to a croc.

"He ended up being a bit of a sandwich with the croc dragging him from one end and Kerryn pulling him by the shoulders from the other. We estimate the croc was 3 metres (9.8 feet) long so it was quite big but in the end it gave up."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/7358766/Pregnant-wife-pulls-ranger-husband-from-crocodiles-jaws.html

Sonnabend
03-08-2010, 01:56 AM
Crocs move at a blinding speed and this guy is very VERY lucky. VERY few get away.

Elspeth
03-09-2010, 02:37 AM
Crocs move at a blinding speed and this guy is very VERY lucky. VERY few get away.

He's really lucky in who he married. Someone else might have frozen on the spot and missed the opportunity to pull him out. Or some other wife might have let hubby become a croc treat and collected the insurance.:eek:

Gingersnap
03-09-2010, 09:35 AM
He's really lucky in who he married. Someone else might have frozen on the spot and missed the opportunity to pull him out. Or some other wife might have let hubby become a croc treat and collected the insurance.:eek:

She's a keeper - no doubt! :)

noonwitch
03-09-2010, 12:57 PM
She's a keeper - no doubt! :)

She's earned a shoe-shopping spree! Especially if the shoes are made of crocodile skin!

M21
03-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Army Ranger, Marines and crocodile shoes….

An Army Ranger was on vacation in the depths of Louisiana and he wanted a pair of genuine alligator shoes in the worst way, but was very reluctant to pay the high prices the local vendors were asking.
After becoming very frustrated with the “no haggle” attitude of one of the shopkeepers, the Ranger shouted, “maybe I’ll just go out and get my own alligator so I can get a pair of shoes made at a reasonable price!”

The vendor said, “By all means, be my guest. Maybe you will run into a couple of Marines who were in here earlier saying the same thing.”

So the Ranger headed into the bayou that same day and a few hours later came upon two men standing waist deep in the water. He thought, “those must be the two Marines the guy in town was talking about.” Just then, the Ranger saw a tremendously long gator swimming rapidly underwater towards one of the Marines.

Just as the gator was about to attack, the Marine grabbed its neck with both hands and strangled it to death with very little effort. Then both Marines dragged it on shore and flipped it on its back. Laying nearby were several more of the creatures.

One of the Marines then exclaimed, “Damn, this one doesn’t have any shoes either!”

noonwitch
03-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Army Ranger, Marines and crocodile shoes….

An Army Ranger was on vacation in the depths of Louisiana and he wanted a pair of genuine alligator shoes in the worst way, but was very reluctant to pay the high prices the local vendors were asking.
After becoming very frustrated with the “no haggle” attitude of one of the shopkeepers, the Ranger shouted, “maybe I’ll just go out and get my own alligator so I can get a pair of shoes made at a reasonable price!”

The vendor said, “By all means, be my guest. Maybe you will run into a couple of Marines who were in here earlier saying the same thing.”

So the Ranger headed into the bayou that same day and a few hours later came upon two men standing waist deep in the water. He thought, “those must be the two Marines the guy in town was talking about.” Just then, the Ranger saw a tremendously long gator swimming rapidly underwater towards one of the Marines.

Just as the gator was about to attack, the Marine grabbed its neck with both hands and strangled it to death with very little effort. Then both Marines dragged it on shore and flipped it on its back. Laying nearby were several more of the creatures.

One of the Marines then exclaimed, “Damn, this one doesn’t have any shoes either!”

That's a good one!

I take it there is some professional rivalry between the Marines and the Rangers?!