PDA

View Full Version : Disney rejects nondiscrimination proposal (Ex-Gays)

Gingersnap
03-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Disney rejects nondiscrimination proposal
Spokesman says ex-'gays' are 'nuance' that can't be accommodated

Posted: March 10, 2010
10:27 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
2010 WorldNetDaily

Shareholders of the Walt Disney Co. have refused to adopt a proposed nondiscrimination resolution at their annual meeting, with one company spokesman offering the concern that providing the same protection to ex-"gays" as the company does to homosexuals would be a "nuance" that could not be accommodated.

WND reported earlier on the proposal, and today Greg Quinlan, a board member for "Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays," presented it to shareholders of the Mouse company.

Quinlan asked for support for Resolution No. 2, which explicitly prohibits discrimination based on ex-"gay" status in Disney's sexual orientation policy and diversity training for workers.

A former homosexual, Quinlan explained that every year men and women with unwanted same-sex attractions make the personal decision to leave the lifestyle.

"However, there are others in society who refuse to respect individual self-determination," he said. "Consequently, ex-gays like me are ridiculed and discriminated against simply because we dare to exist."

Interesting.

WND (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=127594)

Apocalypse
03-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Disney... liberal theme park central....

ex-"Gay"? another-words... straight...

You know I want to be in a special interest minority group that every one must bend over backwards to kiss my ass.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
03-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Uncle Walt is rolling in his grave.

wilbur
03-12-2010, 05:36 PM
A not all together un-clever ploy here... but an obvious attempt to make homosexuals out as hypocrites, and perhaps even coax them into using the same sorts of bad arguments that anti-gays use ("Its a choice!"). Then of course, the ensuing media blitz and deluge of scathing, self-righteous, spittle-flecked rants from the moral majority press will be on about how intolerant all those people who demand tolerance are, etc etc. I don't know if "interesting" is the word I'd use to describe it. I'd probably say something more like "a new low"...

The obvious failing points are that "ex-gay therapy" is a sham on par with scientology audit sessions, and that if you truly are "ex-gay", it means you are straight. So you're covered anyways.

Not a big fan of Disney, but they took the reasonable route here by telling these idiots to get lost.

Constitutionally Speaking
03-12-2010, 08:36 PM
You speak as if they are NOT hypocrites!

Rockntractor
03-12-2010, 08:45 PM
A not all together un-clever ploy here... but an obvious attempt to make homosexuals out as hypocrites, and perhaps even coax them into using the same sorts of bad arguments that anti-gays use ("Its a choice!"). Then of course, the ensuing media blitz and deluge of scathing, self-righteous, spittle-flecked rants from the moral majority press will be on about how intolerant all those people who demand tolerance are, etc etc. I don't know if "interesting" is the word I'd use to describe it. I'd probably say something more like "a new low"...

The obvious failing points are that "ex-gay therapy" is a sham on par with scientology audit sessions, and that if you truly are "ex-gay", it means you are straight. So you're covered anyways.

Not a big fan of Disney, but they took the reasonable route here by telling these idiots to get lost.
Anti-gay? Don't you mean Butthole deniers?:confused:

Gingersnap
03-12-2010, 08:59 PM

LOL! I've known many women who have had sexual/romantic relationships spanning years. Now, they are married, reproductive, and really hoping that their college years are buried. ;)

stsinner
03-12-2010, 09:02 PM
If they deny gas and ex-gays, I'm all for it, because just to have once called yourself gay demonstrates mental illness, and we don't need the retarded interacting with our children...

fettpett
03-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Uncle Walt is rolling in his grave.

He's been rolling around in that grave for a LOOONNNGG time

and by ex-gay they are those that were gay, living in a gay lifestyle and went straight for some other reason..