PDA

View Full Version : Was Bush II thin-skinned, or just not smart?

Carol
03-12-2010, 02:17 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7901321)

DU's motives are so transparent. When they figure they have to do this you know conservatives are winning.

raccoon Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Original message
Was Bush II thin-skinned, or just not smart?

I can see how his audiences were carefully screened because he wasn't too smart.

I've always thought he was thin-skinned too--too much so for politics. But I might have gotten that idea from the way Republicans/conservatives were so defensive about him.
I don't ever remember them saying that President Bush was "thin-skinned". Yes that he was "dumb" and yes that he got "mad" But not "thin-skinned".

At least not until it has been pointed out numerous times that Obama is thin skinned and cannot let a criticism of him or his policies go by with out squawking

SteppingRazor Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Response to Original message
2. I think he was as thin-skinned as any egotistical moron put in a position he couldn't handle. n/t

ThomWV Donating Member (1000+ posts)
3. Apparently he had a very nasty and long lived temper

reports are he was very intolerant of criticism of himself..
Just more BDS and a need to be able to say "Bush was like that too", "Bush did that too, he was even worse". DUers are really quite pathetic.

(If any CUer
s are DU moles please exclude yourself from those who are "pathetic".):D

Constitutionally Speaking
03-12-2010, 07:16 PM
If anything, Bush NEVER defended himself - and has ALWAYS been VERY gracious to his political opponents.

NJCardFan
03-12-2010, 11:56 PM
If they want thin skinned, perhaps they should take a gander at the current White House occupant.

enslaved1
03-13-2010, 09:09 AM
SteppingRazor Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Response to Original message
2. I think he was as thin-skinned as any egotistical moron put in a position he couldn't handle. n/t

Let's see what does that remind us of? Pearls of wisdom like "I won the election" and "The campaign's over, McCain." Yup, thin skin on an egotistical moron put in a position he couldn't handle.

SarasotaRepub
03-13-2010, 11:17 AM
If anything, Bush NEVER defended himself - and has ALWAYS been VERY gracious to his political opponents.

Exactly, the current POTUS can't stand being questioned and for sure fits the "Thin Skinned" stereotype.

NJCardFan
03-13-2010, 11:54 AM
In actuality, Bush seemed to laugh at himself.

movie buff
03-15-2010, 10:13 AM

Indeed.
The closest thing to defending himself Bush did was in the summer of 2004, when the White House gave a statement basically saying (And rightly so) that the allegations Michael Moore made in the then- recently- released 'Fahrenheit 9/11' were all a crock.

asdf2231
03-15-2010, 10:31 AM
If they want thin skinned, perhaps they should take a gander at the current White House occupant.

Exactly, the current POTUS can't stand being questioned and for sure fits the "Thin Skinned" stereotype.

"Thin SKINNED"

Is that a euphimism for something... Raaaaaaacist?

:D