PDA

View Full Version : "Artist" Dressed Baby As Hitler.

Gingersnap
03-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Nina Maria Kleivan dressed up baby as Hitler, Stalin and Saddam as part of 'evil doers' photo essay

BY Bill Hutchinson
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 4:00 AM

http://i40.tinypic.com/hwlkqv.jpg
Artist Nina Maria Kleivan dressed her daughter as Baby Hitler as part of her photo essay on evil doers.

While most mothers dress their baby daughters in frilly dresses, a Danish-Norwegian artist dressed hers up as Baby Hitler.

Nina Maria Kleivan created a photo essay on evil doers, dolling her daughter up as despicable despots ranging from Adolf Hitler to Benito Mussolini.

"We all have evil within us. Even small children are evil towards each other," Kleivan told the Haaretz newspaper in Israel.

"Even my daughter could end up ruling Denmark with an iron fist," said Kleivan, whose daughter, Faustina, is now 11 years old.

The controversial photo-series, titled "Potency," has been exhibited in Denmark, Sweden, Italy and Germany.

Kleivan said the idea came to her over a decade ago while she was recovering from a tough pregnancy that left her in a wheelchair for four months.

Bored and unable to get to her studio, Kleivan began sewing little costumes of the most evil historical figures of the 20th century and photographing Faustina in them.

Well, that's understandable. I don't know how many times I've made Doc wear a Che t-shirt when I've been bored. :rolleyes:

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/03/17/2010-03-17_artist_nina_maria_kleivan_dresses_daughter_up_a s_baby_hitler_as_part_of_evil_doe.html#ixzz0iRogCC zZ

FlaGator
03-17-2010, 10:28 AM
The libs would have her up on child abuse charges but the Stalin outfit probably made them feel better about the whole thing.

linda22003
03-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Reminds me of a funny bit from an old "Everybody Loves Raymond". One of the (very young) twins draws a familiar mustache on his brother with a black marker, and grandpa asks at one point, "Hey, can Hitler have a juice box?" :)

PoliCon
03-20-2010, 10:36 PM
It's not even a good costume. :rolleyes: