PDA

View Full Version : My husband lost his job today

SarasotaRepub
03-19-2010, 06:33 PM
:confused: This could be a "Best Of" but the story...it's a tad confusing. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7958923)

a la izquierda http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/donor.gif (1000+ posts) Fri Mar-19-10 06:29 PM
Original message My husband lost his job today

Yay! In reality, we're celebrating. He'd been trying desperately to get out for months, but stayed because he truly cared about the creatures he worked with. One should never work with live beings if they're not in it for the love of the work. His boss, the owner, was in it for the love of the money. He had countless clients who said they'd never bring their beloved dogs back if he stopped working there.
Well, the other day, he put in his two weeks. The business is run poorly. His boss shows up maybe 8 hours a week. A WEEK! During Christmas, when there was a blizzard, who was there making sure all got taken care of? Not the owner, but my husband.
Last month, another blizzard/ice storm threatened and he spent the night at a nearby hotel so that he could be close to work. The owner didn't do this. He did. He often worked late, came in on days off and went above and beyond. He and another employee kept the place running; both have put in their notice.
His boss today didn't even have the guts to let him go herself, she had the new "manager" do it, saying they were "doing him a favor." My husband responded that it was no favor because he didn't have a job, and he deserved better than this.
He did deserve better than that. I'm so unbelievably pissed that I can't even think. What a slap in the face, to a wonderful human being who could have walked out and screwed his boss on any given day, and didn't.

Is she happy or mad or just stupid??? :D

marv
03-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Wait-a-minit! Giving notice isn't exactly "losing a job"! At least he gave up his 99 week's unemployment............:D

Apache
03-20-2010, 10:46 AM
This is a plop...:(

FDK
03-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Only in DUmmieland does someone give their employer notice that they're being fired. WTF?

Apache
03-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Only in DUmmieland does someone give their employer notice that they're being fired. WTF?

That's why it's a plop :D