PDA

View Full Version : Obama Says “Louisiana Purchase” in Obamacare Will Cover Earthquake in Hawaii…

PoliCon
03-18-2010, 05:54 AM
Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 6:54 PM
Jim Hoft

Either Obama’s completely making up stuff now or we all missed some horrible devastating earthquake in Hawaii…
President Obama said tonight that he agreed with “The Louisiana Purchase” in Obamacare because it also covered the earthquake in Hawaii:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq2yXrXWhyw

FOX News posted the exchange:

BAIER: Do you know which specific deals are in or out, as of today?

OBAMA: I am certain that we’ve made sure, for example, that any burdens on states are alleviated, when it comes to what they’re going to have to chip in to make sure that we’re giving subsidies to small businesses, and subsidies to individuals, for example.

BAIER: So the Connecticut deal is still in?

OBAMA: So that’s not — that’s not going to be something that is going to be in this final package. I think the same is true on all of these provisions. I’ll give you some exceptions though.

Something that was called a special deal was for Louisiana. It was said that there were billions — millions of dollars going to Louisiana, this was a special deal. Well, in fact, that provision, which I think should remain in, said that if a state has been affected by a natural catastrophe, that has created a special health care emergency in that state, they should get help. Louisiana, obviously, went through Katrina, and they’re still trying to deal with the enormous challenges that were faced because of that.

(CROSS TALK)

OBAMA: That also — I’m giving you an example of one that I consider important. It also affects Hawaii, which went through an earthquake. So that’s not just a Louisiana provision. That is a provision that affects every state that is going through a natural catastrophe.

Now I have said that there are certain provisions, like this Nebraska one, that don’t make sense. And they needed to be out. And we have removed those. So, at the end of the day, what people are going to be able to say is that this legislation is going to be providing help to small businesses and individuals, across the board, in an even handed way, and providing people relief from a status quo that’s just not working.

CONTINUED - http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/03/obama-says-louisiana-purchace-in-obamacare-will-cover-earthquake-in-hawaii-uh-what-earthquake-in-hawaii-video/

PoliCon
03-18-2010, 05:56 AM
You have to wonder if he's confusing Haiti and Hawaii . . . . And they called Bush dumb???? :rolleyes:

FlaGator
03-18-2010, 08:15 AM
Maybe he means all that damage done by the tsunami generated by the Chilean quake. I understand that the 3 inch wave did massive damage to the fiddler crab population.

megimoo
03-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Maybe he means all that damage down by the tsunami generated by the Chilean quake. I understand that the 3 inch wave did massive damage to the fiddler crab population.His mind is going from all of the bull shite flowing from his lips !

fettpett
03-18-2010, 09:17 AM
His mind is going from all of the bull shite flowing from his lips !

no, it's from all the crack he smoked in College is finally catching up with him

Articulate_Ape
03-18-2010, 12:36 PM
You have to wonder if he's confusing Haiti and Hawaii . . . . And they called Bush dumb???? :rolleyes:

I thought the same thing, but even if he did, WTF is money for LA going to Haiti for? He is in la la land.

SaintLouieWoman
03-18-2010, 04:48 PM
His mind is going from all of the bull shite flowing from his lips !

I think it's probably because he didn't have his teleprompter. If he isn't reading the junk written for him by his aides, he's in la la land. :rolleyes:

Articulate_Ape
03-18-2010, 05:19 PM
I think it's probably because he didn't have his teleprompter. If he isn't reading the junk written for him by his aides, he's in la la land. :rolleyes:

That's very true. He stammers like an auctioneer with Tourettes when he doesn't have his words being fed to him.

fettpett
03-18-2010, 05:46 PM
guess that means his speech writers really are running the country

edit: i'm surprised he didn't have cue cards behind and out of sight so he could stay on focus

Articulate_Ape
03-18-2010, 06:02 PM
guess that means his speech writers really are running the country

edit: i'm surprised he didn't have cue cards behind and out of sight so he could stay on focus

I forgot to check his palms.

djones520
03-19-2010, 12:14 AM
I thought the same thing, but even if he did, WTF is money for LA going to Haiti for? He is in la la land.

Not even that, WTF is HEALTH CARE money going to Haiti for?!

Articulate_Ape
03-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Not even that, WTF is HEALTH CARE money going to Haiti for?!

Good point. And where is the MSM on this? Had Bush or any Republican said that, it would be slathered from CBS to Comedy Central. What a world.