PDA

View Full Version : Will Christianity in the US follow the UK pattern?

SaintLouieWoman
03-11-2010, 03:48 PM
http://downloads.cbn.com/cbnnewsplayer/cbnplayer.swf?aid=9425

Hope this download works. I have problems with my charter, sometimes just going to the home page.

I received this from a friend at my former company. The parallel between how Christianity is treated in the UK and US is frightening.

noonwitch
03-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Your download worked, it came through.

M21
03-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Sad story. It's as it has always been I'm afraid. Christians in America will be driven underground one day as many under other repressive regimes are.

FlaGator
03-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Sad story. It's as it has always been I'm afraid. Christians in America will be driven underground one day as many under other repressive regimes are.

I don't think this will happen as fast as in Britain because of our laws but it will eventually come here and probably every else for that matter. Christ told us that this would happen and so it has begun.

Gingersnap
03-11-2010, 04:43 PM
It worked fine.

There are a couple of differences between the United States and the U.K. in this area.

A lot of regulation in the U.K. is developed and implemented by unelected bodies in government. We think of the U.K. as being a country regulated through the type of democracy we have here but it isn't. We can sweep elected officials out of office, dismantle regulation, and even reverse legal precedent. We can also sue the pants off each other for virtually no reason or for any reason.

This makes Americans a lot more snappish than our Brit counterparts. Christians did stand idly by while legislators began to craft discriminatory laws but now those laws are being challenged from the school board level all the way up. Also, non-Christian faith groups here understand that legislation that affects Christians adversely will also affect them equally. If Christians are forced to accept women or gays in the pulpit when they don't want to, Dianic Wiccans and Muslims will be forced into similar things eventually. Lastly, we are great believers in individualism on a personal level. We kind of enjoy being "different" from the culture at large so we're less interested in kowtowing to bureaucrats, teachers, or politicians than Europeans are.

SaintLouieWoman
03-11-2010, 04:45 PM
It worked fine.

There are a couple of differences between the United States and the U.K. in this area.

A lot of regulation in the U.K. is developed and implemented by unelected bodies in government. We think of the U.K. as being a country regulated through the type of democracy we have here but it isn't. We can sweep elected officials out of office, dismantle regulation, and even reverse legal precedent. We can also sue the pants off each other for virtually no reason or for any reason.

This makes Americans a lot more snappish than our Brit counterparts. Christians did stand idly by while legislators began to craft discriminatory laws but now those laws are being challenged from the school board level all the way up. Also, non-Christian faith groups here understand that legislation that affects Christians adversely will also affect them equally. If Christians are forced to accept women or gays in the pulpit when they don't want to, Dianic Wiccans and Muslims will be forced into similar things eventually. Lastly, we are great believers in individualism on a personal level. We kind of enjoy being "different" from the culture at large so we're less interested in kowtowing to bureaucrats, teachers, or politicians than Europeans are.

This is the beauty of the US. Hopefully the electorate will acknowledge their mistake in the last presidential and congressional elections and sweep out those who are trying to push the US into the direction of Europe. God bless the teabaggers.