PDA

View Full Version : Anchorage Man Kills Neighbor's Chihuahua With Shotgun

megimoo
03-20-2010, 07:38 AM
A long-standing neighborhood conflict over roaming dogs escalated when a 74-year-old man fired a shotgun out a window of his home, killing a loose Chihuahua and landing himself in jail on criminal charges, according to police.
snip
Mueller leveled a semiautomatic .410-bore shotgun loaded with bird shot out an opened window and shot the animal on the street at a corner of his property, police Lt. Dave Parker said. Faux Pas was about 20 feet away from the window.
A neighbor outside shoveling snow heard a shot, looked over and saw the dog, Parker said. The man told police the small dog was "bleeding and squirming in the snow," Parker said. He got into an argument with Mueller about shooting the dog, then Mueller came out and bagged the then-dead dog, he said.
snip
"I really didn't mean to make a killing shot on it. I just wanted to tickle it, is all I did, and I missed tickling it," Mueller said. "I'm sorry for shooting the dog, but I'm glad it's gone. It's just been a pain in my side here for a long time and those people just wouldn't do nothing about it."

http://www.adn.com/2010/03/18/1190035/anchorage-man-kills-neighbors.html

NJCardFan
03-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Am I the only one seeing the irony of the dog named Faux Pas?

PoliCon
03-20-2010, 10:45 PM
"It's his right to keep his dog in any particular way that he wants to," Glasgow said. "But the problem of it is that when you keep a female dog out like that, other dogs are going to come into your yard. What he's saying is that my dog is out of control and running through the neighborhood. What I'm trying to tell him is, 'The only reason my dog was at your house was because you're keeping a bitch in heat outside.' "If you had kept your 'dog' properly tied up he would not be out roaming the neighborhood - to come anywhere near the bitch in heat. he was wrong to shoot the dog, but if you had kept control of your dog there never would have been a problem in the first place.

NJCardFan
03-21-2010, 09:37 AM
If you had kept your 'dog' properly tied up he would not be out roaming the neighborhood - to come anywhere near the bitch in heat. he was wrong to shoot the dog, but if you had kept control of your dog there never would have been a problem in the first place.

However, it was a chihuahua not a pit bull.

Rockntractor
03-21-2010, 10:03 AM

To a man of Poli's stature a chihuahua is a pit bull and a pit bull is a monster!:D

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 01:55 PM

And that justifies leaving the dog unleashed?

fettpett
03-21-2010, 02:27 PM
surprised that an eagle didn't mistake the chihuahua for a rat and eat it

FlaGator
03-21-2010, 02:28 PM

Dogs get loose even when leased and in a fenced in yard. Unfortunate but it does happen.

Big Guy
03-21-2010, 02:44 PM

Just being unleashed does not justify shooting the dog or even just trying to tickel it with a .410.

This guy should have been arrested and should pay restitution. He deserves at least 30 days in jail. Keep in mind I have a limited ammount of information. That chihuahua could have been in attack mode.

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Just being unleashed does not justify shooting the dog or even just trying to tickel it with a .410.

This guy should have been arrested and should pay restitution. He deserves at least 30 days in jail. Keep in mind I have a limited ammount of information. That chihuahua could have been in attack mode.

I done said he was out of line for shooting the ratdog - but as I said - if the ratdog had been properly restrained - and from the story it's clear that this ratdog is often left out to wander - the shooter never would have had cause.

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Dogs get loose even when leased and in a fenced in yard. Unfortunate but it does happen.

apparently from the story - this happened frequently.

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Doggone....

Rockntractor
03-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Doggone....
Poli is scared to death of big vicious chihuahuas!

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2010, 07:25 PM

It's his tiny hands. Plus chihuahuas talk with an accent. At least on TV.

Big Guy
03-21-2010, 07:47 PM
It's his tiny hands. Plus chihuahuas talk with an accent. At least on TV.

They do in real life too, mine talks with a German accent, he was raised by a Min-Pin. :D

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2010, 07:55 PM
They do in real life too, mine talks with a German accent, he was raised by a Min-Pin. :D

At least they don't have French Poodle accents. :D

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 07:57 PM

I hate yappy dogs.

Big Guy
03-21-2010, 08:02 PM
I hate yappy dogs.

Even if they yap with an accent? :D

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Even if they yap with an accent? :D

I once had the pleasure of going to my wifes friends for dinner. this cow had a ratdog that stood in front of me and barked for over an hour. I'm sitting on the couch with my wife talking with this cow and her husband and their obnoxious dog is growling and barking at me - their response? "Oh, he'll settle down eventually." I was all I could do not to just stomp on the little bastard.

lacarnut
03-21-2010, 08:11 PM
I rented a house trailer from a guy in college; everytime I went to pay him the rent that ankle biting Mexican POS would try to sneak up behind me. Guy kept him locked up after I told him that strangulation was not out of the question if he bit me.

Big Guy
03-21-2010, 08:23 PM
I once had the pleasure of going to my wifes friends for dinner. this cow had a ratdog that stood in front of me and barked for over an hour. I'm sitting on the couch with my wife talking with this cow and her husband and their obnoxious dog is growling and barking at me - their response? "Oh, he'll settle down eventually." I was all I could do not to just stomp on the little bastard.

Bad owners, not a bad dog but squish would be a good sound after hearing all that barking. Unles it barked with an accent.:D

Kay
03-21-2010, 08:24 PM

Dogs are usually pretty good judges of character you know.
Maybe he sensed something. ;)

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Dogs are usually pretty good judges of character you know.
Maybe he sensed something. ;)

I always get along with large breed dogs. It's the yappers I hate. :mad:

Big Guy
03-21-2010, 08:29 PM

Not skeered is ya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6E_CYO2tyk

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Not skeered is ya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6E_CYO2tyk

scared? no. Annoyed - given enough time - infuriated even. It's irrational to fear something you can kill in one stomp.

Rockntractor
03-21-2010, 08:45 PM

Do the large ones even notice you? They may think your a garden gnome. Watch out if they hike their legs!

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Do the large ones even notice you? They may think your a garden gnome. Watch out if they hike their legs!

THAT DOES IT. :mad:
http://www.weird-websites.info/Ugly-People/images/fat-ugly-girl-non-nude-pictures.jpg

Keep it up and I post another one! :p

Big Guy
03-21-2010, 08:53 PM
THAT DOES IT. :mad:
http://www.weird-websites.info/Ugly-People/images/fat-ugly-girl-non-nude-pictures.jpg

Keep it up and I post another one! :p

Hey, keep my sister out of this. :D