PDA

View Full Version : Senate Staffers Warned to Stay Clear of Drudge Report

SarasotaRepub
03-10-2010, 07:29 AM
:rolleyes: Gee, I go to Drudge hundreds of times a month...no virus!!! (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/09/senate-warns-staffers-stay-clear-drudge-report/)

FOXNews.com

The Senate's official gatekeeper, said the Drudge Report, a conservative news aggregator, and whitepages.com "are responsible for the many viruses popping up throughout the Senate," according to an e-mail to the Environment and Public Works Committee.

Total Bullshit but when you have thugs like Rahm...

stsinner
03-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Drudge is my main news source, and I never have had any problems.. Not surprising coming from one of the worst administrations in my lifetime, or even that I've read about.

Gingersnap
03-10-2010, 10:37 AM
They are all addicted to Drudge. Good luck with that.

ralph wiggum
03-10-2010, 11:13 AM
I used to get a lot of pop-ups from Drudge. No viruses, but I found it annoying.

Jfor
03-10-2010, 12:21 PM
The problem is NOT with Drudgereport.com, the problem is that the Senate must not keep their machines up to date. There is vulnerability within Java that allows for a piece of annoyingly nasty software to get onto your computer. They would not have the problem if their IT folks were keeping their computers up to date. With it being the federal government, I highly doubt their patch management is very efficient.

Speedy
03-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Who knew. The truth is now considered a virus.

AmPat
03-11-2010, 11:33 AM
I have Drudge at my workplace. The IT here would not allow any intrusion. Next step here can only be computer meltdown for virus problems. Why don't they check Barney Fwank's computer if they suspect a virus?