PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to be out of touch with reality to be a liberal?

FlaGator
03-08-2010, 08:48 AM
I think that this is a fair question to ask in light of the fence sitter's question about conservatives and faith. My answer is not necessarily but it doesn't hurt. I cite DU, the not so reality based community, as an example.

Rockntractor
03-08-2010, 08:53 AM
There is definitely a disconnect, in some cases ignorance of facts, sometimes lack of intelligence and other times evil, greed, laziness and hedonism. I really feel much worse than that about them.

AmPat
03-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Do you have to be out of touch with reality to be a liberal? YES!

FeebMaster
03-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Yes, but no more than most other political philosophies.

papabull
03-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Do you have to be out of touch with reality to be a liberal?

No. You could just be stupid. Or lazy. Or slothful. Or insane. Or naively idealistic. Or unprincipled and possibly criminal.

Granted, it could be argued that any of those is, in some way, being out of touch with reality, but I digress.

Apache
03-08-2010, 09:23 AM
In today's climate, yes, it would seem that you do.

noonwitch
03-08-2010, 11:28 AM
The liberals would say that conservatives are out of touch with reality. I think everybody has their blind spots. Liberals tend to think poverty is a totally urban problem, and don't really think of rural areas as having much poverty to deal with, for example. Conservatives have their blind spots, too.

papabull
03-08-2010, 11:42 AM
The liberals would say that conservatives are out of touch with reality. I think

But of course and that clearly illustrates the severity of the distortion in their perception.

Sonnabend
03-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Do you have to be out of touch with reality to be a liberal?

Look at Wilbur. Reality, cold and hard, is a stranger to him.

AmPat
03-08-2010, 05:38 PM
The liberals would say that conservatives are out of touch with reality. I think everybody has their blind spots. Liberals tend to think poverty is a totally urban problem, and don't really think of rural areas as having much poverty to deal with, for example. Conservatives have their blind spots, too.
Blind spots = out of touch with reality?
Cab you cite some examples?