PDA

View Full Version : "Rotted Pizza" Theory Debunked In Tot's Disappearance.

Gingersnap
08-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Anthony's "Rotten Pizza Theory" Tested By Eyewitness News
POSTED: 3:58 pm EDT July 31, 2008
UPDATED: 5:23 pm EDT July 31, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- One of the biggest clues detectives have in the case of missing 2-year-old Caylee Anthony is a foul stench in the trunk of the car her mother, Casey, was driving. The family claimed the stench wasn't caused by Caylee's body, but instead by a rotted pizza.

Eyewitness News has had plenty of viewers question how an old pizza could be confused with a decomposing body. Caylee's grandmother said that the car didn't smell of death, but instead rotting pizza in the trunk. So, Eyewitness News decided leave one in a car to see what happened.

It's not the most scientific experiment, but it might shed light on the validity of the "rotting pizza theory." Eyewitness News took a basic Domino's Meatzza pizza and put the leftovers inside a locked car in the Florida sun.

"It smells like there was a dead body in the damn car," Cindy Anthony told a 911 dispatcher in a call to turn in her daughter.

A detective told prosecutors he smelled it, too.

"The evidence of decomposition would lead you to believe, would it not, that there is the possibility that this child is no longer alive?" the prosecutor asked Det. Yuri Melich.

"Yes, that can be concluded," he said during court room testimony.

"How do you deal with what they're saying about in the trunk of the car?" Eyewitness News later asked Cindy Anthony.

"There was a bag of pizza for like 12 days in the trunk of the car full of maggots. It stunk so bad, you know how hot it's been," she said.

But the Eyewitness News experiment doesn't support the smelly pizza theory after temperatures in the 90s. After seven days, the moisture was gone from the pizza and it had the consistency of shoe leather. More importantly, you have to get really close to smell anything and, when you do, the smell is pizza.

Channel 9 managing editor Joel Davis volunteered his car for the experiment.

"About every other day I've taken a look at it. The first day or two, you open the trunk and you have the smell of pizza. But after that, nothing," he said. "No smell whatsoever."

Investigative journalism still lives!

WFTV (http://www.wftv.com/news/17053323/detail.html)

LibraryLady
08-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Investigators expect to have results this week on crucial DNA evidence taken from Casey Anthony's car. Investigators said they found stain in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car, hair samples and a bad smell coming from the trunk. Police question if the stain is biological or not. That question is expected to be answered when the DNA test results from the stain come back this week.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17084571/detail.html

This story is killing me. Caylee Anthony looks SO much like my granddaughter and they are almost exactly the same age.

jinxmchue
08-04-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm starting to fear this will turn out to be like the Jon Benet Ramsey case with investigators making critical screw-ups and allowing someone to get away with murder.

Elspeth
08-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm starting to fear this will turn out to be like the Jon Benet Ramsey case with investigators making critical screw-ups and allowing someone to get away with murder.

They cleared the family after driving them crazy in that case.

gator
08-04-2008, 12:38 PM
My son works with a friend of the mother. They have know each other since grade school. The mother is a loser cokehead. The most likely senario is that the child was taken because the mother owed drug money or something. She probably didn't kill the child.

LogansPapa
08-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Doesnít law enforcement have canines trained specifically in corpse location and identification?

LibraryLady
08-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Two separate cadaver dogs hit on the car, indicating the scent of death.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212161535.shtml

LogansPapa
08-04-2008, 02:45 PM
'Turn out the lights, the party's over...'

Zafod
08-04-2008, 02:55 PM
'Turn out the lights, the party's over...'

WTF?!!?

Why post this in response to a sad story of a little boy missing?

You are fucking twisted....

LogansPapa
08-04-2008, 04:14 PM
You are fucking twisted....

No idiot - it was in regard to the person that cause it and then claimed it was rotten pizza. Hello? :rolleyes:

Zafod
08-04-2008, 05:49 PM
No idiot - it was in regard to the person that cause it and then claimed it was rotten pizza. Hello? :rolleyes:

umm ok, and anyone looking at the post would be able to make that connection?

Do you respond to horrible news stories with irrelevant song lyrics often?

LogansPapa
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
umm ok, and anyone looking at the post would be able to make that connection?

Do you respond to horrible news stories with irrelevant song lyrics often?

No - itís just you Dufus. Notice how nobody else flew off the handle? Hello?

Regarding the song: Dandy Don Meredith / Monday Night Football? When a team was hopelessly behind and the game was virtually over (as in, the suspects in this case are going down for the crime), Dandy Don would sing the first few lines of this tune to denote it.

Again, Hello? :rolleyes:

Zafod
08-05-2008, 10:50 AM
No - itís just you Dufus. Notice how nobody else flew off the handle? Hello?

Regarding the song: Dandy Don Meredith / Monday Night Football? When a team was hopelessly behind and the game was virtually over (as in, the suspects in this case are going down for the crime), Dandy Don would sing the first few lines of this tune to denote it.

Again, Hello? :rolleyes:

Poor taste but coming from you I shouldn't be surprised....:mad:

LogansPapa
08-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Poor taste but coming from you I shouldn't be surprised....:mad:

You're a moron.

Zafod
08-05-2008, 12:14 PM
You're a moron.

and you are a twisted freak...

LibraryLady
08-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Can I referee?

I knew what LP meant, it was shocking but he made the point. The cadaver dogs marked, that's BAD news.:(

Zaf, the child is a little girl and apparently dead. I'm sure LP is sad about that too.

LogansPapa
08-05-2008, 12:45 PM
;) Smart Lady.

Zafod
08-05-2008, 01:45 PM
;) Smart Lady.

Fuck you.....

Zafod
08-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Can I referee?

I knew what LP meant, it was shocking but he made the point. The cadaver dogs marked, that's BAD news.:(

Zaf, the child is a little girl and apparently dead. I'm sure LP is sad about that too.

Well I didnt get it, doesnt mean I am a moron.
This is a very sad story and I HATE people like this mother....

LogansPapa
08-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Fuck you.....

Thanks. :p

LibraryLady
08-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Whew, I thought he was posting that to me!:eek:

Zafod
08-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks. :p

for a fucked up sadist like you I guess that would be a compliment.....

Zafod
08-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Whew, I thought he was posting that to me!:eek:

I respect you too much to even get angry with you.