PDA

View Full Version : Actor Morgan Freeman is injured in car accident

LogansPapa
08-04-2008, 12:53 PM
21 minutes ago

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) Academy Award winning actor Morgan Freeman has been injured in car accident in Mississippi and is in a Memphis hospital.

Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Kathy Stringer says Freeman is in serious condition.

The hospital, commonly known as The Med, is an acute-care teaching facility that serves patients within 150 miles of Memphis.

Ashley Norris, manager of the Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale that is owned by Freeman, confirmed the actor was in a wreck. Norris said she had no other details.

The accident apparently occurred in Tallahatchie County Mississippi, but the sheriff's department referred calls to the Mississippi Highway Patrol. A highway patrol spokesman was not immediately available for comment.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jNttk7bYjxd_EyVMhB-0WLJQv2-AD92BIUP00

LibraryLady
08-04-2008, 12:56 PM
A lot of mixed stories going around. Fox says a woman was driving and Freeman is expected to be OK.

Sure hope so; he's a greyt actor.

BEG
08-04-2008, 06:41 PM
A lot of mixed stories going around. Fox says a woman was driving and Freeman is expected to be OK.

I agree, Freeman is one of my favorite actors.

JB
08-04-2008, 06:56 PM
<begin Morgan Freeman and background music>

Now I know driving at a high rate of speed is often dangerous. But sometimes a man just has to feel the wind in his hair. Funny thing these automobiles. I don't quite remember when we lost control but I sure do remember thinking that my meeting the almighty was inevitable. Oh, I've lived a good life and have no regrets, I was just saddened that it might end this way. I guess a man really doesn't know when it's coming.

</end>

Elspeth
08-04-2008, 08:00 PM

My local news says Freeman was driving and the woman was a passenger. No update on his condition.

jinxmchue
08-04-2008, 11:24 PM
My local news says Freeman was driving and the woman was a passenger. No update on his condition.

I read he's having surgery to patch up his arm:

http://www.ktnv.com/global/story.asp?s=8787647

OwlMBA
08-04-2008, 11:27 PM
He is a liberal douche, but I wish him well.

LibraryLady
08-04-2008, 11:29 PM
My version seems to be wrong, damn that Fox news!!;)

He seems to be doing OK. That's good news.

PB2012
08-05-2008, 09:55 AM
According to Fox News, which I am still watching, Freeman suffered a borken arm and elbow. His car flipped and rolled several times. They say he is in good spirits. He is scheduled for surgery. He is expected to make a good recovery. Although the recovery could take up to 4 months.

LogansPapa
08-05-2008, 10:32 AM
What I enjoy about this particular actor most is his voice. Most distinctive.

LibraryLady
08-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Morgan Freeman and his wife are divorcing. guess there was more to the story!

Full-Auto
08-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Hopefully he'll be ok. He's a good actor. Not one of my favorites, but if he's in a movie chances are it's going to be a good one.

Molon Labe
08-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Hopefully he'll be ok. He's a good actor. Not one of my favorites, but if he's in a movie chances are it's going to be a good one.

Hear Hear!

I loved "Easy Reader".
:D
http://www.tvparty.com/bgifs14/easy-ec.jpg

Gingersnap
08-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Word from the world of celeb gossip is that the woman in the car with him is his lover and he's now divorcing his wife of 20 odd years.

Eyelids
08-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Word from the world of celeb gossip is that the woman in the car with him is his lover and he's now divorcing his wife of 20 odd years.

This is big news guys.

Rebel Yell
08-08-2008, 03:45 PM
This is big news guys.

Then why are you reading it?