PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama threatens to withdraw support from wavering Democrats

Articulate_Ape
03-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Barack Obama has said he will not campaign for any Democratic congressmen who fails to support health care reform.

By Alex Spillius in Washington
Published: 6:44PM GMT 15 Mar 2010

The president will refuse to make fund-raising visits during November elections to any district whose representative has not backed the bill.

A one-night presidential appearance can bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars in funds which would otherwise take months to accumulate through cold-calling by campaign volunteers.

Mr Obama's threat came as the year-long debate over his signature domestic policy entered its final week.

Link (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/7450237/Barack-Obama-threatens-to-withdraw-support-from-wavering-Democrats.html)

Is this guy for real? I would say that any wavering Democrat is wavering because they know they will get their ass handed to them in November because of following Obama's HC agenda. What the hell makes Barry think that they would WANT him campaigning for them when he is the reason they are about to join the ranks of the unemployed. Hilarity.

Speedy
03-16-2010, 01:41 PM
The jugeared bastard does not have a clue!

Megaguns91
03-16-2010, 02:01 PM
My life gets better daily. My self satisfaction at the moronic efforts of this guy is through the roof. :p

Speedy
03-16-2010, 02:09 PM
My life gets better daily. My self satisfaction at the moronic efforts of this guy is through the roof. :p

I used to get really pissed off at his Idiotness, but now it is so funny to see him running around the country and seeming so obviously impotent.

AmPat
03-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Judging from his results over the last three, who want his support anyway?:rolleyes:

stsinner
03-16-2010, 02:15 PM
What kind of a piece of shit is he to threaten something like this? Isn't this the textbook definition of extortion? After his wonderful successes (not) getting people elected when he stumps for them, the Dems should be glad he's going to stay away from their districts.. That might just get some supporters to abandon the bill just to keep Barry away..

Speedy
03-16-2010, 02:18 PM
I remember back in 2004 when John Kerry, wasn't he in Vietnam or something? Anyway John Kerry had some campaign event and Bill Clinton, fresh from heart surgery and looking like hammered, warmed over shit, came to speak on his behalf. After the speeches, everyone and I mean EVERYONE lined up to shake Clinton's hand and Kerry had to approach people to have them even take notice. At his own campaign event.

It won't be long before Obama is just as shunned.

PoliCon
03-16-2010, 02:21 PM
OH NOES!11!1!! What ever will they do?

Swampfox
03-16-2010, 03:52 PM
If he really wanted to scare Congressmen into voting for this fetid bill, he should promise to tirelessly campaign on their behalf if they vote against it. :D

namvet
03-16-2010, 09:10 PM
I just luv watching them eat their young

fettpett
03-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Man, not even the Stand up is as funny as this shit...you can't script this kind of idioticy

Gingersnap
03-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Barack Obama threatens to withdraw support from wavering Democrats

Barack Obama has said he will not campaign for any Democratic congressmen who fails to support health care reform.

By Alex Spillius in Washington
Published: 6:44PM GMT 15 Mar 2010

Comments 237 | Comment on this article

The president will refuse to make fund-raising visits during November elections to any district whose representative has not backed the bill.

A one-night presidential appearance can bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars in funds which would otherwise take months to accumulate through cold-calling by campaign volunteers.

Mr Obama's threat came as the year-long debate over his signature domestic policy entered its final week.

Mr Obama is personally telephoning congressmen who are still on the fence this week, in between several personal appearances devoted toward swinging public opinion.

Yesterday he visited Strongsville, Ohio, home of cancer patient Natoma Canfield, who wrote to the president she gave up her health insurance after it rose to $8,500 (5,600) a year. Mr Obama repeatedly has cited the letter he received from the self-employed cleaning worker to illustrate the urgency of reform.

Though Congress has already ignored several deadlines set by the president, March 21 is being treated by all sides the final target date, at which time all options would have been exhausted. The president has postponed an overseas trip by three days to see reform through.

Apart from arm-twisting by the White House, an advertising blitz that could cost 20 million by the end of the week, about the same level of a presidential campaign, has been aimed at about 40 undecided Democrats in the House of Representatives.

Most are conservatives who are worried that their support would cost them their seat in November, as the bill has become unpopular with a majority of Americans.

Others are anti-abortion advocates concerned that the proposals would not do enough to prevent government funding of abortions.

I can't decide if this "punishment" is a threat, a 'feature', or a bonus. :p

Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/7450237/Barack-Obama-threatens-to-withdraw-support-from-wavering-Democrats.html)

AmPat
03-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Yesterday he visited Strongsville, Ohio, home of cancer patient Natoma Canfield, who wrote to the president she gave up her health insurance after it rose to $8,500 (5,600) a year. Mr Obama repeatedly has cited the letter he received from the self-employed cleaning worker to illustrate the urgency of reform.The CBO estimated earlier this year that OBlah Blah's mess (that "free" health care insurance) would be an estimated 12,000/ year. :rolleyes: Morons!

marv
03-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Natoma Canfield and the individual who shouted, "Vote for it.", were Democrat plants. That's been reported this morning.

But given hussein's campaign record for Democrats, even if I'd vote "yes", I'd threaten a "no" just to keep him away...:D

Articulate_Ape
03-17-2010, 12:29 PM
I can't decide if this "punishment" is a threat, a 'feature', or a bonus. :p
[/url]

We couldn't decide here (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=26381) either. :p

Gingersnap
03-17-2010, 12:32 PM
We couldn't decide here (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=26381) either. :p

Oops! My bad.

Articulate_Ape
03-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Oops! My bad.

I forgive you. I'm good that way.