PDA

View Full Version : Corey Haim Found Dead of Overdose

linda22003
03-10-2010, 10:28 AM
http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/03/10/corey-haim-dead/

I chose the category for this news story because Shannon will be devastated - "The Lost Boys" is one of her favorite movies, if I recall.

After all, with his drug history, it ain't exactly Breaking News.

Gingersnap
03-10-2010, 10:34 AM
And he was the "good" Corey. What a waste. :(

ralph wiggum
03-10-2010, 11:01 AM
And he was the "good" Corey. What a waste. :(

There was a good one? :confused:

Gingersnap
03-10-2010, 11:04 AM
There was a good one? :confused:

Corey Feldman was (or is) even more of a druggie. He's obviously just a lot luckier.

ralph wiggum
03-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Corey Feldman was (or is) even more of a druggie. He's obviously just a lot luckier.

Was reading elsewhere that Feldman has been clean for a while and is a devout born-again Christian. Also that Haim has been through rehab at least 15 times. :eek:

Gingersnap
03-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Was reading elsewhere that Feldman has been clean for a while and is a devout born-again Christian. Also that Haim has been through rehab at least 15 times. :eek:

They were both hard cases and have done stints in rehab. It's the usual celebutard mess.

stsinner
03-10-2010, 11:18 AM
What a shame, and at the height of his caree....... Wait-who?

linda22003
03-10-2010, 11:34 AM
There was a reality show a couple of years ago called "The Two Coreys" which I saw exactly once; Feldman had cleaned up his act and gotten married, and had a nice house; Haim mostly showed up and crashed on the sofa.

noonwitch
03-10-2010, 11:53 AM
There was a reality show a couple of years ago called "The Two Coreys" which I saw exactly once; Feldman had cleaned up his act and gotten married, and had a nice house; Haim mostly showed up and crashed on the sofa.

I didn't know Feldman was married again. Wasn't he married to Vanessa Marcil at one point? I always thought that that union had to be about drugs.

It's still sad that Haim died.

linda22003
03-10-2010, 12:05 PM
I have no idea who Vanessa Marcil is, but the wife's name on this one was Susan.

NJCardFan
03-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Oh well. When you dance to the music, sooner or later you're going to have to pay the band. I don't feel sorry for him in the least little bit.

FlaGator
03-10-2010, 12:21 PM
No one else is saying its an overdose. Just that he collapsed at home and his mom called the EMTs. No illegal drugs where found. There was some prescription drugs but it is too soon to make the OK call until tox gets back.

noonwitch
03-10-2010, 03:34 PM
I have no idea who Vanessa Marcil is, but the wife's name on this one was Susan.

Vanessa Marcil used to play Brenda Barrett on GH, and went on to be on Las Vegas, the show that James Caan was on (but that I never watched). According to most men I know, she's totally smoking hot. She also has a tramp stamp.

lacarnut
03-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Oh well. When you dance to the music, sooner or later you're going to have to pay the band. I don't feel sorry for him in the least little bit.

Who cares if another druggie entertainer bites the dust?

PoliCon
03-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Most of Hollywood suffers from the same thing - they have no foundation and are awash with decadence. This is also the reason why so many of them chase after questionable causes - and make asinine political statements. :( Their lives are empty despite their wealth. They have no direction and drugs keep them from having to feel the emptiness. Poor bastards. :(

lacarnut
03-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Most of Hollywood suffers from the same thing - they have no foundation and are awash with decadence. This is also the reason why so many of them chase after questionable causes - and make asinine political statements. :( Their lives are empty despite their wealth. They have no direction and drugs keep them from having to feel the emptiness. Poor bastards. :(

Riches do not buy happiness. Anthony Quinn, a great actor, was asked in an interview if he was happy. His response was "I don't know what happiness is".... rather pathetic.

I would not be surprised if half or more of the Hollywood crowd indulges in cocaine and other drugs.

FlaGator
03-10-2010, 05:55 PM

I do.

lacarnut
03-10-2010, 06:51 PM
I do.

I find that many of them do more harm on God's green earth than good.

FlaGator
03-10-2010, 07:18 PM
I find that many of them do more harm on God's green earth than good.

But you see, I am an alcoholic and a drug addict. I don't use any more because God freed me of those addictions. It hurts when I see someone one die because they were bound irrevocably bound to something that they knew was killing them. I ask myself why did God pick me and free me from that nightmare and not them. I am not better nor more deserving than they are. Don't misunderstand, I am happy to be free and I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth but the question remains unanswered.

Rockntractor
03-10-2010, 07:22 PM
But you see, I am a drug alcoholic and a drug addict. I don't use any more because God freed me of those addictions. It hurts when I see someone one die because they were bound irrevocably bound to something that they knew was killing them. I ask myself why did God pick me and free me from that nightmare and not them. I am not better nor more deserving than they are. Don't misunderstand, I am happy to be free and I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth but the question remains unanswered.
Some day you can talk to the one who wrote the handbook for humans, until then I am content in saying thank you!

FlaGator
03-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Some day you can talk to the one who wrote the handbook for humans, until then I am content in saying thank you!

I have read about how people react when they enter the presence of the one who wrote that book. My response will probably be along the lines of those people. Fall on my face and cry "I am a man of unclean lips from a people of unclean lips" :)

Rockntractor
03-10-2010, 08:01 PM
I have read about how people react when they enter the presence of the one who wrote that book. My response will probably be along the lines of those people. Fall on my face and cry "I am a man of unclean lips from a people of unclean lips" :)
Good choice of words, can I use that!:D

lacarnut
03-10-2010, 08:01 PM
But you see, I am a drug alcoholic and a drug addict. I don't use any more because God freed me of those addictions. It hurts when I see someone one die because they were bound irrevocably bound to something that they knew was killing them. I ask myself why did God pick me and free me from that nightmare and not them. I am not better nor more deserving than they are. Don't misunderstand, I am happy to be free and I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth but the question remains unanswered.

I have walked in your shoes with the drinking part and usage of codeine to make it thru the work day. So, I know where you are coming from. God's intervention saved my life also.

Here is where we may part company. I am not sympathetic to those entertainers that not only use drugs but have the money to get others involved in their habit. I never talked a living soul into drinking or taking pills. This guy started out on Marijuana and went from there to Cocaine and then to Crack. Excusing their behavior by going to rehab really pisses me off because for the most it is just a front. Kids and adult look up to these jackasses also. Plus, drug usage does not seem to hurt their careers provided they do not get too whacked out. Consequently, I am totally against legalization of Marijuana from a moral and humanistic standpoint. This guy would probably be alive today if he had not smoked that first joint.

FlaGator
03-10-2010, 08:11 PM
I have walked in your shoes with the drinking part and usage of codeine to make it thru the work day. So, I know where you are coming from. God's intervention saved my life also.

Here is where we may part company. I am not sympathetic to those entertainers that not only use drugs but have the money to get others involved in their habit. I never talked a living soul into drinking or taking pills. This guy started out on Marijuana and went from there to Cocaine and then to Crack. Excusing their behavior by going to rehab really pisses me off because for the most it is just a front. Kids and adult look up to these jackasses also. Plus, drug usage does not seem to hurt their careers provided they do not get too whacked out. Consequently, I am totally against legalization of Marijuana from a moral and humanistic standpoint. This guy would probably be alive today if he had not smoked that first joint.

You are probably right, which is really what makes the whole thing so tragic in my mind. Perhaps he is at peace now...

lurkalot
03-10-2010, 08:42 PM
I am with you Fla..there but for the Grace of God goes any of us. But as you surely know even Bill said that there are some that cannot be helped, that they are incapable of being honest with themselves. All life is a gift from God, this man was someone's son, with all the hopes and dreams we all had. Unfortunately the path he took led to a life that he never really lived. According to what I read he was just a kid when he started and admitted he was a lifetime relapser, so in reality he never knew how wonderful life could be without the haze of chemical "enhancement".

PoliCon
03-10-2010, 09:55 PM

Thinking compassionate human beings. Only the most base and wretched of creatures rejoice in the sufferings of others.

Rockntractor
03-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Thinking compassionate human beings. Only the most base and wretched of creatures rejoice in the sufferings of others.
Get off your self righteous little high horse. It is getting old!

lacarnut
03-10-2010, 10:16 PM

For a dumb ass Union School Teacher, he lacks reading comprehension. Deduction/induction 101 must not have been offered in that Yankee school he attended. Nowhere do I say that I rejoice in the suffering of others. Polipoop needs further education.

PoliCon
03-10-2010, 10:17 PM

Self righteous? It's not self righteous if it's the truth. :p

Gingersnap
03-10-2010, 10:29 PM
We're all on the same side here - we're just articulating parts of it differently.

He was some mother's son. She didn't look into his eyes at three years old and imagine this end for her child.

He was a boy/man living a dangerous "lifestyle". People didn't shun him for this, they applauded it when he was marketable. Had they shunned him, he might have pulled up and reconsidered his life.

He was a role model for some (like it or not). His film career and TV show may have had an unintended effect on rudderless viewers. He had a chance to change that for the better but he was selfish.

It's sad, infuriating, and wasteful all at once.

CueSi
03-11-2010, 12:41 AM

I'm probably going with the simpler, "I suck. And I'm sorry."

~QC

linda22003
03-11-2010, 08:17 AM
He was a boy/man living a dangerous "lifestyle". People didn't shun him for this, they applauded it when he was marketable. Had they shunned him, he might have pulled up and reconsidered his life.

He was a role model for some (like it or not). His film career and TV show may have had an unintended effect on rudderless viewers. He had a chance to change that for the better but he was selfish.

It's sad, infuriating, and wasteful all at once.

Or, to put it more succinctly, he was Robert Downey, Jr. without the talent.

Shannon
03-11-2010, 08:37 PM
This did upset me a bit. I grew up watching both of "The Coreys" in movies. It's just weird. I still picture him as a kid. I must be getting old...

PoliCon
03-18-2010, 04:57 PM
just found this . . .

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/129127352752753149.jpg

bijou
02-14-2011, 11:47 AM
The Lost Boys actor Corey Haim has died aged 38, the Los Angeles coroner's office has confirmed.

A spokeswoman said he passed away in the early hours of Wednesday morning at Providence St Joseph Medical Centre.

A post-mortem will determine the cause of death and no other details have been released as yet.

The Canadian-born star's first role was in the 1984 hit Firstborn. In recent years, he appeared in reality TV show The Two Coreys.

The series, which also starred Haim's friend Corey Feldman, was cancelled in 2008 after two series.

The pair, who both have battled drug problems in the past, starred in the 1988 movie License to Drive together and became well known for their on and off screen partnership. ...Link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8560246.stm)

Rebel Yell
02-14-2011, 11:49 AM
I thought he died months ago?:confused:

Rebel Yell
02-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Do y'all get your news by boat?

NJCardFan
02-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Um, news a little slow getting to your neck of the woods? He died last March.

Novaheart
02-14-2011, 11:50 AM

:D

Novaheart
02-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Um, news a little slow getting to your neck of the woods? He died last March.

Hey, he's a fucking dead guy.

Rockntractor
02-14-2011, 11:52 AM

If the snows and rains don't stop we will be. It will be at least a week until it is dried up enough for me to make money again.

bijou
02-14-2011, 11:53 AM
I thought he died months ago?:confused:

That will teach me to post at work. Was just surfing the BBC site and saw it. :D

NJCardFan
02-14-2011, 12:01 PM
That will teach me to post at work. Was just surfing the BBC site and saw it. :D
Then I take it you missed the date. :p

Madisonian
02-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Oh noes...
Next you will be telling me that Ted Kennedy has died.:D

FBIGuy
02-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Oh noes...
Next you will be telling me that Ted Kennedy has died.:D

Ted is Dead? Nooooooooo!!!

JB
02-14-2011, 06:41 PM
beej is off her meds.

Phillygirl
02-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks, Bij...I announced it to the whole office. :(

AmPat
02-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Hey, he's a fucking dead guy.

LOL:D

JB
02-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks, Bij...I announced it to the whole office. :(LMAO.

That's funny though. He's the type of guy that you just say "oh, really" and then move on. You should make a game out it. Next year, tell them again.

Kay
02-14-2011, 07:15 PM
I ask myself why did God pick me and free me from that nightmare and not them. I am not better nor more deserving than they are. Don't misunderstand, I am happy to be free and I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth but the question remains unanswered.

I see it differently. You are forgetting that little thing called "free will".
God is there and will lift anyone up out of that lifestyle if they make the
choice and then ask for His help. Why you instead of them? I say
because you exercised your free will and sought His help. They did not.

Phillygirl
02-14-2011, 07:20 PM
LMAO.

That's funny though. He's the type of guy that you just say "oh, really" and then move on. You should make a game out it. Next year, tell them again.

Well, since I need to be right, I told them it was cory feldman that died last year.

Jumpy
02-14-2011, 09:45 PM
This guy would probably be alive today if he had not smoked that first joint. He probably tried booze and tobacco even before the joint. He would probably be alive today if he had not smoked that first cigarette. edited to add... I also passed this on to someone, who will be watching for it in the papers tomorrow. haha.

ralph wiggum
02-15-2011, 09:53 AM

I was wondering why this thread got resurrected.

Make sure to post a reminder next year too! :D

fettpett
02-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Well, since I need to be right, I told them it was cory feldman that died last year.

LMAO...even though he's still alive and had a new Lost Boys one on top of it :D

Phillygirl
02-15-2011, 01:37 PM
LMAO...even though he's still alive and had a new Lost Boys one on top of it :D

Hey, Heath Ledger had a movie come out after he died, I'm sure it can happen with the Coreys too! :D

Madisonian
02-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Hey, Heath Ledger had a movie come out after he died, I'm sure it can happen with the Coreys too! :D

Heath Ledger is dead too!!!:eek:

Phillygirl
02-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Heath Ledger is dead too!!!:eek:

Shh...that's tomorrow's breaking news story.

Zathras
02-15-2011, 09:23 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/3005.Thread_5F00_Necromancy.jpg