PDA

View Full Version : "Old Joe LIberman Is Going To Pull A New 'Zell Miller '!

megimoo
08-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Lieberman Sounds Like He will Speak at Republican Convention

Former Democratic vice-presidential candidate Sen. Joe Lieberman, ID-Conn., cautioned Sunday that a decision has not been made on whether he will speak at the Republican national convention in support of Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., but strongly insinuated that he will in fact do so.
Lieberman, now an independent senator who caucuses with the Democrats, has been a vocal supporter of McCain for president and he may speak on his behalf at the Republican convention in Minneapolis later this summer.
"That decision hasn't been made," Lieberman said on NBC's "Meet the Press". "If John McCain feels that I can help his candidacy, which I think it's so important to elect him our next president, I will do it."
Lieberman's comments echo what he has said recently about the convention, but the senator then strongly implied that he will appear at the GOP gathering.

"I'm not going to go to that convention, the Republican convention, and spend my time attacking Barack Obama. I'm going to go there really talking about why I support John McCain and why I hope a lot of other independents and Democrats will do that and frankly, I'm going to go to a partisan convention and tell them, if I go, why it's so important that we start to act like Americans and not as partisan mud-slingers."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/08/lieberman-sound.html