PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Fever!!!!!!!

Space Gravy
08-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Who's got it?

Anyone?

I've starting seeing TV ads for it........I guess it's starting soon?

ralph wiggum
08-04-2008, 01:49 PM
No fever here. Not interested in the least.

LibraryLady
08-04-2008, 01:51 PM
8/8/08

I may watch the opening ceremonies.

Constitutionally Speaking
08-04-2008, 04:04 PM
I'll watch it when I can. I like some of the events but the coverage they usually give on TV is more on the "story" around the athletes than of the events themselves. I can do without that crap.

Rebel Yell
08-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Football season starts on the 28th. Therefore, I have better things to ook forward to than the Olympics.;)

PB2012
08-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Football OFFICALLY starts Thursday.

I have never been really big into the Olympics, but I think this year I might take a look at them.
I have been talking to some friends and they say the opening ceremonies are usually really nice.

Elspeth
08-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Football OFFICALLY starts Thursday.

I have never been really big into the Olympics, but I think this year I might take a look at them.
I have been talking to some friends and they say the opening ceremonies are usually really nice.

If people can breathe through them....

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Olympics.jpg

(Chicago Tribune)

Space Gravy
08-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Still don't have it.

Jumpy
08-09-2008, 08:55 PM
The beach volleyball is always so much fun to watch! I missed the indoor Womens volleyball where they played Japan. We have a local girl playing on the team!

I saw that the mens Volleyball team had the father-in-law of the Coach STABBED and killed.. along with his wife.

Very sad.

Jumpy
08-09-2008, 10:18 PM
I think I am in love with Michael Phelps!! WOW!!! Another world record set, and another medal for him. I loved the interview with his mother.

What an amazing athlete.

lacarnut
08-10-2008, 07:44 PM
I enjoy watching the Olympics. Bush needs to keep his trap shut; this is a sporting event not a politicial event. He can bash China all he wants to when he returns to the USA.

Jumpy
08-10-2008, 08:29 PM
I enjoy watching the Olympics. Bush needs to keep his trap shut; this is a sporting event not a politicial event. He can bash China all he wants to when he returns to the USA.

I agree!! errrghhh!

lacarnut
08-10-2008, 08:43 PM
I agree!! errrghhh!

If he is trying to pull a R.R. at the Berlin wall, he flunked the course.

Eyelids
08-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Who just saw the relay? That was amazing.

ralph wiggum
08-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Who just saw the relay? That was amazing.

I believe the U.S. won. I have SportsCenter on, and I think they broke in and gave that result. I forget the event, but Phelps was in it.

SaintLouieWoman
08-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Did anyone watch the women's fencing yesterday? It was amazing. The US team took gold, silver and bronze.

I was getting very upset during the opening ceremonies with all the commercial breaks between (or during) the show. It was amazing, I'll admit begrudgingly. I'm not a fan of the ChiComs but they did have the most spectacular opening ceremonies I've ever seen.

Watched the men's basketball this morning. The Chinese were initially leading very briefly, then the US team hit their stride. I stopped watching when our team was too far ahead. I hope they maintained the lead.

IanBama
08-11-2008, 12:11 AM
WOW the men's 400 freestyle relay was AMAZING..the French were talking down to the US saying they would smash us, and we come back in the last 10 feet and win the GOLD, MAH GAWD

Eyelids
08-11-2008, 02:13 AM
The best part is every indication coming into the event said the French would smash us. Give a lot of credit to Lezak on that last 50m, that was an amazing show of athletecism.

lacarnut
08-11-2008, 08:56 AM
The best part is every indication coming into the event said the French would smash us. Give a lot of credit to Lezak on that last 50m, that was an amazing show of athletecism.

I just watched a replay of that race and it was amazing. The trash talking by the French might have made that .04 of a second difference between 1st and 2nd.

Rebel Yell
08-11-2008, 12:01 PM
I just watched a replay of that race and it was amazing. The trash talking by the French might have made that .04 of a second difference between 1st and 2nd.

I'm hooked on the swimming events. I'll watch the "Redeem Team", too. Even though they'll never field another as great as the original "Dream Team".

biccat
08-11-2008, 03:43 PM
I haven't really been watching, but my wife keeps it on. Too busy shuttling crap to the new house.

Although I had to sit and watch the women's gymnastics last night so I could talk about wasserface at the watercooler today. Shawn or something? Maybe? I don't know. She's from West Des Moines, so it's kind of a big deal.

Probably the most incredible thing was that some of the women on the US Gymnastics team actually had boobs. That's unheard of in gymnastics!

Shannon
08-11-2008, 10:29 PM
I've been watching the swimming the last half hour. We're doing great! I get so stressed out watching them though!

Shannon
08-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Alright, that Piersol guy really had me stressing.

Shannon
08-11-2008, 10:45 PM
I just bawled listening to the National Anthem. Watching the Olympics is not good for me.:p