PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying your Obumble "tax cut"??

BadCat
03-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Recall the Dims and DUmmies rejoiced over the "tax cuts" Obumble and the Dims "gave" us last year?

Not actually a tax cut, but a change in the Federal withholding rates, it's now time to repay the piper.

For us, the effect of the Obumble "tax cut" is that we owe the IRS about $2000 more than we did last year.

Thanks a lot, Washington assholes.

Anybody else enjoying their "tax cuts"?

noonwitch
03-16-2010, 12:29 PM
I got about $1000 less back in my federal refund than last year, but I'm keeping more per paycheck. Plus, my mortgage company made a mistake that resulted in me paying slightly less in house payments last year, which also effects the amount of the refund.

lacarnut
03-16-2010, 12:46 PM
If not for the energy credit on windows and a deduction for sales taxes on a new car, I would have owed these blood suckers. Getting a little over a thousand bucks back. Having to pay income taxes on my retirement pension and SS pisses me off.

Speedy
03-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Drilling here went down dramtically as Barky and his administration are hostile to it. So alot of people have left Sonora. Of the 6 rent houses that I owned in 2008, I moved into one and four are now empty. Only one still has tenants. But the taxes on them have gone up. I was not getting a penny of the rent money. Instead I was letting my mom have all of the money from them. Luckily my dad had enough insurance to where she will not have a problem frugal as she is.

linda22003
03-16-2010, 04:53 PM
We owe more, but we anticipated it. We're getting a lot back from the state, so we're fine - only about $1000 out of pocket. I agree - those who thought they were getting a "gift" from Uncle Barack are in for a surprise. Hope they can all afford it as easily. :p

Rockntractor
03-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Well, are we mad now?