PDA

View Full Version : White House Easter Egg Roll Honors 'Mother Earth'

FlaGator
03-10-2010, 01:45 PM
I see Obama shows a lot of respect of Christian Holidays

For some Americans, Easter is a religious holiday to pay homage to the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, whom they consider to be the Son of God. But for President Barack Obama, this is a day to worship the environmental pagan goddess of 'Mother Earth.' No word yet, on whether the government-sponsored pagan worshippers at the Air Force Academy have been invited to attend ceremonies at the White House Easter Egg Roll ceremonies this year. According to Fox News, "this year's White House Easter Egg Roll will be eggs-exactly what the bunny ordered. The environmentally-concerned bunny, that is."

As disclosed by a White House announcement, the eggs at this year's April 5th even will be manufactured from paperboard that contains no wood from endangered forests, is recyclable and features vegetable-oil based inks and a water-based coating."

Nevertheless, it hasn't been determined if every single ingredient to manufacture the eggs, comes directly from the United States, or perhaps China. If some portion of the green-friendly eggs were made in China, then Obama may have to cancel the 'Mother Earth' event, since Sen. Chuck Schumer (D.-N.Y.) is pushing for legislation to outlaw the use of stimulus funds to finance environmental products that were not 'Made in America.'

Whole thing here (http://www.dallasblog.com/201003081006244/dallas-blog/white-house-easter-egg-roll-honors-mother-earth.html)

linda22003
03-10-2010, 01:49 PM
You'll have to explain the theological significance of an egg roll to me. :rolleyes:

FlaGator
03-10-2010, 02:08 PM
You'll have to explain the theological significance of an egg roll to me. :rolleyes:

As usual your sarcasm is uncalled for, but I guess you just can't help being rude.

First off it is called the "White House Easter Egg Roll" and since you don't seem to realize this, Easter celebrates the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Perhaps they should call it something else beside the "Easter Egg Role" to avoid any connection with Christianity.

The significance of the egg come from legend:

In the 20th century, however, the Church increasingly recognised the importance of Mary Magdalene in her own right. Mary Magdalene bears witness to the important role women once held in the church, a role yet to be fully restored, and so a new approach to her symbolism became desirable. Clearly, the confusion between Mary Magdalene and the sinful woman of Luke 7 needed to be corrected, but how were any alternatives to be expressed? For some years now, artists have appealed to the Eastern tradition that tells us of Mary Magdalene's journey to Rome after the Ascension. After describing how poorly Pilate had administered justice at Jesus' trial, she told Caesar that Jesus had risen from the dead. To help explain his resurrection she picked up an egg from the dinner table. Caesar responded that a human being could no more rise from the dead than the egg in her hand turn red. The egg turned red immediately, which is why red eggs have been exchanged at Easter for centuries in the Byzantine East.Legend is here (http://www.stmarymagdalene.asn.au/RedEggBurdon.htm)

linda22003
03-10-2010, 02:21 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic. The egg part, sure, but rolling them (not ROLE ing them) at the White House has never had any theological meaning of which I am aware.
Where does the giant bunny come in?

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/03/25/bush1_narrowweb__300x328,2.jpg

linda22003
03-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I never heard the Mary Magdalene Red Egg story, but "legend" is not exactly Biblical.

FlaGator
03-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic. The egg part, sure, but rolling them (not ROLE ing them) at the White House has never had any theological meaning of which I am aware.
Where does the giant bunny come in?

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/03/25/bush1_narrowweb__300x328,2.jpg

Hare Club for Men (http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155558/)

Jesus set up the first Pope to be Peter, a rabbit. He choose the Peter because rabbits ca'sn talk and thus add or subtract things from the message of salvation.

linda22003
03-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Hare Club for Men (http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155558/)

Jesus set up the first Pope to be Peter, a rabbit. He choose the Peter because rabbits ca'sn talk and thus add or subtract things from the message of salvation.

I knew you could do it. However, it's obvious the bunny GW is snuggling is a girl, so what about women in the Catholic clergy? You've got to give her props for wearing the correct liturgical color for Lent, at least. :p

FlaGator
03-10-2010, 02:30 PM
I never heard the Mary Magdalene Red Egg story, but "legend" is not exactly Biblical.

Biblical or not, it is believed to be where the tradition of dying eggs comes from. There are many things in Christian rituals and celebrations that aren't necessarily biblical but are traditional. You as an Episcopalian should know that.

linda22003
03-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Yep, and I as an Episcopalian don't invent things to get upset about, like the Easter egg roll at the White House. It's just another thing that people are dry heaving about because it's Obama.

FlaGator
03-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I knew you could do it. However, it's obvious the bunny GW is snuggling is a girl, so what about women in the Catholic clergy? You've got to give her props for wearing the correct liturgical color for Lent, at least. :p

South Park is one of my closet vices :).

FlaGator
03-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Yep, and I as an Episcopalian don't invent things to get upset about, like the Easter egg roll at the White House. It's just another thing that people are dry heaving about because it's Obama.

I would have had issues with it no matter who was in charge, but hey that's me. Somethings I take seriously and Easter is one of them. If your going to roll eggs on Easter do it for Christ and not Mother Earth. :D Roll colored eggs for Mother Earth on Earth day.

linda22003
03-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Hare Club is one of the truly great episodes. The best of all time is probably "World of Warcraft".

linda22003
03-10-2010, 02:41 PM
If your (sic) going to roll eggs on Easter do it for Christ and not Mother Earth. :D

Not to beat a dead bunny into the ground, it started under Rutherford B. Hayes, and I don't think it was ever done as more than a family entertainment.

http://www.rbhayes.org/hayes/newsroom/display.asp?id=1013

FlaGator
03-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Hare Club is one of the truly great episodes. The best of all time is probably "World of Warcraft".

My all time favorite is Fat Butt and Pancake Head.

FlaGator
03-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Not to beat a dead bunny into the ground, it started under Rutherford B. Hayes, and I don't think it was ever done as more than a family entertainment.

http://www.rbhayes.org/hayes/newsroom/display.asp?id=1013

Never pee on a good case of righteous indignation...

noonwitch
03-10-2010, 03:23 PM
My all time favorite is Fat Butt and Pancake Head.

My all-time favorite South Park is the one where Satan challenges Jesus to a boxing match. That one is closely followed by both the Paris Hilton episode and the Britney Spears episode, because of the classic social commentary embedded in both.

FlaGator
03-10-2010, 03:27 PM
My all-time favorite South Park is the one where Satan challenges Jesus to a boxing match. That one is closely followed by both the Paris Hilton episode and the Britney Spears episode, because of the classic social commentary embedded in both.

Fat Butt and Pancake Head was the episode with Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck.

Speedy
03-10-2010, 03:32 PM
All of the many years I have hunted and worked in the outdoors I used to pee and take dumps for no other reason than it was a biological necessity. But since the Tree Huggers have really taken to this whole Mother Earth thing I really enjoy pissing and shitting all over their alter.