PDA

View Full Version : NeoCon Stupidity

gator
08-04-2008, 08:50 AM
I swear our country is so goddamn stupid it is pathetic.

http://www.defencetalk.com/news/publish/defence/Iraq_arms_sales_request_worth_over_nine_billion_do llars_Pentagon30016268.php

Iraq arms sales request worth over nine billion dollars: Pentagon
Agence France-Presse | Aug 4, 2008

Washington: The Pentagon said Friday it has notified Congress of proposed military sales to Iraq valued at more than nine billion dollars, including helicopters, tanks and armored vehicles.

The biggest proposed sale was for 392 Light Armored Vehicles, radios and anti-tank weapons at an estimated cost of three billion dollars, the Defense Security and Cooperation Agency said.

Congress also was notified of a possible sale of 140 upgraded M1A1 Abrams tanks as well as armored Humvees, tracked logistics vehicles, armored ambulances, vehicles to carry shelters and command posts, and trucks to transport heavy equipment.

AmPat
08-04-2008, 11:48 AM
I swear our country is so goddamn stupid it is pathetic.

http://www.defencetalk.com/news/publish/defence/Iraq_arms_sales_request_worth_over_nine_billion_do llars_Pentagon30016268.php

They will acquire the arms somewhere. Why not us?:confused:

Molon Labe
08-04-2008, 12:11 PM

When they turn around and use them against us....will you blame them?

gator
08-04-2008, 12:34 PM

You know how well it worked out with the Iranians, Israelis and Afghanis, don’t you? :rolleyes:

We need to complete the mission in Iraq and then get the hell out of the business of trying to take sides in a regional conflict that has nothing to do with our own security.

The real reason I suspect we are arming the Iraqis with tanks is to be a force against Iran in order to make Israel is more secure. The last time we tried to do that we regretted it. We are so stupid we can’t learn anything from history.

Sonnabend
08-04-2008, 06:36 PM
The real reason I suspect we are arming the Iraqis with tanks is to be a force against Iran in order to make Israel is more secure.

Thank you, Cindy Sheehan.

AmPat
08-04-2008, 07:01 PM
When they turn around and use them against us....will you blame them?

Assuming this, what difference does it make what kills our soldiers?:confused:

Goldwater
08-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Assuming this, what difference does it make what kills our soldiers?:confused:

A huge difference?

AmPat
08-05-2008, 01:41 AM
A huge difference?

A bullet sir, has no emotion. Dead is dead. I don't like the idea either but the Iraqis are presently our allies. We will either sell them our weapons or the French/Chinese/Russians etc. will. The issue is not whether they get arms but from whom.