PDA

View Full Version : NY Chef Is Making Cheese From Locally Sourced Breast Milk

bijou
03-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Hmm. While we're all for sustainably and locally sourced ingredients and enthusiastic supporters of humane dairy, we're not 100 percent sure of how to feel about the fact that Daniel Angerer, the chef-owner of Klee Brasserie, is now making cheese out of his wife's breast milk.

Grub Street reports that Angerer has produced almost two quarts of his so-called Mommy's Milk cheese from two gallons of liquid procured from his wife's breasts, which have been lactating since the birth of the couple's eight-week-old daughter. Angerer has posted a recipe on his blog, and invited people over to sample the curds. According to the chef, the taste is reminiscent of "really sweet cow's milk." ...

link (http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/archives/2010/03/klees_daniel_an_1.php)

M21
03-08-2010, 12:51 PM
That's just nasty.

FlaGator
03-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Words fail me.

Rockntractor
03-08-2010, 01:10 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek: to the tenth power.

noonwitch
03-08-2010, 01:12 PM
I know this is just some lunatic chef out there who probably got the idea after smoking some medical marijuana, but....

I know people who had babies that were allergic to dairy, but with mothers who had medical reasons why they couldn't breast feed their children. Maybe this is a dairy product they could consume, that has all the benefits of mother's milk?

Gingersnap
03-08-2010, 02:24 PM
I know this is just some lunatic chef out there who probably got the idea after smoking some medical marijuana, but....

I know people who had babies that were allergic to dairy, but with mothers who had medical reasons why they couldn't breast feed their children. Maybe this is a dairy product they could consume, that has all the benefits of mother's milk?

Babies don't need cheese. Women who can't produce their own breast milk can qualify for a breast milk bank program. Almost every gal I know who breast fed also donated to those banks.

This just another food stunt. If the guy really wanted to give people a treat, he'd import a water buffalo.

noonwitch
03-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Babies don't need cheese. Women who can't produce their own breast milk can qualify for a breast milk bank program. Almost every gal I know who breast fed also donated to those banks.

This just another food stunt. If the guy really wanted to give people a treat, he'd import a water buffalo.

Well, I was thinking more 6 month old babies, but what do I know personally about birthing and feeding babies? None of my clients breast-feed their babies, even the ones who don't use drugs. It's one of those reverse-class things, from what I can see. Middle class moms breast feed because they read the research reports that say breast-feeding is better for their babies than formula. Poor moms get free formula from WIC, so they use that.

I had a buffalo burger not too long ago. It was really good-meatier than regular beef. The restaurant stated on the menu that it was much lower in fat than a regular beef burger.

bijou
03-08-2010, 02:52 PM
That's just nasty.

I'm quite daring with foodd, but I'd balk at that.

RobJohnson
03-08-2010, 03:48 PM
I had a buffalo burger not too long ago. It was really good-meatier than regular beef. The restaurant stated on the menu that it was much lower in fat than a regular beef burger.

A local store has fresh ground bison. It does make a good burger, great flavor.

MountainMan
03-08-2010, 09:18 PM
And yet this thread got almost no play.......... Sperm based recipe book (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=25430)

Rockntractor
03-08-2010, 09:21 PM
A local store has fresh ground bison. It does make a good burger, great flavor.
I have a freezer full of buffalo. Tasty!