PDA

View Full Version : Gibbs: By next Sunday, Healthcare Reform Will Be 'Law of The Land'

megimoo
03-14-2010, 12:14 PM
White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said the healthcare bill will pass by next weekend."We'll have the votes when the House votes, I think, within the next week," Gibbs said on "Fox News Sunday."

Gibbs added that those on next week's Sunday talk shows "will be talking about healthcare not as a presidential proposal but I think as the law of the land."

President Barack Obama will look to campaign on the new healthcare law in midterm elections, Gibbs said."We believe healthcare reform is going to pass, and once it passes we're happy to have the 2010 elections be about the achievement of healthcare reform," Gibbs said.

But Republicans on Fox said there's no guarantee the bill passes and that Democrats will benefit from it."If they pass this thing, I think they lose the House of Representatives this fall," said former Bush White House adviser Karl Rove.If Democrats do pass it, "then the American people will be the losers," said House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.).

"This is a trillion-dollar-bill attempting to overhaul healthcare for every single American," Cantor added.Cantor also criticized Democrats for talking about "bending the rules" by holding a single House vote that allows passage of both the bill passed by the Senate and a package of fixes.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/86623-gibbs-by-next-sunday-healthcare-will-be-law-of-the-land

fettpett
03-14-2010, 12:16 PM
I say bullshit, there will be so many lawsuits this administration will have it's head spining till 2040 elections

lacarnut
03-14-2010, 12:25 PM
I say bullshit, there will be so many lawsuits this administration will have it's head spining till 2040 elections

If it passes, it would not surprise me that the bill will be a dark deep secret under lock and key with Repubs and the public not being able to see it . That way, lawsuits would be difficult not knowing what's in this monstrosity.

namvet
03-14-2010, 12:56 PM
and after Nov Gibbs will be serving fat burgers at McDonalds :D

linda22003
03-14-2010, 01:01 PM
If it passes, it would not surprise me that the bill will be a dark deep secret under lock and key with Repubs and the public not being able to see it . That way, lawsuits would be difficult not knowing what's in this monstrosity.

Uh, no. Once bills are passed into law they are signed by the president. At that point they're called Public Laws and are published in the United States Code.

lacarnut
03-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Uh, no. Once bills are passed into law they are signed by the president. At that point they're called Public Laws and are published in the United States Code.

I know but those Democrats would love to hide it until after the Nov elections.

linda22003
03-14-2010, 01:21 PM
I agree they likely would, but it's not possible. What they're counting on is that people will have forgotten all about it by then, and with the attention span of many of the American people, it might not be a bad bet. :rolleyes:

lacarnut
03-14-2010, 01:49 PM
I agree they likely would, but it's not possible. What they're counting on is that people will have forgotten all about it by then, and with the attention span of many of the American people, it might not be a bad bet. :rolleyes:

I don't think that people will forget about it. However, you are correct about the attention span of many Americans. I think this is a totally different ball game with high unemployment, out of control spending, deficits going thru the roof, people worried about losing their jobs, etc. This will just be one more stake driven into the heart of the Democratic party.

Articulate_Ape
03-14-2010, 01:49 PM
and after Nov Gibbs will be serving fat burgers at McDonalds :D

Hahaha! The truth is, he should be already. The man is a dunce.

namvet
03-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Hahaha! The truth is, he should be already. The man is a dunce.

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2010/02/09/image6190873x.jpg

you can see his personal menu

Chuck58
03-14-2010, 02:14 PM
If it passes, I think (hope) we start seeing attempts to have it repealed, maybe from the State level. Or, other States will opt out, as Virginia is doing. I think there comes a point that the States must start standing up for their people against this bunch of arrogant, overbearing thieves in DC.

I don't know the legalities of such moves by the States, and I don't care. If a dozen, or two dozen States confront the Feds and refuse to obey and allow their citizens to be coerced and threatened, something has to break.

If it breaks in our favor, we win and Washington diminishes. If Washington wins, then we know it's time to take a more deliberate and confrontational step toward regaining our freedom.

What concerns me is, on several occasions I've seen Republican Congressbeings interviewed. In every single case that they've been asked if obamacare passes and they regain the majority will they work to repeal it, not one has come out and said "Yes." All beat around the bush without directly answering.

megimoo
03-14-2010, 02:43 PM
I don't think that people will forget about it. However, you are correct about the attention span of many Americans. I think this is a totally different ball game with high unemployment, out of control spending, deficits going thru the roof, people worried about losing their jobs, etc. This will just be one more stake driven into the heart of the Democratic party.

They would have an emergency appeal to the Supreme Court on the the vote or lack of vote and stall the bill .Either way it will never become law and the liberals would be in fury .One thing for sure the Democrats would suffer at the next election .

Chuck58
03-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Seems there could be a Supreme Court challenge anyway, if it passes.

Can you legally be forced to have health insurance just because an out of control Congress feels you need it whether you realize it or not?

namvet
03-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Seems there could be a Supreme Court challenge anyway, if it passes.

Can you legally be forced to have health insurance just because an out of control Congress feels you need it whether you realize it or not?

IF we can delay it till Nov their gone anyway and when they leave we can say "you forgot something"

Swampfox
03-14-2010, 07:32 PM
They got the votes. They don't got the votes. They might get the votes. This guy might vote. This guy will vote if Pelosi buys him a car. This guy might vote if his brother gets nominated as a judge. This guy would vote, but he doesn't know where to vote. This guy will vote if Rahm Emmanuel does a little dance in a tutu. They don't got the votes. They have the votes. Might have the votes. Blah, blah, blah.

I think my head is going to explode from this garbage.

namvet
03-14-2010, 07:41 PM
They got the votes. They don't got the votes. They might get the votes. This guy might vote. This guy will vote if Pelosi buys him a car. This guy might vote if his brother gets nominated as a judge. This guy would vote, but he doesn't know where to vote. This guy will vote if Rahm Emmanuel does a little dance in a tutu. They don't got the votes. They have the votes. Might have the votes. Blah, blah, blah.

shit gets old

megimoo
03-14-2010, 07:57 PM
They got the votes. They don't got the votes. They might get the votes. This guy might vote. This guy will vote if Pelosi buys him a car. This guy might vote if his brother gets nominated as a judge. This guy would vote, but he doesn't know how to vote. They don't got the votes. They have the votes. Might have the votes. Blah, blah, blah.

Simple solution: Always remember Pelosi is the most hated speaker ever in the House.They all despise her and she is full of Sh*t in most of her frequent news briefs.She jumps to a microphone and blurts her wishful thinking at every opportunity.

She told O'Bummer/Gibbs that the bill would pass this week when they haven't even scheduled a vote and everyone knows that they don't have enough support to pass this pig .She lives in a Liberal wonderland with Alice and the Hatter !

She threatens them with loss of their petty positions if they don't vote her way.She runs the house as a private venture and everyone refuses to support any of her measures so she has Hoyer 'Ram Rod' everything through.After awhile the House members learn to avoid her as much as possible.

They will try the Slaughter ploy and it will go down in flames,Gibbs will end up with egg on his face and O'Bummer will rant and rave.

If we can survive these critters for three more years it will be a wonder but I feel that we are in for a major catastrophe somewhere in the world before the end,maybe in the Mideast with Israel/Iran or an India/Pakistan war.

namvet
03-14-2010, 08:04 PM
now we see what a soccer mom can really do in politics

Swampfox
03-14-2010, 08:10 PM
shit gets old

Yeah, they seriously need to kill this stupid bill already. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

namvet
03-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah, they seriously need to kill this stupid bill already. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

right now they're like the enemy fighting to defend their boarders. problems is they've already lost

ralph wiggum
03-15-2010, 10:57 AM
President Barack Obama will look to campaign on the new healthcare law in midterm elections, Gibbs said."We believe healthcare reform is going to pass, and once it passes we're happy to have the 2010 elections be about the achievement of healthcare reform," Gibbs said.

Good luck with that tactic. :rolleyes:

namvet
03-15-2010, 10:59 AM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/bullshit_detector4.gif