PDA

View Full Version : We don't pay premiums for police, fire, roads, schools. Why premiums for health care?

Carol
03-21-2010, 08:33 AM
The DUers are especially idiotic today.

link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7969211)

WillYourVoteBCounted Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Original message
We don't pay premiums for police, fire, roads, schools. Why premiums for health care?

it is a basic human necessity, right?And if you don't pay premiums HOW is it going to be paid for? They seem to think it's FREE and that they are ENTITLED.

Morning Dew Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Response to Original message
1. Sure.

And you don't choose to get sick, or get robbed, or have your house burn.

Good question.

Fleshdancer (1000+ posts)
2. how sad is it that the majority of us don't think of asking this question?

It makes sense and yet most of us don't ask it. I'm guilty of this...and I'm uninsured so I feel like a complete idiot right now. ;)
Thank goodness some at the end of the thread have some common sense.

Fire_Medic_Dave Donating Member (1000+ posts)
5. Sure you do. Largely in the form of property tax.

elleng Donating Member
9. We DO pay 'premiums' for those services you list;

our taxes are used to pay for salaries and maintenance of necessary facilities, from which we all benefit, collectively. As to health care, we make use of it individually, for different types and at much different rates.

NJCardFan
03-21-2010, 09:22 AM
It amazes me. It really does. But this one is my favorite:

Morning Dew Donating Member (1000+ posts)
1. Sure.

And you don't choose to get sick, or get robbed, or have your house burn.

Good question.
Some people do. If you smoke, do drugs, drink excessively, chew or dip tobacco, or are overweight, and you get cancer, emphysema, cirrhosis, OD, mouth cancer, diabetes heart problems, etc. these were all brought on by the choices you made.