PDA

View Full Version : Hangover Thursday

FlaGator
03-18-2010, 08:43 AM
A nice but cool day. There suppose to be a little rain but mostly nice and sunny.

TOTD - Seeing that yesterday was St. Patrick's day I was wondering why you people do for hangovers? In 30 years of drinking I never found particular method that worked. If I couldn't sleep it off I generally suffered through it. So what do you do to reduce the agony of a hangover (other than not drinking).

Rebel Yell
03-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Drink plenty of water and take a Goody powder before going to bed. If that don't work, repeat in the morning. And eat breakfast.

linda22003
03-18-2010, 09:05 AM
I've been drinking for decades, and have had very few hangovers - none for at least twenty years. Know your limits and respect them pretty much covers it. Stick with one type of alcohol for the evening and you won't be hunched over the toilet making cheap promises to Jesus.

BadCat
03-18-2010, 09:29 AM
I never drink enough to get a hangover.

patriot45
03-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Bloody Mary! :D

PoliCon
03-18-2010, 10:08 AM
TOTD: never get them. I tried drunk once. HATED it. Hated clutching the toilet - hated not being able to think clearly - hated whole damn experience. I was 13 at the time. I have yet to repeat. I never drink more than a couple.

Megaguns91
03-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Pop mint rolaids like candy the next day.

Gingersnap
03-18-2010, 01:30 PM
It's starting to cloud up and I'm not betting on which way this system will jump. We'll definitely get 10 inches or so but it could be more depending on how fast this thing goes through. So much for Spring.

TOTD: I haven't had a lot of hangovers and I've never successfully cured one. My cousin (who knows all too much about these things) swears by eating meat right before bed and then downing an "eye opener" instantly upon regaining consciousness. He claims everything goes completely back to normal with this method.

I haven't tested this myself, though. :D

jendf
03-18-2010, 05:12 PM
If I think one is imminent, I'll take two Tylenol and a couple sips of Coca-Cola or Pepsi.

The only time I had a TRUE hangover was when I had my one and only shot of Everclear. Lord have mercy. I still have nightmares about that.

Otherwise, I get the occasional annoying headache but nothing else.

Bubba Dawg
03-18-2010, 07:27 PM
I haven't had a hangover in a long time. I really don't drink that way anymore.

When I did, I'd get up, eat a bowl of cereal, and take some aspirin. Someone said drink lots of water and that's true.

I've really never been one who would drink to get drunk. I broke my toe once falling off the porch when I was drunk. I decided it really wasn't a good idea to drink that way.

Rockntractor
03-18-2010, 07:35 PM
I haven't had a hangover in a long time. I really don't drink that way anymore.

When I did, I'd get up, eat a bowl of cereal, and take some aspirin. Someone said drink lots of water and that's true.

I've really never been one who would drink to get drunk. I broke my toe once falling off the porch when I was drunk. I decided it really wasn't a good idea to drink that way.

Yo dawg you got to read this thread' in it your dead!
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=26340&page=11

Bubba Dawg
03-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Yo dawg you got to read this thread' in it your dead!
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=26340&page=11

Thanks. That's a great thread. I'd already dug it up.