PDA

View Full Version : Tick, Tock: The Clock's Stopped for '24'

bijou
03-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Dammit: The clock's about to run out for "24."

Nothing's official yet, but Fox has all but decided to make the current season of the Keifer Sutherland thriller its last, according to people familiar with the network's decision. Fox and 20th Century Fox TV have begun end of life conversations and a formal announcement that season eight will be the last could come as soon as this week. ...http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/tick-tock-clocks-stopped-24-15119

ralph wiggum
03-10-2010, 03:42 PM
While it is still entertaining, they seem to be running out of new ideas.

linda22003
03-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Oh My God. This and Corey Haim in one day. Shannon will need to be put on suicide watch. :eek:

Speedy
03-10-2010, 04:04 PM
If they were truly merciful they would stop it in the middle of this season.

Kay
03-10-2010, 09:51 PM
I read somewhere not long ago they were thinking of ending the series, and doing a few full length feature movies - sorta like the James Bond series. I think that is where it's heading. Jack is too valuable a character to just stop. Like James Bond though, there can be only one....Sean Connery IS the only Bond. And Keifer IS the only Jack.

I could have done a much better job of writing the plot for Season 8.
This season is lame.

patriot45
03-10-2010, 10:09 PM
I read somewhere not long ago they were thinking of ending the series, and doing a few full length feature movies - sorta like the James Bond series. I think that is where it's heading. Jack is too valuable a character to just stop. Like James Bond though, there can be only one....Sean Connery IS the only Bond. And Keifer IS the only Jack.

I could have done a much better job of writing the plot for Season 8.
This season is lame.

I'd rather see it as a full length movie, stop with the whole season taking just one day!
Let Jack be able to take an overseas flight to handle some baddies!! Can't do that in one hour!!

I've never seen them eat lunch or dinner, or go to the bathroom!!!

Kay
03-10-2010, 10:37 PM
I've never seen them eat lunch or dinner, or go to the bathroom!!!

He did eat breakfast once. I think it was season 5 or 6 maybe? the one that came on with everyone thinking he was still dead for the past two years - but he was really living with that woman and her son trying to get work on a drilling rig. He got to eat breakfast at the beginning of that day, but that's the only time they ever let the man eat.

Another thing that hurt the series in my opinion, was getting rid of Tony. I didn't like what they did to his character. He and Michele were two of the best characters that made the show work in the early days, and it wasn't the same without them.

I do not like Madame President Taylor. There's something odd about the way her lips move when she talks. She has a flat round face, and when she speaks, it's like there's too much skin in her lips when she talks. One season of her would have been plenty.