PDA

View Full Version : Are you "Green"????

SarasotaRepub
03-21-2010, 06:27 PM
After doing a lot of work around the house today SLW and I went back to the bedroom to take it easy for a while and I turned on HGTV. I've had enough of the crap in DC
today.

One of the episodes was about a hippy lib couple (my thread, my call :p ) who had a place they wanted to sell. They were both into the "Green" shit and the wifey wants to move to the "Country" and start an "Organic" farm.

Unless that farm is pumping out grain for Organic Vodka, I ain't interested! :D

In any case, the remake of the condo/home was to make it sellable but still be "Green".

They used a shit load of old crappy stuff in the episode but two things made me LOL.

1.) The use of "Green" Plywood. AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What made it "Green" you ask??? They said it came from a "sustainable forest". JHC...how fucking stupid are people these days??? I bet they paid more for the lumber because it was "Green". :rolleyes:

2.) The stain they used on some POS table was "Soy based". Soy??? Hey, unless that's going on my Shrimp Fried Rice...keep it off the furniture. :eek:

This "Green/Organic" shit is nothing but a racket like Global Warming.

Articulate_Ape
03-21-2010, 06:32 PM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/JamesSavant/HIPPY1.jpg

lurkalot
03-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Just got back from Vegas. Where Grandma gave a lecture on "green" to my daughter. I had to listen for five F****ing hours about the evils of my using paper plates. I finally said "then you wash the damn dishes and we can be green"
Don't even say the word Green to me! :mad::mad:

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2010, 07:32 PM
I use Paper plates and paper cups too.

I refuse to drink coffee out of Styrofoam, though.

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Green? I go out of my way to stomp down the single largest carbon footprint I can. I ADORE Styrofoam and plastic. You can keep your paper plates - I want the styrofoam ones.

lurkalot
03-21-2010, 07:45 PM
I use Paper plates and paper cups too.

I refuse to drink coffee out of Styrofoam, though.

Oh dont even get the kidlet started on styrofoam...
although if you tick me off I will give her your phone number and tell her "HE USES PAPER PLATES ALL THE TIME" :p

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Oh dont even get the kidlet started on styrofoam...
although if you tick me off I will give her your phone number and tell her "HE USES PAPER PLATES ALL THE TIME" :p

I have Styrofoam Ice Chests. Love 'em. Cheap and light. Mess 'em up=throw 'em away.

I just don't like drinking coffee from Styrofoam. It makes it ookey.

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 07:54 PM
I have Styrofoam Ice Chests. Love 'em. Cheap and light. Mess 'em up=throw 'em away.

I just don't like drinking coffee from Styrofoam. It makes it ookey.

stop pretending like coffee isn't already 'ookey.'

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2010, 07:56 PM
stop pretending like coffee isn't already 'ookey.'

YOU DON'T LIKE COFFEE!!!!!:eek:

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 07:57 PM
YOU DON'T LIKE COFFEE!!!!!:eek:

Bubba - if you ever hear of me drinking coffee - run for the hills. The body snatchers are here. I drink Tea. Irish Breakfast preferably with cream and 2 sugars.

lacarnut
03-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Other than recycle, the grennies can kiss my ass. Drill baby drill for more oil.

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Other than recycle, the grennies can kiss my ass. Drill baby drill for more oil.

Recycling is a joke also. My borough charges me to take away my recyclables - and requires by law that I recycle. AND if I chose to bypass them and recycle myself - I still have to pay them for the service AND I have to provide written proof that I have recycled. :mad: Fucktards.

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Bubba - if you ever hear of me drinking coffee - run for the hills. The body snatchers are here. I drink Tea. Irish Breakfast preferably with cream and 2 sugars.

I like Irish Tea with cream and sugar. Other tea I like with just sugar or honey.

Coffee I like black.

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 08:10 PM
I like Irish Tea with cream and sugar. Other tea I like with just sugar or honey.

Coffee I like black.

If it's black tea - it gets cream.
If it's green tea - it gets honey.
If it's herbal tea - it gets poured down the sink. :D

Coffee is never even in my house.

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2010, 08:18 PM
If it's black tea - it gets cream.
If it's green tea - it gets honey.
If it's herbal tea - it gets poured down the sink. :D

Coffee is never even in my house.

Is Earl Grey Black Tea?

Troll
03-21-2010, 08:23 PM
I pee in the sink sometimes to save water - does that count?

Speedy
03-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Green? I go out of my way to stomp down the single largest carbon footprint I can. I ADORE Styrofoam and plastic. You can keep your paper plates - I want the styrofoam ones.

I do the same thing. I refuse to buy anything that proudly annouonces how "green" it is. I use styrofoam plate two at a time so they can be sturdier. I changed brand of bottled water when they switched to a flimsier bottle that was more eco friendly. And to the idiots that compalin I say this, if I went completely green in everything or doubled my carbon foorprint, it would make not one bit of difference.

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Is Earl Grey Black Tea?

yup

http://www.relaxsipenjoy.com/black_tea_descriptions.aspx

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2010, 08:27 PM
yup

http://www.relaxsipenjoy.com/black_tea_descriptions.aspx

Interesting. Do you drink iced tea?

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Interesting. Do you drink iced tea?

yup. Iced and LIGHTLY sweetened - peach, pomegranate, and raspberry flavored are nice too. NOT that nasty sweet tea shit you people in the south favor . . . .

lurkalot
03-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Isn't tea kinda sissy? :p

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2010, 08:34 PM
yup. Iced and LIGHTLY sweetened - peach, pomegranate, and raspberry flavored are nice too. NOT that nasty sweet tea shit you people in the south favor . . . .

I don't like it sweetened at all but I do like peach or raspberry flavoring.

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 08:35 PM

civilized men drink tea. :p Sissies drink lattes.

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2010, 08:37 PM

NO....I mean, no. Lord Nelson drank tea. And Hardy kissed him. Nothing homo-erotic though. It was a manly kiss.

Bubba Dawg
03-21-2010, 08:38 PM
civilized men drink tea. :p Sissies drink lattes.

Latte isn't the same as cafe au lait, is it??? :eek:

Just askin'....

Big Guy
03-21-2010, 08:39 PM

Not if there is a couple shots of Burbon in it. :)

Rockntractor
03-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Poli is really in to that whole feminine side thing.

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Poli is really in to that whole feminine side thing.

http://msp109.photobucket.com/albums/n69/garciaderek/obese.jpg

Big Guy
03-21-2010, 09:03 PM

Why do you keep bringing my Sister into things?

RobJohnson
03-21-2010, 09:04 PM
After doing a lot of work around the house today SLW and I went back to the bedroom to take it easy for a while and I turned on HGTV. I've had enough of the crap in DC
today.

One of the episodes was about a hippy lib couple (my thread, my call :p ) who had a place they wanted to sell. They were both into the "Green" shit and the wifey wants to move to the "Country" and start an "Organic" farm.

Unless that farm is pumping out grain for Organic Vodka, I ain't interested! :D

In any case, the remake of the condo/home was to make it sellable but still be "Green".

They used a shit load of old crappy stuff in the episode but two things made me LOL.

1.) The use of "Green" Plywood. AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What made it "Green" you ask??? They said it came from a "sustainable forest". JHC...how fucking stupid are people these days??? I bet they paid more for the lumber because it was "Green". :rolleyes:

2.) The stain they used on some POS table was "Soy based". Soy??? Hey, unless that's going on my Shrimp Fried Rice...keep it off the furniture. :eek:

This "Green/Organic" shit is nothing but a racket like Global Warming.

Soy based is good for the Midwest farmers

RobJohnson
03-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Just got back from Vegas. Where Grandma gave a lecture on "green" to my daughter. I had to listen for five F****ing hours about the evils of my using paper plates. I finally said "then you wash the damn dishes and we can be green"
Don't even say the word Green to me! :mad::mad:

That would suck.

I'm saving water consumption by using paper plates!

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 09:09 PM
That would suck.

I'm saving water consumption by using paper plates!

well save water and tree by using styrofoam! :D

SarasotaRepub
03-21-2010, 09:14 PM

WOOT!!! :D

RobJohnson
03-21-2010, 09:15 PM

I eat hot food, the plates melt!

PoliCon
03-21-2010, 09:23 PM
I eat hot food, the plates melt!

only if you buy the cheap ones. :rolleyes:

lacarnut
03-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Recycling is a joke also. My borough charges me to take away my recyclables - and requires by law that I recycle. AND if I chose to bypass them and recycle myself - I still have to pay them for the service AND I have to provide written proof that I have recycled. :mad: Fucktards.

I know that recycling is a joke and a rip off. My trashy neighbor chunks everything into one basket. The city was so gung ho about at the start with strict compliance compliance. However, it looks like all they are interested in is the extra fees cause they sure as hell do not monitor it.

RobJohnson
03-22-2010, 01:05 AM
There is a market for recycled & green products. More power to them. The free market rocks!

Recycling aluminum cans keeps the prices down on those soda containers! (But mine still end up in the trash, my bad.)

My grandparents had a salvage yard & used parts business. They made a good living recycling metal & smashing all those junk yard cars! This was back in the 50's

SaintLouieWoman
03-22-2010, 07:27 AM

St Louis County started the mandatory recycling last year. Same deal, if we use their recycling cart or not, we're still charged.

My secret sin is throwing an aluminum can or some paper in with the regular trash. When I'm in a pissy mood with the libs, it makes me feel so good. :D

Will have to use paper plates this week, because we won't have the use of the sink most of this week because of the kitchen redo. I prefer regular plates just because I like them better, has nothing to do with that "green" stuff.

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 08:50 AM
I have no problem what ever with recycling to save money. I do have a problem with recycling to save the planet. :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
03-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Well, dumping soy on your walls is sure better than eating it.

I'm inadvertently "green". As a Crunchy Con, I compost the living daylights out of everything, grow organic veggies, cook with raw whole foods, and repair, reuse, or accidentally recycle. I sure don't sort through my trash, though. When they pay me for that chore, we'll talk.

Apache
03-22-2010, 01:27 PM

You sick, tea-drinkin', sissy bastid! That hurt my eyes.....:mad:

fettpett
03-22-2010, 04:58 PM
here in MI we have an incentive to recylce aluminum $.10/can or bottle, but only for soda/liqure/beer/wine but not Water bottles and you can only take them to places that sell it.

When I lived in WI we had to seperate our paper and plastic. now i just throw everything away.cuz we're not required too. thank God cuz it sucked.

but hey if you guys wanna save some trees and water, find hemp paper plates :D

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Why do you keep bringing my Sister into things?

cause it shuts goatboy up! :D

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Well, dumping soy on your walls is sure better than eating it. SO VERY TRUE!:D

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 10:04 PM
You sick, tea-drinkin', sissy bastid! That hurt my eyes.....:mad:

well when goatboy play's nice so will I. :p

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 10:05 PM
but hey if you guys wanna save some trees and water, find hemp paper plates :D:eek: and support hippy potheads? NO THANKS. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
03-22-2010, 10:06 PM
cause it shuts goatboy up! :D

It's amazing what you keep on your drive for girly pictures.

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 10:16 PM
It's amazing what you keep on your drive for girly pictures.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1003/bitch-get-off-my-ass-lol-demotivational-poster-1268875274.jpg

Freeman_Shadwell
03-22-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm so anti green that if I could heat my home with a tire fire that I started with an aerosol can, I would. Just because it would piss off hippies and libs. :mad:

I obviously exaggerate, but I do go out of my way to buy and/or do things that hippies say I shouldn't.

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm so anti green that if I could heat my home with a tire fire that I started with an aerosol can, I would. Just because it would piss off hippies and libs. :mad:

I obviously exaggerate, but I do go out of my way to buy and/or do things that hippies say I shouldn't.

That gets you a FR. :) I don't acre if you eat babies for breakfast - for this post alone, you're ok in my book. :D

Rockntractor
03-22-2010, 10:30 PM
That gets you a FR. :) I don't acre if you eat babies for breakfast - for this post alone, you're ok in my book. :D
You don't acre? Wud up wit dat teach?:confused:

Freeman_Shadwell
03-22-2010, 10:35 PM

As a matter of fact I do eat babies for breakfast. Eggs are baby chickens, right? :eek:

What the hell is a "FR"? :confused:

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 11:02 PM
You don't acre? Wud up wit dat teach?:confused:

Yooo hoo . . . someone's looking for you rock . . . .

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/johnstona_2006/fat-woman.jpg

:p

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 11:02 PM
As a matter of fact I do eat babies for breakfast. Eggs are baby chickens, right? :eek:

What the hell is a "FR"? :confused:

click on your user CP and you'll find out ;)

Rockntractor
03-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Yooo hoo . . . someone's looking for you rock . . . .

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/johnstona_2006/fat-woman.jpg

:p
You little men like duh fat women don't you?:confused:

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 11:06 PM
You little men like duh fat women don't you?:confused:

um . . no. We leave them to the livestock chasers. :p We already know about your pig fetish rock. You don't have to try and hide it now! :p

Freeman_Shadwell
03-22-2010, 11:09 PM
click on your user CP and you'll find out ;)

Cool, thanks.

I do have to say though that you have an odd amount of pictures of walruses with wigs on hand.

Not judging, just sayin'....:confused:

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Cool, thanks.

I do have to say though that you have an odd amount of pictures of walruses with wigs on hand.

Not judging, just sayin'....:confused:

google is my friend. :)

Rockntractor
03-22-2010, 11:13 PM
google is my friend. :)
Yeah, and your hairy palmed right hand is your girlfriend.

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Yeah, and your hairy palmed right hand is your girlfriend.

http://sloone.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/kiss-my-ass-3-2.jpg

noonwitch
03-23-2010, 08:19 AM
I put my plastic laundry soap bottles in the recycling bin. We have bottle/can deposits in Michigan and have for a while, so I bring pop bottles and cans back to the store. I drive a small car that gets good mileage. Otherwise, I'm not all that green.

About soy products-I agree they belong only on food. During my wicca days, I subscribed to a magazine that switched from regular ink to soy-based ink, and from that point on, the magazines started to literally stink after a few days.

Gingersnap
03-23-2010, 08:57 AM

Now that's funny! :D

N.B. - the rest of you guys have to quit posting pics of your sisters. This isn't Craigslist, you know. :cool:

PoliCon
03-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Now that's funny! :D

N.B. - the rest of you guys have to quit posting pics of your sisters. This isn't Craigslist, you know. :cool:

Fine - shall we post pics of you instead?

http://images.thecarconnection.com/med/katey-sagal-as-peg-bundy_100181678_m.jpg

Gingersnap
03-23-2010, 12:33 PM
LOL! Still crushin' on the Pegsterl The 90s are over. Time to throw out your sticky adolescent dreams along with those hideous Doc Martens and join the rest of us in Grownup Land. :p

PoliCon
03-23-2010, 01:02 PM
LOL! Still crushin' on the Pegsterl The 90s are over. Time to throw out your sticky adolescent dreams along with those hideous Doc Martens and join the rest of us in Grownup Land. :p

crush? I always found her to be rather gross. :rolleyes:

marinejcksn
03-23-2010, 01:37 PM
I think I lost my family jewels. Recently I purchased these for my entire house:

http://i.treehugger.com/images/2007/10/24/green-basics-cfl-white.jpg

I'm so ashamed. :(

PoliCon
03-23-2010, 02:01 PM
I think I lost my family jewels. Recently I purchased these for my entire house:

You would have been better off buying these - http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/9ceb/ - they last longer and are safer. AND you don't have to take them to a hazmat facility to dispose of them. AND THIS ONE - http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/831e/ has a remote control that lets you change the colors :)

Apache
03-23-2010, 02:12 PM

I light my place with one of these...

http://ths.sps.lane.edu/biomes/Images/river.jpg

:D

marinejcksn
03-24-2010, 09:41 AM
You would have been better off buying these - http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/9ceb/ - they last longer and are safer. AND you don't have to take them to a hazmat facility to dispose of them.

Thanks for the link!

But is this listed price: $59.99 - $99.99 the price per bulb? If so.... :eek:

PoliCon
03-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the link!

But is this listed price: $59.99 - $99.99 the price per bulb? If so.... :eek:

yes - per bulb, but the bulbs last 11 years and use 10% of the electricity of a normal bulb - so they're well worth it.