PDA

View Full Version : Facial Hair (Thread for CU Men and Women)

CaughtintheMiddle1990
03-12-2010, 05:02 AM
Question for the men and women of CU:

For the men: Do you wear facial hair? If so, what kind? A solo mustache (and if a solo stache, what kind?), a goatee, a chinstrap, a chin goatee (no mustache), a full beard, a soul patch a trimmed beard, Don Johnson shadow? Or some combination? What do you think of certain types of facial hair, for example mustaches and goatees? Do you have any negative connotations with them?

For the women: Do you like facial hair on a man? If so, ladies, what do you like on a man? Some simple shadow, a solo mustache (whether thin Gable-esque mustache or bushy Tom Selleck mustache), a goatee (connected or unconnected to the mustache), a simple soul patch or prefer your man or me in general to be clean-shaven?
http://snagabeardedmozlem.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/beardtypes2.png
http://www.sexymustaches.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Chart.jpg

Sonnabend
03-12-2010, 05:41 AM
Clean shaven. I hate moustaches and beards are a nuisance.

djones520
03-12-2010, 05:43 AM
I rarely shave on my days off. I'll sometimes let a mustache grow during my duty week. I don't really have a set trend, it's just whatever strikes my fancy when I step in front of the mirror.

stsinner
03-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Thought it was a goatee, but I guess I wear a Van Dyke...

On the ball bag, I wear the French Fork...

FeebMaster
03-12-2010, 08:08 AM
I recently trimmed my beard back to a short boxed beard. I regret it.

Also, razors are expensive.

djones520
03-12-2010, 08:15 AM

Tell me about it... Thats one aspect about being in the military that blows.

FlaGator
03-12-2010, 09:49 AM
I have a goatee/van dyke. I've had this style since '96. Occassionally I let it grow out in to a beard but end up shaving it off after a few months

Gingersnap
03-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Well, that was certainly more information about facial hair than I knew existed!

Mr. Snaps is clean shaven and that's what I prefer. Basically, guys should just decide to either have a smooth face or have a real beard (or whatever). There is nothing more annoying than that "shaved last Tuesday" look. Not only is it visually kind of slovenly but it's just no fun at all to kiss a guy with stubble. :(

ralph wiggum
03-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Clean shaven.

Ditto. The beards of whatever type look good on some people. Don't think it would look good on me.

BadCat
03-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Facial hair on men is for guys who have something wrong with their face that they need to hide.

Megaguns91
03-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Facial hair on men is for guys who have something wrong with their face that they need to hide.

I second that. Clean shaven.

I had to deal with a lady that had some beardage going on. THAT was interesting, to say the least.

Rebel Yell
03-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Depends on what day you see me. Monday, I have a goatee. By the weekend, it's a goatee with stubble. I haven't been clean shaven in over a year.

aerojarod
03-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Soul Patch, baby... trimmed to a point

Buggy
03-12-2010, 01:42 PM
I certainly don't prefer facial hair on a guy, but I don't mind if they go a few days without shaving. Long sideburns can also look good on the right face.

lacarnut
03-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Clean shaven here.

Rebel Yell
03-12-2010, 03:38 PM
I certainly don't prefer facial hair on a guy, but I don't mind if they go a few days without shaving. Long sideburns can also look good on the right face.

Thanks for reminding me. I also have long sideburns. Not 'chops, just sideburns.

CLibertarian
03-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Short Boxed Beard.

I've had a mustache since I was a teenager. I grew a beard just before I turned 30 because of baby face syndrome. A woman in her early 40's wanted to introduce me to her 17 year old daugher. I nearly had a heart attack. When She found out how old I was, she did too.

Now that I'm in my late 40's with my beard and mustache are turning white, I may have to shave it off to take off of few years.:D

Speedy
03-12-2010, 05:00 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/PHOTO72.jpg

Articulate_Ape
03-12-2010, 05:06 PM

How long is your beard?

BadCat
03-12-2010, 05:11 PM
How long is your beard?

I don't have a beard, or mustache.

How old is the shit between your ears?

Articulate_Ape
03-12-2010, 05:12 PM
I don't have a beard, or mustache.

How old is the shit between your ears?

Fifty years old. Yours?

BadCat
03-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Fifty years old. Yours?

I had thought you were just a shit for brains, now I know you're a petrified shit for brains.

Listen dude, you and I are not going to be friends...there is an ignore button here, use it.

Articulate_Ape
03-12-2010, 05:27 PM
I had thought you were just a shit for brains, now I know you're a petrified shit for brains.

Listen dude, you and I are not going to be friends...there is an ignore button here, use it.

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/JamesSavant/ohnoes.jpg

BadCat
03-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Oh c'mon. Did everyone you spammed with your stupid friend requests accept them?

Am I the only person who turned you down?

papabull
03-12-2010, 05:40 PM

Have you considered switching to a straight razor? You get superb control, super close shaves, never replace the blade and one razor can last you a lifetime and then some. :)

I only use straight razors for shaving and love the straight razor so much I started making custom razors.

There are a lot of vintage razors still out there and if you shop around at flea markets and what have you, you can sometimes find some outstanding shaving razors for less than $20.00.

More and more people are going back to the straight blade these days, believe it or not!

http://customstraightrazors.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/wave2.JPG

Teetop
03-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Mustache and a soul patch, trimmed to a point.

Articulate_Ape
03-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Oh c'mon. Did everyone you spammed with your stupid friend requests accept them?

Am I the only person who turned you down?

No, but you were the only gay one. It kind of hurt my feelings.

BadCat
03-12-2010, 05:56 PM
No, but you were the only gay one. It kind of hurt my feelings.

I'm sure it did. Desperate losers like you tend to be a bit sensitive.

patriot45
03-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Have you considered switching to a straight razor? You get superb control, super close shaves, never replace the blade and one razor can last you a lifetime and then some. :)

I only use straight razors for shaving and love the straight razor so much I started making custom razors.

There are a lot of vintage razors still out there and if you shop around at flea markets and what have you, you can sometimes find some outstanding shaving razors for less than $20.00.

More and more people are going back to the straight blade these days, believe it or not!

If I used that there would be stitches in my future!! :eek:

Ebay, the place for bargains, I just won a bid for 2 8 packs of Gillette Mach 3 turbos for $19.00 + 2 dollars shipping! Wally World has 8 packs for $19.95!!

Articulate_Ape
03-12-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm sure it did. Desperate losers like you tend to be a bit sensitive.

Indeed, my thin skin is evident to all by my hypersensitive and even hostile reactions to the comments made by others even in jest. You have me pegged as cleanly as your puckish chin is shaven. Why, I even have a tear or two in my eyes as I type this with my tender and trembling fingers.

BadCat
03-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Indeed, my thin skin is evident to all by my hypersensitive and even hostile reactions to the comments made by others even in jest. You have me pegged as cleanly as your puckish chin is shaven. Why, I even have a tear or two in my eyes as I type this with my tender and trembling fingers.

Yeah, you do sound like a femboy.

Articulate_Ape
03-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Now, back to the topic... I sport a short and meticulously groomed beard and mustache to mask the grotesque deformities that comprise my gentlemanly visage.

Articulate_Ape
03-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah, you do sound like a femboy.

Look, if you want to be my friend, PM me, but if you want a date, I have nothing open until a week from next Wednesday. I am starring in La Cage aux Folles on Ice for the next two weeks.

BadCat
03-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Look, if you want to be my friend, PM me, but if you want a date, I have nothing open until a week from next Wednesday. I am starring in La Cage aux Folles on Ice for the next two weeks.

No, I don't want to be your "friend", in any way, shape or form.

Freakin' fag.

Bubba Dawg
03-12-2010, 06:18 PM

My sentiments exactly BC.

Having said that, I have a bushy horseshoe with a soul patch and mutton chops.

I prefer to call the soul patch a Frank Zappa apostrophe and the mutton chops are kinda like Duane Allman.

http://www.the-planets.com/star-biography/Frank-Zappa-Biography-3.jpg

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/24124355/Duane+Allman+DuaneAllmanHotLanta.jpg

I'm also bald on top.

Articulate_Ape
03-12-2010, 06:28 PM
No, I don't want to be your "friend", in any way, shape or form.

Freakin' fag.

So you wanted that date instead then. Well, there's bad news on that front I fear. I have talked it over with the missus and she said, "No way, he sounds like a stalker to me." So, I am going to have to retract my date offer to preserve my marriage. Sorry to disappoint you, but with your thick skin I am sure you'll get over it in no time flat.

Articulate_Ape
03-12-2010, 06:34 PM
I only have about 7 gray hairs so far, but as soon as I get a gray or white beard I am so gonna look like this...

http://thenonist.com/images/uploads/beard.jpg

FeebMaster
03-12-2010, 06:50 PM

I was thinking about getting one just before I stopped shaving. If I ever decide to lose the beard I'll probably go for it.

Gingersnap
03-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Just weighing in from the female perspective here - soul patches pretty much scream "adolescent" to me. :cool:

Bubba Dawg
03-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Just weighing in from the female perspective here - soul patches pretty much scream "adolescent" to me. :cool:

So, they kinda turn you on....? :p

Articulate_Ape
03-12-2010, 07:24 PM

I agree. I think female soul patches shout youth all the way.

BadCat
03-12-2010, 07:27 PM
So you wanted that date instead then. Well, there's bad news on that front I fear. I have talked it over with the missus and she said, "No way, he sounds like a stalker to me." So, I am going to have to retract my date offer to preserve my marriage. Sorry to disappoint you, but with your thick skin I am sure you'll get over it in no time flat.

We're going to start a betting pool.

My bet is that your "wife's" name is Bruce.

stsinner
03-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Blades aren't expensive when you have a friend that works for Gillette... Here's my little collection of Mach III and Venus blades...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/brassmonkey71/2010_03_10030Medium.jpg

Bubba Dawg
03-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Blades aren't expensive when you have a friend that works for Gillette... Here's my little collection of Mach III and Venus blades...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/brassmonkey71/2010_03_10030Medium.jpg

Are the Venus blades for your legs.....:p

stsinner
03-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Are the Venus blades for your legs.....:p

Did I mention the French Fork on the ball bag? :D Extraordinarily smooth....

Actually, I hook my wife up, too!! What is that-about $10 a rack for those Mach III blades?

Bubba Dawg
03-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Did I mention the French Fork on the ball bag? :D Extraordinarily smooth....

Actually, I hook my wife up, too!! What is that-about $10 a rack for those Mach III blades?

They are high dollar but they give a good shave.

All I shave is my neck and chin whiskers but but the Mach III's are good. Heck, I remember when Mach II came out.

Rockntractor
03-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Redheads are always horny!

BadCat
03-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Redheads are always horny!

That is why I married one.

stsinner
03-12-2010, 08:48 PM

Dammit, boys!! I have a 4 year old red head......

Rockntractor
03-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Before I married a blond I almost always dated redheads, you never went to sleep sad!

Rockntractor
03-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Dammit, boys!! I have a 4 year old red head......

You will have to lock her up at sixteen.

stsinner
03-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Before I married a blond I almost always dated redheads, you never went to sleep sad!

The last thing I want to think about is my daughter never sending men to sleep sad...

Gingersnap
03-12-2010, 08:52 PM

Absolutely. Hiring pimply teenage boys to roll sod is..........really cheap where I live. :D

stsinner
03-12-2010, 08:52 PM
You will have to lock her up at sixteen.

Come on, man....
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/brassmonkey71/ChristmasPictures09033-1.jpg

Rockntractor
03-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Come on, man....
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/brassmonkey71/ChristmasPictures09033-1.jpg
She is a cutie. :D

Bubba Dawg
03-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Come on, man....

Nice photo, Noble Mon. :)

Bubba Dawg
03-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Absolutely. Hiring pimply teenage boys to roll sod is..........really cheap where I live. :D

And you're an earthy sort....:D

PoliCon
03-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Sometimes I'm clean shaven - sometimes it's a full beard, sometimes it's just a vandyke . . . . SOME of us have faces that are purdy enough to look good both with and without facial hair unlike some bad kitties. :p Should I mention that I'm a barbarosa?

Gingersnap
03-12-2010, 10:10 PM
And you're an earthy sort....:D

Let's just say that I'm a natural red head and I have a checkbook.

stsinner
03-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Nice photo, Noble Mon. :)

That's my baby-girl, Abby, and it's too bad you can't see ferocity of temper and 16" biceps in that picture... I'd protect that sweet little girl with my life, and that's no exaggeration.... I hate to think of the punks that will come a-callin' when she' 15 and on.... We'll have to have a serious talk... I'm not sure they'll think dating her is worth it......

Articulate_Ape
03-12-2010, 10:20 PM
We're going to start a betting pool.

My bet is that your "wife's" name is Bruce.

My bet is that your wife's curtains and carpet don't match. Not that I'd know, but I heard, ya know?

Gingersnap
03-12-2010, 10:25 PM
My bet is that you guys both need to go kill spiders for your wives or something. :D

Articulate_Ape
03-12-2010, 10:26 PM
That is a great pic, stsinner! We have our own EBM in my opinion. Nice.

stsinner
03-12-2010, 10:26 PM
That is a great pic, stsinner! We have our own EBM in my opinion. Nice.

Oh, the video would be much more colorful.. Lots more reds..... LOL...

CaughtintheMiddle1990
03-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Come on, man....

Adorable kid, stsinner!
To add to my own topic, I have mid ear length sideburns and a small, trimmed mustache--essentially the ''Zorro'' look. When I grow out my beard fully or a goatee the hairs on my chin come out the same color as your daughter's hair! So thus with my black hair and mustache it wouldn't look so good lol.

Kay
03-12-2010, 11:37 PM
I like my men hairy - in particular those without a hairy chest need not apply.
Few things are more ghey than a freshly waxed man chest.
But head hair must be short.

I love the Sonny Crockett look with that stubbly few days growth, but only men
that have dark hair. Blonde guys don't usually look good with stubble.

This is the ultimate:

http://www.weeblesue.com/susan/seanconnery.jpg

Rockntractor
03-12-2010, 11:41 PM
I like my men hairy - in particular those without a hairy chest need not apply.
Few things are more ghey than a freshly waxed man chest.
But head hair must be short.

I love the Sonny Crockett look with that stubbly few days growth, but only men
that have dark hair. Blonde guys don't usually look good with stubble.

This is the ultimate:

http://www.weeblesue.com/susan/seanconnery.jpg

I guess you would like me, I'm a big bottle washer!:D

Articulate_Ape
03-13-2010, 01:03 AM
Clearly Kay is still hunting for some Red October.

Kay
03-13-2010, 01:29 AM
One ping....and one ping only. ;)

Articulate_Ape
03-13-2010, 01:32 AM
One ping....and one ping only. ;)

HAHAHAHAHA! :D

BadCat
03-13-2010, 10:48 AM
My bet is that your wife's curtains and carpet don't match. Not that I'd know, but I heard, ya know?

My bet is that you've never seen a carpet in your whole life, faggot.

Bruce must wax himself.

Sonnabend
03-13-2010, 10:55 AM
I see she gets her good looks from her mother...Stsinner...take some advice.

Buy a shotgun.

NOW.

:p:p:p

Constitutionally Speaking
03-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Clean shaven - except on some weekends and when I go camping/hunting/fishing.

Constitutionally Speaking
03-13-2010, 11:39 AM
That's my baby-girl, Abby, and it's too bad you can't see ferocity of temper and 16" biceps in that picture... I'd protect that sweet little girl with my life, and that's no exaggeration.... I hate to think of the punks that will come a-callin' when she' 15 and on.... We'll have to have a serious talk... I'm not sure they'll think dating her is worth it......

Best discussion method I ever heard on the topic is from Bill Engvall - it was something similar to this:

You see - thatís my only daughter right there and she is precious to me. So if youíve got any ideas about making out or hooking up or whatever you call it these days. I just want you to know I have no problem going back to prison.

Articulate_Ape
03-13-2010, 12:13 PM
My bet is that you've never seen a carpet in your whole life, faggot.

Bruce must wax himself.

You aren't very good at this, are you?

BadCat
03-13-2010, 01:12 PM
You aren't very good at this, are you?

You're not very good at ANYTHING, are you? Faggot.

Articulate_Ape
03-13-2010, 01:19 PM
You're not very good at ANYTHING, are you? Faggot.

What's your next strategy, giving me a noogie?