PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Thursday

FlaGator
03-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Well the weather finally warmed up but now its raining. The meteorlogical people are saying to expect as much as 3 inches between now and tomorrow evening.

TOTD: What TV commercials really bug you. For me lately it is the guy who is having a conversation with his reflection in a window about talking to his doctor about his erectile dysfunction. I suspect that if you are talking to your reflection in a window and that reflection is answering back and giving advice then you have bigger issues to deal with than erectile dysfuction.

linda22003
03-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Well, the only "woody medicine" commercial that bugs me is the one with the matching bathtubs. What are we supposed to infer from THAT?
The commercial that annoys the hell out of me right now is "Give me back that filet o' fish", since the tune (if that's the right word for that thing) gets stuck in my head.

patriot45
03-11-2010, 09:19 AM
We are fixin to get drowned here today! Rain and more rain!

TOTD: I hate the ads that leave me with no clue as to what I'm supposed to buy, They are just confusing.
They are probably for some green kind of crap!

And I do get a kick out of the separate bathtubs! Makes no sense.

Gingersnap
03-11-2010, 09:57 AM
It's warming up a bit! The ground is still frozen, though.

TOTD: I hate the Proactiv commercials. That guy looks completely gay. I try to DVR shows so I can zip through all the commercials. I find that if you wait for 20 minutes after a show starts, you can avoid them completely.

I am completely hypnotized by kitchen gadget/garden gadget commercials, however. And yes, I do have the Titan vegetable peeler and the Topsy Turvy tomato planter. :cool:

linda22003
03-11-2010, 10:02 AM
My latest favorite is Wendy, the screeching fat lady who wants you to buy an EZ Cracker for eggs. She's going to give Vince a run (well, a waddle) for his money!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxZxYZdzpWk&feature=related

Gingersnap
03-11-2010, 10:13 AM
My latest favorite is Wendy, the screeching fat lady who wants you to buy an EZ Cracker for eggs. She's going to give Vince a run (well, a waddle) for his money!

OMG! I have never seen that one. She's hideous and her voice is evil! Luckily, I mastered the art of egg-cracking sometime during the 3rd grade. :D

Rebel Yell
03-11-2010, 10:13 AM
I actually get angry when I hear this commercial come on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijH3cRJ1BY

linda22003
03-11-2010, 10:23 AM
OMG! I have never seen that one. She's hideous and her voice is evil! Luckily, I mastered the art of egg-cracking sometime during the 3rd grade. :D

She was the "Snapple" lady for several years.

linda22003
03-11-2010, 10:23 AM
I actually get angry when I hear this commercial come on.

Why angry??

Rebel Yell
03-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Why angry??

I don't know. Crazy, I guess. :confused:

linda22003
03-11-2010, 10:26 AM

The part where she digs the shells out of her teeth is particularly appealing. I still separate eggs by pouring the yolk back and forth between the shell halves.

Gingersnap
03-11-2010, 10:32 AM
The part where she digs the shells out of her teeth is particularly appealing. I still separate eggs by pouring the yolk back and forth between the shell halves.

I do too but neither one of us probably has the egg-shattering grip strength of paws like hers. :eek:

BadCat
03-11-2010, 10:42 AM
The Progressive Insurance commercials.

I cannot stand that woman...or the company she shills for.

linda22003
03-11-2010, 10:45 AM

Stephanie Courtney is with the "Groundlings" theatre group in LA, and is actually very pretty when she's not dolled up as Flo.

http://redriverautographs.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/600full-stephanie-courtney.jpg

Rebel Yell
03-11-2010, 10:54 AM

Those don't really bother as bad as the AllState ones with Pedro Cerrano from Major League. We have accident forgiveness/ We wave your deductible. Yeah, they do, if you choose that option. The catch is that it costs extra. Why pay more now to keep your rate from going up if you have an accident?

All insurance ads are full of shit, but not as bad as AllState. Progressive: We let you choose the coverages you want and leave out those you don't. We tailor your policy to suit you. THEY ALL DO THAT!!!!! YOU JUST ADVERTISE IT!!!!

FlaGator
03-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Those don't really bother as bad as the AllState ones with Pedro Cerrano from Major League. We have accident forgiveness/ We wave your deductible. Yeah, they do, if you choose that option. The catch is that it costs extra. Why pay more now to keep your rate from going up if you have an accident?

All insurance ads are full of shit, but not as bad as AllState. Progressive: We let you choose the coverages you want and leave out those you don't. We tailor your policy to suit you. THEY ALL DO THAT!!!!! YOU JUST ADVERTISE IT!!!!

I always figured the "we compare your rates with the rates of other companies" was a big ploy to avoid insuring them and still coming out looking like a good guy. Why turn the down when you can show them rates twice as high as the other competitors and send them scurring else by their own choice.

lacarnut
03-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Sunny and warm in south LA; Looks like a beautiful weekend with clear skies for a change.

TOTD: Most commercials bug me. The E-Trade one where the baby throws up is about as nauseating as one can get. The little shit voice is even irritating. Men and women's hygiene products is another bummer. I would like to sham wow that fucker up side the head with one of his wet towels. Grrrr

M21
03-11-2010, 12:58 PM

Amen! She's incredibly irritating.

M21
03-11-2010, 01:02 PM
The commercial Mrs. M21 hates that I love. Comedy Gold :D

http://www.oldspice.com/videos/all/22/The_Man_Your_Man_Could_Smell_Like/

linda22003
03-11-2010, 01:04 PM
The commercial Mrs. M21 hates that I love. Comedy Gold :D

I've never seen that one. He had me at "diamonds". Why does she hate it? It's hilarious.

M21
03-11-2010, 01:29 PM
I've never seen that one. He had me at "diamonds". Why does she hate it? It's hilarious.

I guess hate was too strong a word. She thinks it's just silly and pointless.

Zathras
03-11-2010, 02:44 PM
You don't see them anymore but the commercials I hated were the anti-smoking ones from Truth.com.

Kay
03-11-2010, 11:18 PM
I can't stand that retractable awning commercial with the woman that sounds just like Gladys Cravitts on the original b/w Bewitched show.

My other pet peeve is the one about the diabetes tester maker, where its made "right here in the yew s aay" and used by "Rodney's kit too". I like to never figgered out what that woman was saying about Rodney's kit. I'm still not quite sure, but I think she's saying his 'kid' has diabetes too.