PDA

View Full Version : 'Suicide voyeur' nurse allegedly talked people into death online

bijou
03-22-2010, 12:53 PM
A BRITISH man allegedly addicted to watching others kill themselves online could be charged with encouraging and assisting suicide.

William Melchert-Dinkel, 47, an American nurse with a loving family, allegedly spent years posing as a 20-something woman while trawling the internet for people he could persuade to kill themselves while he watched, the Daily Mail reports.

He has allegedly admitted to US police that he was involved in at least five deaths. A US prosecutor is still deliberating over whether to charge the Minnesota man with assisting suicide.

On the day Mr Melchert-Dinkel was arrested he was admitted to hospital. His medical notes record that he told nurses he was addicted to suicide chatrooms and had "posed as a 28 yo female formed suicide pacts with some that he had no attention (sic) of following thru... 4 yrs suicide fetish offered medical advice for assisted suicide x2".

A 64-year-old grandmother from Coventry, central England, led police to Mr Melchert-Dinkel after she heard of a teenage girl being urged to join a suicide pact.

Suicide pacts

Mark Drybrough received his final email at 10.32am. It asked: "Are you all right?" ....

http://www.news.com.au/technology/suicide-voyeur-nurse-william-melchert-dinkel-allegedly-talked-people-into-death-online/story-e6frfro0-1225843594833

Glad they caught him, hopefully he can be charged with something that keeps him out of circulation for the rest of his life.

Apache
03-22-2010, 03:44 PM
If the sick bastid is charged with all 5. If it's just the one case, he faces only 15 years :mad:

noonwitch
03-23-2010, 08:04 AM
I always felt, watching the Dr. Kervorkian antics in Michigan, that Dr. Death enjoyed his work a little too much. A lot of people had sympathy with the idea of having the right to die, but were very uncomfortable with him as a spokesperson for the cause. One of the women he helped kill herself had been diagnosed with cerebral palsy, and no terminal condition whatsoever-she was depressed about her condition and wanted to die. She needed a better doctor than she had, not to be hooked up to his suicide machine.

She wasn't a cancer patient trying to save a couple of months of crippling pain prior to death, which is the scenario in which most of the public is sympathetic regarding the use of assisted suicide.

fettpett
03-23-2010, 12:30 PM
I always felt, watching the Dr. Kervorkian antics in Michigan, that Dr. Death enjoyed his work a little too much. A lot of people had sympathy with the idea of having the right to die, but were very uncomfortable with him as a spokesperson for the cause. One of the women he helped kill herself had been diagnosed with cerebral palsy, and no terminal condition whatsoever-she was depressed about her condition and wanted to die. She needed a better doctor than she had, not to be hooked up to his suicide machine.

She wasn't a cancer patient trying to save a couple of months of crippling pain prior to death, which is the scenario in which most of the public is sympathetic regarding the use of assisted suicide.

I think that is part of the reason why so many are against euthanasia. I personally feel it's a person's prerogative on when and how they want to die, if they want to go out with dignity let them but only if they are terminally Ill. If they are just suicidal that's a whole other ball of wax

Speedy
03-23-2010, 12:42 PM
If you are so screwed up that someone on the internet is going to talk to you into killing yourself, good fucking riddance. But then I am usually one of those standing on the ground shouting "Jump! Jump!" to the guy on the ledge. I never fail to start a mole account and post over and over to Underground Panther "Do it! Do it, already!" whenever she posts about killing herself. And damn it all, I have yet to get a jumper to jump or Underground Panther to blow her fucking brains out.

noonwitch
03-23-2010, 01:03 PM
If you are so screwed up that someone on the internet is going to talk to you into killing yourself, good fucking riddance. But then I am usually one of those standing on the ground shouting "Jump! Jump!" to the guy on the ledge. I never fail to start a mole account and post over and over to Underground Panther "Do it! Do it, already!" whenever she posts about killing herself. And damn it all, I have yet to get a jumper to jump or Underground Panther to blow her fucking brains out.

You must have seen Lethal Weapon at an impressionable age.

UP lives to make other people unhappy. I highly doubt he'll kill himself. He once blamed me for the suicide of a friend, though, because I said that doctors should perform sex change operations.