PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi: 'I Have No Intention Of Not Passing This Bill'

megimoo
03-15-2010, 04:09 PM
"IF YOU STUFF THIS DOWN OUR THROATS WE'LL STUFF IT ... COME NOVEMBER !:D

At a roundtable meeting with several health care reporters and bloggers this morning, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi once again predicted final passage of a far-reaching heath care bill by week's end--but she insisted that success will only be possible if she acts quickly, even if that means members and reformers will have to abandon some of their key priorities, and trust the Senate to pass an amending bill through the reconciliation process.

"I have no intention of not passing this bill," Pelosi said in response to a question from TPMDC. "Let me say it in a positive way: I have faith in my members that we will be passing this legislation."

Pelosi explained away a statement by her Whip, James Clyburn, that the votes aren't there "yet," by noting that the bill is still not yet complete. But getting a majority won't be easy. No vote is easy, Pelosi said, and she'll need members to focus on the big picture--insurance for 31 million people--without getting distracted by the demise of the public option, or the fact that the Senate may not be able to deliver what they say they can in reconciliation, in order to get it done.

"Time is important for us here, because this city is the city of the perishable and every special interest group out there who doesn't want this to pass--including the entire Republican party--benefits from any delay," Pelosi told those in attendance. "Delay is our enemy."

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/03/pelosi-i-have-no-intention-of-not-passing-this-bill.php

Articulate_Ape
03-15-2010, 04:33 PM
That woman is so stupid it makes my teeth hurt.

Megaguns91
03-15-2010, 04:59 PM
That woman is so stupid it makes my teeth hurt.

Like wonka said: "Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker."

fettpett
03-15-2010, 05:35 PM
………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,
…………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,
………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,
……,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\
….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\
…..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,
…...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(¯`*,`,
…….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;..)
……..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../
……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\
……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*...\
…….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………………)….)¯`~,
…….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)…`~-,
……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./…../..|……...¯```*~-
…...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………\
…….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*...,*…|…...\
……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-*`...,-*….(`-,…

Milly
03-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Like wonka said: "Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker."

Actually, he was quoting Ogden Nash - one of my all time favorites.

Articulate_Ape
03-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Actually, he was quoting Ogden Nash - one of my all time favorites.

Indeed, but I still don't get it.

Milly
03-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Indeed, but I still don't get it.

I agree. I mean I know what the quote means, but don't get how it pertains to this thread. Maybe I'm just slow tonight. :)

AmPat
03-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Pelosi: 'I Have No Intention Of Not Passing This Bill' Translation: We DIMoRATS are intent on governing against the wishes of the majority of Americans because we know what they want more than they do.:mad: