PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Could See 10 inches of Snow Over the Weekend

megimoo
03-20-2010, 04:27 PM
The National Weather Service is predicting that the Tulsa area will be hit with 5 to 10 inches of snow over the weekend.

Meteoroligist David Jankowski said Saturday morning's mix of sleet and rain will turn to snow by early afternoon."We're kind of in the transition stage," Jankowski said.Tulsa should see 2 to 4 inches of snow Saturday and another 2 to 3 inches overnight, Jankowski said.

Another 1 to 3 inches is possible on Sunday before the precipitation stops Sunday afternoon."Monday, this should be pushing out of the area and we can see mostly sunny skies with temperatures rebounding into the mid-50's," Jankowski said.
snip

Meanwhile, Tulsa Police say they have responded to at least four weather-related crashes Saturday morning."Those are either injury or possible injury" accidents," said Capt. Randy Hughes. "What I'm hearing is that the overpasses are slushy and slick."

Darren Stefanek, the manager of street maintenance in the Public Works Department, said the city has eight trucks on the streets with crews concentrating on bridges."I plan on having all 54 trucks in by four o'clock," Stefanek said. "However, if conditions deteriorate I'll have them in earlier."

The Oklahoma Department of Transportation is reporting one-quarter to one-half inch of snow in western Oklahoma and mist and sleet in the central part of the state.ODOT crews are treating bridges, which are the first road surfaces to freeze, first.

As of 10:15 a.m. the Tulsa International Airport Web site was showing two flights delayed and one canceled. That's out of 25 flights scheduled to depart the airport between 10 a.m. and 5:45 p.m.In advance of the winter storm, state officials declared a state of emergency late Friday for all 77 of Oklahoma's counties.

The declaration provides a formal mechanism for local governments to seek reimbursement for recovery costs through the state's disaster public assistance program should conditions warrant.

The executive order is also the first step toward seeking federal aid should it be necessary.

The storm could make driving hazardous and hinder fans trying to get to men's and women's NCAA tournament games scheduled for Saturday and Sunday in Oklahoma City and Norman, officials said.

"We certainly hate that it may affect attendance," said Laura Kriegel, director of marketing and communications for the Oklahoma City Convention & Visitors Bureau. "We hope it passes by and we have some great basketball."

Kriegel said hotels in downtown Oklahoma City are sold out for the men's tournament, but she encouraged ticketholders who plan to drive to the Ford Center arena for the college basketball games to take road conditions into account.

"We want people to use their best judgment. Be mindful of the weather," she said.

snip

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20100320_11_0_TeNtoa564775

Rockntractor
03-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah, it's working on it!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

PoliCon
03-20-2010, 04:39 PM
And here I sit with my windows open and shorts on. :D

Rockntractor
03-20-2010, 04:41 PM

At your height shorts would be a thong!:confused::eek:

PoliCon
03-20-2010, 04:49 PM
At your height shorts would be a thong!:confused::eek:

Would you stop undressing me with your mind. :mad:

megimoo
03-20-2010, 05:02 PM
At your height shorts would be a thong!:confused::eek:No doubt exposing itself to old ladies and children !:eek:

Rockntractor
03-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Would you stop undressing me with your mind. :mad:

That would take about as much effort as undressing a Barbie doll and neither of you would be anatomically correct.

Starbuck
03-20-2010, 05:37 PM

OK. I'm coming up to Pittsburgh tomorrow. I'm bringing weather with me.:)

PoliCon
03-20-2010, 06:55 PM
No doubt exposing itself to old ladies and children !:eek:

Gofuckyourself.

PoliCon
03-20-2010, 06:56 PM
OK. I'm coming up to Pittsburgh tomorrow. I'm bringing weather with me.:)

No thanks. You forget that we had 48 inches last month. :p We've earned this nice weather.