PDA

View Full Version : "But What if The Democrats Can Pass the Bill with No House Vote at All?"

megimoo
03-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Slaughter Preps Rule To Avoid Direct Vote On Senate Bill (House to pass ObamaCare without vote!)

Democracy by Slaughter:
But What if The Democrats Can Pass the Bill with No House Vote at All?Astoundingly, House Democrats appear to be preparing to do just that:

The sense around here for the last week or so has been that "only the House vote matters" in deciding the fate of Obamacare.

House Rules Chairwoman Louise Slaughter is prepping to help usher the healthcare overhaul through the House and potentially avoid a direct vote on the Senate overhaul bill, the chairwoman said Tuesday. snip

Slaughter has not taken the plan to Speaker Pelosi as Democrats await CBO scores on the corrections bill. "Once the CBO gives us the score we'll spring right on it," she said. . . .

House members are concerned the Senate could fail to approve the corrections bill, making them nervous about passing the Senate bill with its much-maligned sweetheart deals for certain states.
"We're well beyond that," Pelosi said Tuesday, though she did not clarify.

That the Democrats could take this extraordinary step to avoid passing the Senate bill tells you that they have zero trust in the Senate to pass reconciliation "fixes," and zero trust in the president not to sign the Senate bill should it reach his desk and a reconciliation effort collapse.

But most crucially, it gives the lie — in a big, big way — to the Democratic narrative that health-care reform should and will be finished via simple "majority rule," and not bound up in the arcane rules of the United States Senate.

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NjAyOTZkMWM1NWYxZjIxZmMxM2Y0YzM1MmU2ZWYxZDU=

megimoo
03-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Pelosi’s Latest Healthcare Scheme

Meetings between House and Senate Democratic leaders and White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel lasted on into Tuesday evening and were aimed at crafting a series of legislative maneuvers that would result in the passage of the president’s healthcare nationalization plan by late next week.

According to multiple congressional sources on both sides of the Hill, here’s what they were talking about.

Under Speaker Pelosi’s latest master plan, the House would vote on a bill that is enormously complicated and in at least two parts.

First, it would contain the Senate-passed healthcare bill, with the Cornhusker Kickback, the Second Louisiana Purchase and every other bribe that propelled it through the Senate.

Second, it would contain a “reconciliation” bill that would make both policy amendments and purported budget fixes, making the bill palatable to even staunch abortion opponents such as Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) who promised to lead a group of a dozen abortion opponents in voting against the bill if his concerns weren’t satisfied.

Third -- and this is where it gets into the “you gotta be kidding” range -- it would make the passage of the first item, the Senate bill, contingent on the Senate passing the second reconciliation part. Kinda, sort of. And that would be based on a letter to be obtained by Pelosi with the signatures of at least 51 Senators or used car salesmen.

The “trust us” letter will undoubtedly be delivered with a smile.

One substantive requirement may preclude Pelosi’s ability to pull this dingy rabbit out of her hat. Reconciliation can only be used after the Congressional Budget Office “scores” -- i.e., determines the budgetary impact -- of the reconciliation bill. But that likely cannot be done in time for a House vote next week.

A clearer -- and much larger -- obstacle to this legislative Kabuki dance is the impending ruling by Senate parliamentarians on whether reconciliation can be used on the healthcare legislation before it is enacted.

Both leaders of the Senate Budget Committee, Chairman Kent Conrad (D-ND) and Ranking Republican Judd Gregg (R-NH) believe that reconciliation cannot be used on a bill: it can only be invoked on an existing law.

The Senate parliamentarian may rule on this issue at any time, even today. If he says Conrad and Gregg are right, Pelosi’s ploy crashes and burns on the runway. Stay tuned.

Sen. John Kyl (R-Az) and Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va) the Senate and House Republican Whips issued a memo on this madness.

The Kyl-Cantor memo is directed more at Democrats than Republicans. It reminds them that “House Democrats must pass the Senate’s health care overhaul before the Senate will even consider “fixing it.” And while it seems like Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid intends to take up the reconciliation package, it is far from certain that he can get it through the Senate without any changes whatsoever.” (Emphasis in original). (You can read the whole memo here).http://republicanwhip.house.gov/floor/KylCantorMemo.pdf

It points out that the Senate bill -- which House Dems are being told they have to vote for -- contains:

• Increased health spending (bending the cost curve up, not down)
• Nearly $500 billion in Medicare cuts;
• Over $500 billion in tax increases;
• Health insurance premium hikes;
• $1 trillion bill that relies on double-counting and gimmicks
• Cornhusker kickback
• Second Louisiana Purchase;
• Carve-outs for Florida seniors only;
• Tax on health care plans which will lead to increased healthcare costs for consumers;
• Targeted tax on small construction firms suffering from record employment losses.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=35967

z06gal
03-10-2010, 08:22 PM
This is THE most corrupt, deceptive, arrogant, lying, malicious administration to ever have stepped foot in Washington and they WILL be voted out. I just hope we can make it till then. :mad::mad:

lacarnut
03-10-2010, 08:30 PM
If the House does not vote on the Senate bill, I do not see how it could become law. The S.C. would hopefully throw this turkey out.

Swampfox
03-10-2010, 08:50 PM
That was a really confusing article. I think what it is saying is that the House would vote on some other health care bill instead of the Senate Health Care bill. They can't pass a bill without voting on it. That doesn't make any sense.

fettpett
03-10-2010, 09:11 PM
i wouldn't put anything past these nuts. though it would probably be some obscure rule that they would use along with reconciliation to pass it

Wei Wu Wei
03-11-2010, 02:49 AM
This is THE most corrupt, deceptive, arrogant, lying, malicious administration to ever have stepped foot in Washington and they WILL be voted out. I just hope we can make it till then. :mad::mad:

I have some insider information that's really going to turn your world upside down: politicians play politics

Wei Wu Wei
03-11-2010, 02:50 AM
The Senate bill is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. If it's the senate bill that's they are pushing I pray that the Republicans stop it.

fettpett
03-11-2010, 08:53 AM
The Senate bill is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. If it's the senate bill that's they are pushing I pray that the Republicans stop it.

uh....yeah it's the Senate bill retard thats what we've been posting on while you go on about something else

lacarnut
03-11-2010, 01:45 PM
uh....yeah it's the Senate bill retard thats what we've been posting on while you go on about something else

The dummy does not understand. The House will either vote on the Senate bill without any changes and by some trickery send it to the Prez for his signauture. I don't think that's legal but we will see. The second option is that the House changes the Senate bill. In that case, it has to go back to the Senate for them to vote on it.

Wei Wu Wei
03-11-2010, 02:00 PM

I'm specifying the senate bill because many people assume there's only one bill out there. I liked the House Bill, the senate version is just a government handout to insurance companies.

lacarnut
03-11-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm specifying the senate bill because many people assume there's only one bill out there. I liked the House Bill, the senate version is just a government handout to insurance companies.

You are a confused critter. The House bill has the Public Option which does not stand a Chinaman's chance of passing in the Senate unless reconciliation is used.

fettpett
03-11-2010, 03:40 PM
oy... Wei, what the article is about and another thread is that they STRIPPED the House bill and INSERTED the Senate bill. Why? becuase the Senate Bill has new Taxes. ANY bill with new taxes HAS to orginate in the House. This is an attempt to cricumvent that and get a direct line to Obassiah. there esseincally is NO House bill anymore and only the Senate bill.

either way, How the FUCK do you call yourself a Conservative and support either one? the Public Option is just MORE Government involvment in your and everyone elses life. the Senate Bill is just a POS and bolloning our Debt by at LEST 1 trillion dollars, not to mention how much a Public Option would add.

rzoo4u2c
03-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Tyranny, War, House cleaning!