PDA

View Full Version : What Liberals consider art...

Articulate_Ape
03-17-2010, 09:33 PM
I am an artist myself and I am so offended by this, not because of the nudity, but because of the utter lack of imagination, effort, etc. This twit of an "artist" clearly has old money or connections that allows her to display utter shit and call it art.

How many very talented artists are ignored for crap like this? I wonder if she got an NEA grant to create this shit. Wow.

EDIT: The video has been removed by the state run media. I will find it.

Articulate_Ape
03-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Ok, I win over the state-run media.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:zHFhWLqnCiMJ:news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/nudity-shocks-nyc-exhibit-with-naked-performers-18640181+Nudity+Shocks!+NYC+Exhibit+With+Naked+Per formers&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

PoliCon
03-17-2010, 10:16 PM
The left feels the art should be evocative. Real people feel that art should be esthetically pleasing.

Articulate_Ape
03-17-2010, 10:18 PM
The left feels the art should be evocative. Real people feel that art should be esthetically pleasing.

Yes, That about says it. Did that link work for you Poli?

PoliCon
03-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Yes, That about says it. Did that link work for you Poli?

yup. :) Thank you for providing an accurate and functional link! :)

Articulate_Ape
03-17-2010, 10:23 PM
yup. :) Thank you for providing an accurate and functional link! :)

I kept having to edit, because the commies at AP or in DC removed the vid. Even that working link is a cached link, so I don't know how long it will last before it too is defunct by big brother.

enslaved1
03-17-2010, 10:32 PM
I see better art spraypainted on train cars than what most lib, hippie, "the blank canvas has deep meaining" artsy fartsy types consider great art. There is something to be said for shock value, but if that's all you have it ain't art. See G.G. Allen, GWAR, millions of gore bands who put out one cookiecutter album and vanish from down the memory hole.

Articulate_Ape
03-17-2010, 10:36 PM
I see better art spraypainted on train cars than what most lib, hippie, "the blank canvas has deep meaining" artsy fartsy types consider great art. There is something to be said for shock value, but if that's all you have it ain't art. See G.G. Allen, GWAR, millions of gore bands who put out one cookiecutter album and vanish from down the memory hole.

I agree. This is such a display of artistic laziness, that it disgusts me. There are soooo many talented artists out there and we get this shit?

PoliCon
03-17-2010, 10:38 PM
I agree. This is such a display of artistic laziness, that it disgusts me. There are soooo many talented artists out there and we get this shit?

Like this guy:
http://www.cmdudash.com/
Of course, I personally have met him and know him to be conservative.

Articulate_Ape
03-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Like this guy:
http://www.cmdudash.com/
Of course, I personally have met him and know him to be conservative.

OMG! His stuff is great! You met him? That is cool. What a great painter.

Constitutionally Speaking
03-18-2010, 03:42 AM

My general rule of thumb is if I could do it, it ain't art.

This crap is not art.

PoliCon
03-18-2010, 05:15 AM
OMG! His stuff is great! You met him? That is cool. What a great painter.

Yup. He is. Went to college with one of his daughters.

Gingersnap
03-18-2010, 08:49 AM
The Commies over at Google have destroyed the link! :mad:

FlaGator
03-18-2010, 09:16 AM
I kept having to edit, because the commies at AP or in DC removed the vid. Even that working link is a cached link, so I don't know how long it will last before it too is defunct by big brother.

It is ok to link to an AP story, just don't post the contents of one, even partial contents can cause trouble. They have vowed to sue blogs and message boards that reproduce their content without paying for it.

Wei Wu Wei
03-18-2010, 04:16 PM
This is hardly 'shocking' at all. I think this idea is clever. Maybe putting a naked person just standing there would seem overly simplistic and trite, but this exhibit puts you in a position where you have to face your own discomforts directly. It's interactive, it's personal, it's excellent.

Articulate_Ape
03-18-2010, 04:19 PM
This is hardly 'shocking' at all. I think this idea is clever. Maybe putting a naked person just standing there would seem overly simplistic and trite, but this exhibit puts you in a position where you have to face your own discomforts directly. It's interactive, it's personal, it's excellent.

Horse shit. It's utter crap.

PoliCon
03-18-2010, 04:31 PM

Thank you for proving me right. :rolleyes:

Teetop
03-20-2010, 10:13 PM
I have great appreciation for good art....Monet, Renoir, etc.....

This is utter crap!

Wei Wu Wei
03-21-2010, 02:14 AM
I have great appreciation for good art....Monet, Renoir, etc.....

This is utter crap!

So which contemporary artists do you like?