PDA

View Full Version : Attorney's General filing suit

Jfor
03-22-2010, 10:54 AM
I heard on the radio that our Attorney General, Troy King, is joining with several other state's Attorney's General in a lawsuit against the government because of the healthcare bill. The lawsuits will begin the moment the Hussein Obama signs this monstrosity into law. I believe I heard that there are 12 more AG's going to Washington tomorrow to file the lawsuits. Short of secession, this is the only other way currently to fight the healthcare bill. I do not have faith in the GOP to roll this monstrosity back if/when they win in November.

linda22003
03-22-2010, 11:14 AM
It's an interesting technique, but I have my doubts about whether it will work. BTW, it's just a plural - attorneys general. An apostrophe is incorrect.

FlaGator
03-22-2010, 11:17 AM
It's an interesting technique, but I have my doubts about whether it will work. BTW, it's just a plural - attorneys general. An apostrophe is incorrect.

It is his/her suit.

Chuck58
03-22-2010, 11:19 AM
I heard on the radio that our Attorney General, Troy King, is joining with several other state's Attorney's General in a lawsuit against the government because of the healthcare bill. The lawsuits will begin the moment the Hussein Obama signs this monstrosity into law. I believe I heard that there are 12 more AG's going to Washington tomorrow to file the lawsuits. Short of secession, this is the only other way currently to fight the healthcare bill. I do not have faith in the GOP to roll this monstrosity back if/when they win in November.

A Revolutionary War general, and New Hampshire's State motto:

"Live free or die, death is not the worst of all evils."

Virginia, South Carolina and Florida are filing suit as soon as whatsisname signs the bill. The Texas Attorney General says as soon as the bill is signed, Texas is filing as well.

Thirty five other States are on board with it, total will be 39 states opposing it, even including my New Mexico which surprises the hell out of me. Richardson, though, has said repeatedly he is opposed to obamacare. I don't know how many are joining in the suit.

Now, we just pray no Conservative SC judge retires or dies before it gets there.

I'm seeing parallels today between the Russian revolution and what's just happened, except instead of Communists overthrowing the czar, it's a free people fighting to retain their freedom.

linda22003
03-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Since there are several involved it would be the Attorneys Generals' suits, but since that's an awkward construction it would be the suits of the Attorneys General. Attorneys is plural. It would be incorrect to say "Attorney Generals" although no doubt some would.

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 11:30 AM
http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/630/GrammarNaziCat.jpg

Rebel Yell
03-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Since there are several involved it would be the Attorneys Generals' suits, but since that's an awkward construction it would be the suits of the Attorneys General. Attorneys is plural. It would be incorrect to say "Attorney Generals" although no doubt some would.

I would.;)

fettpett
03-22-2010, 11:32 AM

ROFLMFAO!!!! nice:eek::D

Jfor
03-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Seriously, who gives a shit if it is an apostrophe or no apostrophe. Comment on the thread not the stupid ass apostrophe.

linda22003
03-22-2010, 11:56 AM
I did, in post #2.

Chuck58
03-22-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm really of the opinion that, should the lawsuits fail, although I believe the commerce clause to be unconstitutional, secession might be the last resort. Or, the threat of secession.

Are there enough Americans who believe in liberty left in the various states with the guts to do it?

Nubs
03-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Next step: Article 5 Convention

fettpett
03-22-2010, 12:20 PM
um...maybe an Amendment started with the states instead of in Congress that specificly stated what Taxes can ONLY be used for....It would have to be pretty spefic for libtards to try and not get around

Chuck58
03-22-2010, 12:25 PM
um...maybe an Amendment started with the states instead of in Congress that specificly stated what Taxes can ONLY be used for....It would have to be pretty spefic for libtards to try and not get around

And maybe have the amendment written by human beings in plain, simple English, rather than by lawyers.

fettpett
03-22-2010, 12:34 PM
yep, that I agree with

Apache
03-22-2010, 03:25 PM
And maybe have the amendment written by human beings in plain, simple English, rather than by lawyers.

And deal with the meaning of "is" again? You really want to fix this....term limits. Clean house and impose term limits...

fettpett
03-22-2010, 04:10 PM
And deal with the meaning of "is" again? You really want to fix this....term limits. Clean house and impose term limits...

ohh that'll be in another amendment. 2 Terms for Senators and 4-6 Terms for Reps. 12 years for both works for me

enslaved1
03-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Our (Ks) Senate is working on a state constitutionalamendment to let Kansas opt out of the mandates. We'll see what all becomes of it.

linky (http://tinyurl.com/ye97pe5)

lacarnut
03-22-2010, 07:31 PM
You hijacked the thread not once but twice with your stupidity.

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 10:30 PM

agreed. Citizen legislators not career politicians.

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Seriously, who gives a shit if it is an apostrophe or no apostrophe. Comment on the thread not the stupid ass apostrophe.

whoa dude - relax. We have different characters here who have their own schticks. Linda#s is a grammar and spelling Nazi. She will deal with your content and correct spelling and grammar at the same time. Wee Wee Wu likes to sit in threads and shit on himself - Wilbur is your typical self righteous elitist - Shannon is mean - Bubba has a spandex fetish - Badcat likes being a jerk - gator is antisemitic - and I'm practically perfect in every way. ;) Take a second to get to know people before lashing out at them.

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 10:35 PM
I wish Phillygirl could come and give us her take on the chances of this working . . . .

Teetop
03-22-2010, 10:37 PM

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha! I learn from the grammar Nazi. Thanks, Linda.

Poli? That's the best thing I have seen for a grammar nazi... :D

Edit to add: The 10th Amendment covers this.

Dis-claimer; I am not an attorney.

Jfor
03-23-2010, 08:23 AM
whoa dude - relax. We have different characters here who have their own schticks. Linda#s is a grammar and spelling Nazi. She will deal with your content and correct spelling and grammar at the same time. Wee Wee Wu likes to sit in threads and shit on himself - Wilbur is your typical self righteous elitist - Shannon is mean - Bubba has a spandex fetish - Badcat likes being a jerk - gator is antisemitic - and I'm practically perfect in every way. ;) Take a second to get to know people before lashing out at them.

I have been here long enough to know who the "characters" are. I have also been here long enough to see one minor grammatical error doesn't mean she should continue to spout off her crap. It is annoying. I don't give a shit if she thinks she is God's gift to spelling Nazis. It has nothing to do with the thread. If my post was incomprehensible due to spelling and grammatical mistakes, then so be it. It wasn't.

obx
03-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Here's a compromise. We will throw out both the bill and the apostrophe.
________
Depression Forums (http://www.health-forums.org/depression/)

fettpett
03-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Here's a compromise. We will throw out both the bill and the apostrophe.

I think that works well for everyone :D