PDA

View Full Version : I've got it-a sure-fire, can't miss, guaranteed Nov election winning strategy for ANY

Carol
03-21-2010, 08:08 AM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7969539)

Union Yes Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Original message
I've got it-a sure-fire, can't miss, guaranteed Nov election winning strategy for ANY Dem candidate.

Differentiate.

Draw a line in the sand. Repubs on one side, Dems on the other side.

If Dems oppose Repubs instead of trying to act like their TWIN, people will follow.

A mirror image of GOP policy is horrible Democratic policy.

How can a Dem differentiate?

Publicly oppose war and call for legislation that will order the end ALL wars we are currently engaged in.

Publicly call for reduction in 'defense' spending.

Publicly call for Medicare for ALL.

Publicly call for the repeal of NAFTA and an end to "Free" Trade. Fair Trade instead.

Support passage of Employee Free Choice Act.

Publicly call for prescription drug price control.

Publicly call for trust-busting.

End "health" insurer anti-trust exemption.

Indict government/ex gov officials-war criminals and those who authorized torture. Those who fabricated and falsified evidence that led us into war.

Just a few examples of how a Dem can differentiate. Most of the above positions would bring droves of populist support.

Dems, learn it.

Differentiate, or November won't be one to remember.
Oh, yes, please do run on those things. Have all the Dems run on that and we'll see what the people really want.

Echo In Light Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Response to Original message
5. That's based on the assumption that the Establishment would allow such a candidate to 'win'

... an "election."

Cid_B (1000+ posts)
Response to Reply #5
6. It's based on the assumption that a majority of people want those things...

... which they don't.

uberblonde Donating Member (809 posts)
Response to Original message
8. I've got one, too.

It's simple: Break up the cable TV monopolies for price-fixing. We'll have a Democratic majority for decades!

Dan D. Doty
03-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Here's something UY didn't think of; find out what the American people want instead.

What kind of idiot believes " everyone thinks just like me" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great idea there UY, government runs people's lives 24/7, expect if there's a terrorist attack; then they won't do a damn thing.

Speedy
03-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Oh no! We're doomed and a 90 seat Democrat majority is inevitable now that they have figured it out.

Apache
03-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Oh FFS! UY is probably a basement dweller who hasn't seen natural sunlight in decades. I can't believe people actually think that shit works! :rolleyes: