PDA

View Full Version : The House Health-Care Vote and the Constitution

megimoo
03-15-2010, 07:41 AM
No bill can become law unless the exact same text is approved by a majority of both houses of Congress.

Democratic congressional leaders have floated a plan to enact health-care reform by a procedure dubbed "the Slaughter solution." It is named not for the political carnage that it might inflict on their members, but for Rep. Louise Slaughter (D., N.Y.), chair of the powerful House Rules Committee, who proposed it. Under her proposal, Democrats would pass a rule that deems the Senate's health-care bill to have passed the House, without the House actually voting on the bill. This would enable Congress to vote on legislation that fixes flaws in the Senate health-care bill without facing a Senate filibuster, and without requiring House members to vote in favor of a Senate bill that is now politically toxic.

The Slaughter solution cannot be squared with Article I, Section 7 of the Constitution.

Senate rules protect against majoritarian overreach by allowing a determined minority to filibuster most types of legislation. The majority needs 60 votes to override a filibuster. One exception, adopted in 1974, is legislation that makes adjustments to spending or revenues to reconcile current law to a budget resolution that has passed Congress. These are called reconciliation bills, and they require only a majority vote.

Last Christmas Eve, the Senate approved a health-care bill by 60 votes, overcoming a Republican filibuster. This is the bill that contains the so-called Cornhusker kickback..

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704416904575121532877077328.html?m od=WSJ_Opinion_LE

megimoo
03-15-2010, 07:49 AM
If They Destroy The Constitution This Week

We all know what is going on. Will they destroy the Constitution this week via the ĎSlaughter Solutioní which completely 100% destroys our Constitution and leaves us open to total dictatorship? Well if so then who is with me?

Not saying anything specific or crazy. But they are ending our freedom, perhaps we need to really prepare for the endgame of the American Republic.

* For those of you who know not what we are speaking of see Dictatorship by Pelosi, Reid and Obama? and be sure to listen to Mark Levinís audio on the YouTube video on that page.

Understand what is taking place. If it does take place I think weíve all talked enough on what is going on. I think at this point after they do this we no longer have any doubts as to what is about to happen.

Not that Iím advocating anything violent. Not me, I would never advocate any such thing. It is time though for as many Patriots as possible to sacrifice their jobs and now speak, write and organize full time as I do. Dictatorship is at our door. It seems only a question of what month or year it begins if we are lucky to last that long. Once the Constitution is trashed the only way back to freedom is you and me. Donít rely on others. It is just you and me.

Listen to my little podcast above right. Enough already as I am telling the truth and we all know it. Please if you can find anything I say in it incorrect. Please tell me so it puts my mind at ease.

If they shove ObamaCare down our throats I would estimate we will have less than a year left of freedom at most. Please God let me be wrong. Let this all pass us by and the Slaughter Solution doesnít happen. Please let this be just one long nightmare that has kept me from sleeping well for months. A Marxist nightmare that has brought me to tears every time we hear of yet another move by Pelosi and Reid and Obama. Each time I see children singing the praises of our Dear Leader Iím literally crying, knowing this is how it was in the past when other tyrannical governments came to power. ( see video below)

As the method in which they will do this is 100% un-Constitutional and a total violation of our laws and can only serve as precedent to pass more dictates without a vote. They are picking up steam now and pressing harder and harder.

This is the end of the Republic

I will not stand still and watch my 5 year old son grow up in a Marxist Dictatorship. We are what Ö months away, or perhaps a year?

If we are lucky Obama is shocked by a massive out pouring of people in Tea Party meetings all over America.

http://www.usofearth.com/tp/?p=166

NJCardFan
03-15-2010, 09:15 AM
The author of that article is mistakenly thinking that the Democrats, or Republicans for that matter, give 2 flips about the Constitution.

rzoo4u2c
03-15-2010, 10:40 AM
I say let'em try. The Supreme court would NOT go there and if they (congress) thought it would fly it would have been a done deal. Scare tactics. If they do pass it by getting the votes, there won't be democrats in power for years to come!

Swampfox
03-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Bicameralism is one of the few areas where the Supreme Court is consistently stringent in its adherence to the Constitution. Two houses have to vote on the same bill and the President has to sign it into law. Any deviation from that and it's usually held unconstitutional.

If you need an example, look at why the line item veto was declared unconstitutional. It gave the President authority to strike out provisions of the law AFTER he signed it into law. This effectively gave the President the authority to amend a law WITHOUT both houses voting on the amendment. That offended bicameralism and was declared unconstitutional.