PDA

View Full Version : Texting while Driving

namvet
03-16-2010, 06:07 PM
its an ad but graphic. just a second of distraction can lead to tragedy

R0LCmStIw9E

Gingersnap
03-16-2010, 07:49 PM
That's a good one. This isn't an issue for me (as a perpetrator) but it affects everybody.

Kay
03-16-2010, 08:38 PM
That's the most horrible thing I've ever seen! Every teenager ought to be strapped down with their eye lids pryed opened and have to watch that before being issued a driver's license. The baby in the backseat is what got me. Having been in a pretty good wreck myself in the past, that gave me chills. :(

Articulate_Ape
03-16-2010, 08:40 PM
That's the most horrible thing I've ever seen! Every teenager ought to be strapped down with their eye lids pryed opened and have to watch that before being issued a driver's license. The baby in the backseat is what got me. Having been in a pretty good wreck myself in the past, that gave me chills. :(

Who were you texting at the time?

Kay
03-16-2010, 09:06 PM
First of all, I hate texting....and secondly my young primate friend, this was back before cell phones. I wasn't at fault. Some old fart was sitting still stopped at a stop sign, then just as I came through going about 70 (this was a cross road on a major highway) he decided to take off and pull out right in front of me. Thank God for seatbelts and airbags. I wasn't hurt too bad, but my mother was with me in the passenger seat and had to have surgery on her arm with pins put in it for a wicked bad break. It was a horrible experience I sure would not want to ever relive again.

Articulate_Ape
03-16-2010, 09:22 PM
First of all, I hate texting....and secondly my young primate friend, this was back before cell phones. I wasn't at fault. Some old fart was sitting still stopped at a stop sign, then just as I came through going about 70 (this was a cross road on a major highway) he decided to take off and pull out right in front of me. Thank God for seatbelts and airbags. I wasn't hurt too bad, but my mother was with me in the passenger seat and had to have surgery on her arm with pins put in it for a wicked bad break. It was a horrible experience I sure would not want to ever relive again.

Damn. What happened to the old fart?

lacarnut
03-16-2010, 10:06 PM

Very true. Cell phone use should not be allowed while driving. Pull off the damn road and do your yakking there. I have been T-boned by someone on a cell phone who ran a stop sign. The back end of my sports car was demolished. Had neck and back injuries for a couple of months but it could have been a lot worse had I been hit flush with the door.

Kay
03-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Damn. What happened to the old fart?

Hurt one of his hands pretty bad, it needed lots of stitches. I always imagined that it probably flew up and through the windshield glass. He also had a good bump on the head, but he was ok. He was about 75 poor old guy. He said he never even saw me. They took all 3 of us by ambulance to the hospital and both vehicles were totalled, but thankfully we all lived to tell about it.

Articulate_Ape
03-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Old people should not be allowed to drive...wait.

NJCardFan
03-16-2010, 11:09 PM
People in this country have done a lot worse than texting while driving. But here's the thing. And Ape, being a fellow New Jersean can back me up on this, in NJ, there is a law that talking on a cell phone while driving is a primary offense. However, I know of no one who's been pulled over for talking on their cell phone. But I know plenty who've been pulled over and ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt. Now I ask you, which offense is more likely to hurt someone else besides the offender: talking on a cell phone or not wearing a seatbelt?

lacarnut
03-16-2010, 11:13 PM

Watch out cause you are going to get there one day Bub. Insurance rates go up at 74 so I think anyone past that age should have to take a road test in town and on the highway. Old farts that can not pass the highway test should have their Lic. restricted.

Rockntractor
03-16-2010, 11:26 PM
Everyone should be packaged in bubble wrap and stay home, that way no one will get hurt. the government can come around and feed us. That is all.

megimoo
03-16-2010, 11:33 PM
People in this country have done a lot worse than texting while driving. But here's the thing. And Ape, being a fellow New Jersean can back me up on this, in NJ, there is a law that talking on a cell phone while driving is a primary offense. However, I know of no one who's been pulled over for talking on their cell phone. But I know plenty who've been pulled over and ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt. Now I ask you, which offense is more likely to hurt someone else besides the offender: talking on a cell phone or not wearing a seatbelt?I like Gingers story of that woman who was running late,and razor shaving her cookie while driving to meet her new lover.Her ex husband with her took hold of the wheel so she could use both hands .She Ran into the back of a stopped truck,never did hear if she cut up her privates ?

Rockntractor
03-16-2010, 11:39 PM
I like Gingers story of that woman who was running late,and razor shaving her cookie while driving to meet her new lover.Her ex husband with her took hold of the wheel so she could use both hands .She Ran into the back of a stopped truck,never did hear if she cut up her privates ?

They were no longer private if she was shaving them in public.:confused:

megimoo
03-16-2010, 11:57 PM
They were no longer private if she was shaving them in public.:confused:Her ex knew all about her privates but The cops may have had a good look though ? She must have been a classy 'piece of work' pulling a stunt like that.It Sure sounds like her ex and she were about to pull some scam on her new lover rushing to clean her up like that !

Rockntractor
03-17-2010, 12:08 AM
Her ex knew all about her privates but The cops may have had a good look though ? She must have been a classy 'piece of work' pulling a stunt like that.It Sure sounds like her ex and she were about to pull some scam on her new lover rushing to clean her up like that !

If your trying to sell a house it is a good idea to trim the hedges and have the yard clean.

megimoo
03-17-2010, 12:52 AM
If your trying to sell a house it is a good idea to trim the hedges and have the yard clean.She must have been planing a 'test drive' for her new boyfriend with her 'ex' video taping the whole thing !

Articulate_Ape
03-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Watch out cause you are going to get there one day Bub. Insurance rates go up at 74 so I think anyone past that age should have to take a road test in town and on the highway. Old farts that can not pass the highway test should have their Lic. restricted.

I don't know about you, but I think that I should be the only person on Earth that is allowed to drive.

namvet
03-17-2010, 07:48 AM
I don't know about you, but I think that I should be the only person on Earth that is allowed to drive.

ok. i live in the midwest and have an appt at noon ... can you make it ?????

lacarnut
03-17-2010, 08:01 AM

I feel the same way and the speed limit should be set at 155mph cause that's as fast as my car will go.:)

noonwitch
03-17-2010, 08:03 AM

My grandpa scares the crap out of me, sometimes. I try to drive as much as possible when I'm visiting, but he likes his Lincoln and doesn't like to let women drive it. He only drives around the area he lives, when he goes out of town, my mom or uncle pick him up. Still-he's going to be 97 this summer. The state makes him take a road test every 4 years, and he always passes.

My paternal grandmother was a scary driver-my dad and uncle eventually had to take her license. Whereas my grandpa drives erratically and slow, she drove erratically and very fast. She would never tell us how long it took her to get from Dearborn HTs to Grand Rapids. My dad tricked her one time and asked her what time she left home, she said 10:00. It was 11:30. She made a 145-150 mile ride in an hour and a half. It takes me 2 hours and 15 minutes, give or take a few, and I'm driving 80 mph most of the way.