PDA

View Full Version : Dems' 'Deem' Scheme

megimoo
03-17-2010, 08:33 AM
"Nancy's afraid to call for a vote,dragging this pig out for as long as it takes !" :D

Nancy Pelosi is a coward, a bully and a hypocrite -- and Barack Obama is hiding behind her skirts. So what does that make him?

Pelosi obviously can't find enough votes in her own party for ObamaCare, so the House speaker is preparing to approve the president's health-care bill by legislative legerdemain -- that is, by not voting on it. And to hell with the Constitution.

Not to mention President Obama's long-abandoned vow that the health-care-reform process would be "completely open and transparent." Indeed, Pelosi has just the opposite in mind: She intends to employ an arcane bit of backroom.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editorials/dems_deem_scheme_9vWVumE2DayVRVoWpKnftI

AmPat
03-17-2010, 11:48 AM
I like what Rush said today. If this Deeming or "pretending" scheme works, the rest of us should deem our taxes to have been paid.

Articulate_Ape
03-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Levin's Landmark Legal Foundation to File Immediate Challenge if House Dems Try to Pass Health-Care Without Actually Voting on It (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/62939)

fettpett
03-17-2010, 05:10 PM
I was going to look for a link to Levin's possible lawsuit. Hopefully he doesn't have to use it and this shit doesn't get passed

Articulate_Ape
03-17-2010, 05:44 PM
I was going to look for a link to Levin's possible lawsuit. Hopefully he doesn't have to use it and this shit doesn't get passed

Indeed. Either way, I wonder how much of this we will see throughout the US before November:

Menendez recall petition effort can proceed, court rules

A state appellate court ruled Tuesday that the New Jersey secretary of state must accept a citizen petition to recall Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) submitted by a pair of conservative tea party groups, The Star-Ledger reports.

NJ Tea Parties United and the Sussex County Tea Party are seeking to force the Senator's removal because of his support of health-care reform and past votes to increase government spending. Secretary of State Nina Mitchell Wells last fall rejected a notice from the groups that they planned to begin an effort to recall Menendez. According to state law, the secretary of state must approve a notice before a recall committee can begin collecting signatures on a petition.

Today's ruling opens the door for the recall process to proceed.

After the notice is approved, the committee then must secure the signatures of 25 percent of registered voters of the affected district before a recall election can be held. There were 5.2 million registered voters in November, meaning the committee would have to secure 1.3 million signatures.

Menendez's lawyer had argued that voters do not have the right to recall a U.S. senator under federal law. If he survives the recall attempt, Menendez will come up for reelection in 2012.

Link (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/03/menendez-recall-can-proceed-co.html)