PDA

View Full Version : "Video:Violent Brawl Breaks Out Inside Village Bridal Shop"

megimoo
03-10-2010, 02:22 AM
Video: Real life Bridezilla? Violent brawl breaks out inside Lathrup Village bridal shop

Things you don't expect to see in a bridal shop: Spitting, pushing, slapping, tackling, hitting.

But watch the video above and you'll see all five, as security cameras captured a violent brawl last week at First Lady Bridal in Lathrup Village.

Store owner Hekmat Putruss told Fox 2 the conflict began last Tuesday when he refused to provide alterations for an angry bride-to-be who was a nightmare to work with.

bridezilla-lathrup-village-fox-2.jpgFox 2Putruss said he called police and locked down the store after the woman threatened to have her fiance kill him, but while they waited for police to arrive someone unlocked the door and let in three men.

Violence ensued: Putruss said the men threw his son to the ground and later hit him, slapped and spit in his wife's face, shoved him and even wielded mannequins as weapons.

"They just attacked without notice and we are not prepared for that. This is a clothing store... and we don't expect this kind of (thing) to happen," Putruss told the television station, noting he's been in business for 25 years without any similar incidents.

"Apparently, these people do not know... how to handle things in the United (States). They thought they were somewhere in Fallujah or in the... Iraq mountains and so on."

The three men are due in court this week on assault charges, but one of the suspects believes he was a victim, telling Fox 2 that Putruss' son was the instigator.

"Really, we got assaulted," said Nameer Kastaw. "We did not assault (anybody). We got assaulted, and that's all I can say.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2010/03/video_real_life_bridezilla_vio.html

Gingersnap
03-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Amazing! When you see the mugshots, the attackers all look like clones. There isn't enough money in the biz to get me to work with brides and their crazy relatives. :eek:

linda22003
03-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Detroit? Huh. When I saw the bride "threatened to have her fiance kill him", I thought it would be New Jersey.

linda22003
03-10-2010, 10:33 AM
After seeing the video: If that was just the dress fitting, the actual wedding should be a real shindig.

noonwitch
03-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Detroit? Huh. When I saw the bride "threatened to have her fiance kill him", I thought it would be New Jersey.

I feel like the next time I need a dress repaired or altered, I should take it to this guy after all he's been through.

When 30 more lbs are gone, I'll have a lot of dresses to take him.