PDA

View Full Version : Girl Scouts Distribute Planned Parenthood Sex Guide at UN Meeting

FlaGator
03-17-2010, 01:49 PM
You've come a long way baby :rolleyes:

The World Association of Girl Scouts and Girl Guides hosted a no-adults-welcome panel at the United Nations this week where Planned Parenthood was allowed to distribute a brochure entitled “Healthy, Happy and Hot.” (http://www.ippf.org/NR/rdonlyres/B4462DDE-487D-4194-B0E0-193A04095819/0/HappyHealthyHot.pdf) The event was part of the annual United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) which concludes this week

The brochure, aimed at young people living with HIV, contains explicit and graphic details on sex, as well as the promotion of casual sex in many forms. The brochure claims, “Many people think sex is just about vaginal or anal intercourse… But, there are lots of different ways to have sex and lots of different types of sex. There is no right or wrong way to have sex. Just have fun, explore and be yourself!” The brochure goes on to encourage young people to “Improve your sex life by getting to know your own body. Play with yourself! Masturbation is a great way to find out more about your body and what you find sexually stimulating. Mix things up by using different kinds of touch from very soft to hard. Talk about or act out your fantasies. Talk dirty to them.”

The brochure also tells students that national laws requiring HIV-positive people to reveal their status to their partner(s) “violate the rights of people living with HIV” and calls for advocacy to “change laws that violate your rights.” It explains, “There are many reasons that people do not share their HIV status. … They may worry that people will find out something else they have kept secret, like they are using injecting drugs, having sex outside of a marriage or having sex with people of the same gender.”

The Girl Scouts, along with the YWCA have been co-moderating a young women’s caucus that included an “Intergenerational Conversation” side event on “universal access” and “reproductive health.” One recent Girl Scout project “aims at securing the right of women, men and adolescents aged between ten and twenty-five, to better reproductive and sexual health.”

Story is here (http://www.c-fam.org/publications/id.1589/pub_detail.asp)

Megaguns91
03-17-2010, 02:13 PM
No more girl scout cookies for me. :eek:

fettpett
03-17-2010, 06:45 PM
No more girl scout cookies for me. :eek:

probably the same here... and i love Thin Mints :(:(:(

linda22003
03-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Get a grip. Keep some perspective. We're talking about Thin Mints.

noonwitch
03-18-2010, 09:56 AM
I have 7 and 10 year old neices who are both girl scouts, and their mother works for the YWCA. None of this is filtering down to the Brownie/Junior Scout level (elementary school). They are about selling cookies, learning flag etiquette, community service projects and going camping.

I don't have a problem with comprehensive sex education for high school kids, or for education about HIV, AIDS, STDs in general, and HPV, in particular, which far more young women get exposed to than HIV. Parental involvement is key, though, to keeping it all within acceptable boundaries. That's probably why this stuff hasn't gotten to the elementary school level. Parents are pretty heavily involved in all scouting, boys and girls.

Megaguns91
03-18-2010, 10:11 AM
I have 7 and 10 year old neices who are both girl scouts, and their mother works for the YWCA. None of this is filtering down to the Brownie/Junior Scout level (elementary school). They are about selling cookies, learning flag etiquette, community service projects and going camping.

I don't have a problem with comprehensive sex education for high school kids, or for education about HIV, AIDS, STDs in general, and HPV, in particular, which far more young women get exposed to than HIV. Parental involvement is key, though, to keeping it all within acceptable boundaries. That's probably why this stuff hasn't gotten to the elementary school level. Parents are pretty heavily involved in all scouting, boys and girls.

While this is true, what happens to the funds that they get when they sell their delicious...thinmints....mmm.

I wonder if any of the profit has gone to this bullcrap seminar?

linda22003
03-18-2010, 10:24 AM
I wonder if any of the profit has gone to this bullcrap seminar?

I don't care if it goes to Al Qaeda, we're talking about Thin Mints.

Megaguns91
03-18-2010, 10:29 AM
I don't care if it goes to Al Qaeda, we're talking about Thin Mints.

http://bitsandpieces.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/imagesgirl_20scouts_small.jpg

linda22003
03-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Yep, that's about it!

Gingersnap
03-18-2010, 01:53 PM
I'd have a problem with any group who accepts the notion that not disclosing a debilitating and potentially fatal infection is "okay". While sexual partners do lie to each other, it's absolutely morally wrong to expose somebody to HIV without their explicit consent. :mad: