PDA

View Full Version : What 5 years of smoking does to your computer

PoliCon
03-20-2010, 06:23 AM
Found this surfing the web -
So a friend of mine brought over his computer today, he got it from another friend who build a new computer for himself. An Inter dual core, 2gb ram, 3x 500 + 320gb hdds, and EVGA 8800GTS for free, not bad. So we knew from the start the guy smoked by the computer which earned his living for five years straight. By simply looking at the case I could tell it was bad.

But I will let you guys decide whether a pack of smokes is worth it. Check out the pics! :eek:
http://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/690284-what-5-years-smoking-does-your.html

djones520
03-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Compressed air is your computers friend.

lacarnut
03-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Buying a new computer every 5 years not that big of a probe. A new set of lungs, you figure it out.

PoliCon
03-20-2010, 07:21 AM
Compressed air is your computers friend.

I don't imagine that compressed air will blow off the sticky tar that's all over everything . . . .

SaintLouieWoman
03-20-2010, 10:25 AM
I don't imagine that compressed air will blow off the sticky tar that's all over everything . . . .

Doubt if it will. We were at a health fair at the local hospital, Missouri Baptist, part of the Barnes Hospital System. They had a real lung out there---actually two, one a normal one and the other a smoker's lungs. The smoker's lungs truly were blackish grey and looked sort of collapsed and shriveled. They were scary looking.

Even that wasn't enough to stop SR with that smoking. :eek:

Rockntractor
03-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Doubt if it will. We were at a health fair at the local hospital, Missouri Baptist, part of the Barnes Hospital System. They had a real lung out there---actually two, one a normal one and the other a smoker's lungs. The smoker's lungs truly were blackish grey and looked sort of collapsed and shriveled. They were scary looking.

Even that wasn't enough to stop SR with that smoking. :eek:

20 years ago I went into the doctor with bronchitis that would not go away and other lung problems. The doctor told me I had to quit smoking and I didn't have a choice. I told him I couldn't because I smoked three packs or more of non-filtered cigarettes a day. He said oh no thats not a problem, you will quit soon, he pointed out a man in the waiting room with a sort of briefcase with a hose coming out of it that helped him breathe. He told me that the man had maybe six months left to live and that he had come in a year before in the same condition I was in. He had told him the same thing he was telling me, but the man didn't listen. I had a choice to make and that was the last day I smoked.

SaintLouieWoman
03-20-2010, 06:01 PM
20 years ago I went into the doctor with bronchitis that would not go away and other lung problems. The doctor told me I had to quit smoking and I didn't have a choice. I told him I couldn't because I smoked three packs or more of non-filtered cigarettes a day. He said oh no thats not a problem, you will quit soon, he pointed out a man in the waiting room with a sort of briefcase with a hose coming out of it that helped him breathe. He told me that the man had maybe six months left to live and that he had come in a year before in the same condition I was in. He had told him the same thing he was telling me, but the man didn't listen. I had a choice to make and that was the last day I smoked.

My buddy at work has COPD. He can't walk up the steps and can't walk far. He needs to use an inhaler daily. My best friend at the zoo had been a smoker. She ended up on oxygen, went to the hospital several types a week for the pulmonary rehab unit of their physical therapy area. She's been gone a couple years. Her lungs gave out.

Hope SR listens to me one of these years.

PS We need Gator to give his anti-smoking rant. SR wouldn't listen to him either. :D

SarasotaRepub
03-20-2010, 07:29 PM
It is a little know factoid that cig tar "preserves" computer equipment...:mad::D

Rockntractor
03-20-2010, 08:01 PM
It is a little know factoid that cig tar "preserves" computer equipment...:mad::D

Butts you ain't no computer boss man!:D

RobJohnson
03-21-2010, 11:38 AM

I heard the same thing. Don't forget that a little cigar smoke residue protects your monitors & HDTVs from scratches!

Zafod
03-22-2010, 01:53 PM

That one you sent me I had to completely tear apart and soak to get the smell off of it. But it cleaned up real nice.

Megaguns91
03-22-2010, 03:02 PM
I must admit that I do like a fine cigar maybe once a year. :o

But after seeing them computer innards, I may end up giving my collection away :p

obx
03-23-2010, 10:49 AM
God thinks it is a sin to put a healthy liver and 2 pink lungs in the grave.
________
Mazda cosmo history (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_Cosmo)