PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Wipes Out Bad Book Reviews On Pelosi's Book

megimoo
08-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Pelosi Scrubs Bad Book Reviews at Amazon

"The Freepers have been doing a number on Old Fancy Nancy.They have filed thousands of reviews without even reading the book ! Next an automatic program review generator to completely bury the book !"

Pelosi adheres to her illiberal fascism in every aspect of her life. It seems she wields her totalitarian "fairness doctrine" far and wide. Lone Pony is reporting that she is scrubbing Amazon of bad reviews - were there any other kind? Nancy Pelosi had over 100 BAD reviews of her failed book disappear from Amazon's site yesterday! Ironically, the name of the book, "Know your Power" ... appropriate and is eerily Chavez-like. She must have been inspired by Obama's meticulous scrubbing of his website, the surge, and google's removal of images of his birth certificate. Boy, they sure can clean... snip

Comments :
You can't change the sales rank: Now #1,185 in Books.
Her old book has only 2 stars with 8 reviews.
Anyone know how her book signing in Philadelphia went? I think that's why she had to turn out the lights and leave D.C. so quickly the other day. She had all those people waiting to buy an autographed copy of her new book.
BTW - The Obama Nation is #5 [4 stars]. The Case Against Barak Obama is #12 [no ratings yet], and Fleeced (Dick Morris book) is #17 [3-1/2 stars].

LibraryLady
08-03-2008, 10:15 PM
I have no problem with them erasing fake reviews. When DUers tore up Mary Cheney's book, I reported on them too.

Pelosi to speak about book at Free Library

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) will visit the Free Library of Philadelphia's Central Library Tuesday evening to discuss her new book, Your Power: A Message to America's Daughters.

General admission to the event is $12.

LibraryLady
08-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Now DU is going after Corsi.
I wish Amazon would only let people who actually purchase the book write a review.

CatWoman Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6582170)
Tags on Corsi's book: "Obamanation"

propaganda (32)
lies (29)
typical republican smear campaign (22)
racism (21)
idiocy (20)
wingnut welfare (20)
corsi needs a corset (7)

and lots, lots more :rofl:

http://www.amazon.com/Obama-Nation-Jerome-R-Corsi/dp/ta...

megimoo
08-03-2008, 10:50 PM
"Idiot Freepers and Matt Drudge" cause for poor sales of Pelosi book at amazon.com

(and encourage you to post your review of her book) on www. Amazon.com customer comment section.

"If you are wondering why this book has a 1-star rating, it is because of FReeRepublic.com and Drudgereport.com are having their right wing minions bomb the site by giving 1-star reviews without even reading the book! "

Well fellow Freepers, I have finally been caught. After reading a few insipid chapters at the library, I posted a well-deserved 1-star rating. Pelosi's whole book can be summed up in: "me me me me me me, look what I did, it's Bush's fault, and Capitalism sucks!".

Anyways, I thought I would confess my "thought crime" (and encourage you to post your review of her book) on www. Amazon.com customer comment section.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2054971/posts

Check the boxes next to the tags you consider relevant or enter your own tags in the field below.

waste of a tree (127)
horse manure (99)
expensive toilet paper (97)
communist (83)
boring (76)
hypocrite (66)
hypocrisy (59)
compost heap (53)
9 percent club

LibraryLady
08-03-2008, 11:04 PM
I see FR is as immature as DU.

jinxmchue
08-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Check out what's happening to the "Expelled" DVD on Amazon. PZ Myers told his pzombies to post negative reviews and they did. It went from a couple of negative reviews to several dozen literally overnight.

http://www.amazon.com/Expelled-Intelligence-Allowed-Ben-Stein/dp/B001BYLFFS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1217821217&sr=8-1

The DUmp monkeys undoubtedly would cheer that.

marinejcksn
08-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Doesn't suprise me. Amazon is filled with people who post bias without reading the book. Look at the taglines to Jonah Goldberg's "Liberal Fascism". The book is an amazing true look at the Left's hidden history and the Daily Schmoe crowd slammed it as "lies". :rolleyes:

Then again, we must never stoop to their level. True conservatives who have honest conviction must never act like they act. I call you all to maintain our dignity and pride, and to not play into the "Left" vs. "Right" childish game they've created.:cool:

Cold Warrior
08-04-2008, 05:55 AM
Doesn't suprise me. Amazon is filled with people who post bias without reading the book. Look at the taglines to Jonah Goldberg's "Liberal Fascism". The book is an amazing true look at the Left's hidden history and the Daily Schmoe crowd slammed it as "lies". :rolleyes:

Then again, we must never stoop to their level. True conservatives who have honest conviction must never act like they act. I call you all to maintain our dignity and pride, and to not play into the "Left" vs. "Right" childish game they've created.:cool:

Ah, I see you never knew MrBackoftheBus here (he was before your time). His motto, which he actually stated to a poster once, was (paraphrasing) "when conservatives do something, we're smart; when liberals do the same thing, they're stupid."

marinejcksn
08-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Ah, I see you never knew MrBackoftheBus here (he was before your time). His motto, which he actually stated to a poster once, was (paraphrasing) "when conservatives do something, we're smart; when liberals do the same thing, they're stupid."

That's one of the most moronic quotes I've ever heard. Was that guy serious?
To confer that Conservatives are ALWAYS right and Liberals are ALWAYS wrong is the entirely wrong way to argue, it makes us sound childish and ignorant, something elites have been trying to do for years. The main arguement by the Left is that "higher learning" produces enlightened, Progressive individuals while we Conservatives don't educate ourselves and cling to our outdated items like religion, guns and tradition. We need to end this stereotype by proving ourselves and arguing our points wisely, thus beating them at their own game.

Cold Warrior
08-04-2008, 06:43 AM
That's one of the most moronic quotes I've ever heard. Was that guy serious?
To confer that Conservatives are ALWAYS right and Liberals are ALWAYS wrong is the entirely wrong way to argue, it makes us sound childish and ignorant, something elites have been trying to do for years. The main arguement by the Left is that "higher learning" produces enlightened, Progressive individuals while we Conservatives don't educate ourselves and cling to our outdated items like religion, guns and tradition. We need to end this stereotype by proving ourselves and arguing our points wisely, thus beating them at their own game.

He was (and still is) completely serious regarding that. It expresses one of the core foundations of his philosophy, i.e., that conservatives, by their very nature, are "good" (while liberals are "bad") and, therefore, when conservatives do something or react in some way, even if it's identical to a liberal action/reaction, that is, by definition, "good." Needless to say, it's difficult to hold discussions with people who believe in that manner.

Space Gravy
08-04-2008, 09:00 AM
I'm not surprised they'd erase bad reviews.......after all, they are there to sell books.