PDA

View Full Version : obamacare recorded votes...

marv
03-22-2010, 01:17 PM
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll165.xml

...check'em out!

NJCardFan
03-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Not 1 Republican voted for it and 34 Democrats voted against it. Doesn't look like they're all on the same page does it.

AmPat
03-22-2010, 04:10 PM
BIPMA!

REMEMBER NOVEMBER!

Sonnabend
03-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Not 1 Republican voted for it

Scant comfort, I know...but still....

Rockntractor
03-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Scant comfort, I know...but still....
We are losing our grip Sonna!

Sonnabend
03-22-2010, 05:23 PM
We are losing our grip Sonna!

One can still lose a battle yet win the war. This aint over, Rock. Not by a long shot

Rockntractor
03-22-2010, 05:44 PM
One can still lose a battle yet win the war. This aint over, Rock. Not by a long shot
It is time for our tea party people to reintegrate into the republican party, independence was good at first to send a message but the message was sent and now it is time to fight under the same flag or we will lose this war!

Milly
03-22-2010, 06:20 PM
It is time for our tea party people to reintegrate into the republican party, independence was good at first to send a message but the message was sent and now it is time to fight under the same flag or we will lose this war!

I agree with you once we get past the primaries. We need to put a great deal of thought and effort into those - do we vote for the Republican anointed by the party or a true conservative who's more of an unknown.

Kind of a quandry here in Indiana.

Constitutionally Speaking
03-22-2010, 07:24 PM

Yep.

This "send them a message" crap will likely have cost us a very large part of our freedom. I kept warning you people who registered a protest vote or didn't vote at all.

marv
03-22-2010, 07:46 PM
- do we vote for the Republican anointed by the party or a true conservative who's more of an unknown.
That's why there are primaries. Often, they're more important than the general elections.

djones520
03-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Yep.

This "send them a message" crap will likely have cost us a very large part of our freedom. I kept warning you people who registered a protest vote or didn't vote at all.

Don't think it'll sink in with them though. Even when the Gestapo comes knocking on their door, they'll still say they did right. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
03-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Not 1 Republican voted for it and 34 Democrats voted against it. Doesn't look like they're all on the same page does it.

and not one MSM outlet - excluding perhaps FoxNews has bothered to mention that it was passed DESPITE BIPARTISAN OPPOSITION. Am I right?

Apocalypse
03-23-2010, 01:43 AM
34 Democrats voted against it. Doesn't look like they're all on the same page does it.
34 Dems who went to Pisslosi and were given her blessing not to vote for it so they could run in Nov on the standing that they didn't vote for it. How many of them were Yes votes before this one? And how many truly didn't want to vote for this bill?

namvet
03-23-2010, 09:05 AM
they took a giant shit on us Sun but now they have to go home and face the voters

Wei Wu Wei
03-23-2010, 11:01 AM
I agree with you once we get past the primaries. We need to put a great deal of thought and effort into those - do we vote for the Republican anointed by the party or a true conservative who's more of an unknown.

Kind of a quandry here in Indiana.

The Tea Party people go on and on and about principles and values but scrap it all come election time because it all comes down to "beat the Democrats no matter what".

At this rate the Republicans can do whatever they like (and it's no secret that most Republicans in congress have voting records that Tea Party people should abhor) and as long as the Tea Party people hate Democrats the Republicans will have a solid voting block.

If you want to put your values to the test for the love of God either vote 3rd party or RUSH the primaries and make the Republican party the New Tea Party.

Tea Party people today talk a lot of crap about Bush, but I wonder how many of them voted for him (twice) just because they disliked Democrats.

The Democrats are risking their own jobs in congress to do what they believe is right, and the Tea Party people want to abandon all values just to "beat the other Party politically".

Gingersnap
03-23-2010, 11:29 AM
The Tea Party people go on and on and about principles and values but scrap it all come election time because it all comes down to "beat the Democrats no matter what".

At this rate the Republicans can do whatever they like (and it's no secret that most Republicans in congress have voting records that Tea Party people should abhor) and as long as the Tea Party people hate Democrats the Republicans will have a solid voting block.

If you want to put your values to the test for the love of God either vote 3rd party or RUSH the primaries and make the Republican party the New Tea Party.

Tea Party people today talk a lot of crap about Bush, but I wonder how many of them voted for him (twice) just because they disliked Democrats.

The Democrats are risking their own jobs in congress to do what they believe is right, and the Tea Party people want to abandon all values just to "beat the other Party politically".

You have a pretty uninformed view of what we are doing. I've been a part of the Tea Party movement from the beginning and I'm in the 9/12 movement as well. The purpose of the Tea Party has always been to return the GOP to its distinctive roots and prevent it from continuing down the path of Donkey-lite.

Robo-Republicans who just pull the lever for any Republican aren't a part of this movement. They are the "anybody-but-a-Democrat" people. They are no different from the average yellow dog Democrat. The people who are attending rallies, raising money, petitioning representatives, and promoting new candidates are drawn from a wide spectrum of voters. Most Tea Party members are independent or Libertarian out here in Colorado.

Although I'm not a Republican, it's crucial for each party in a two-party system to approach problem-solving from distinctly different perspectives. Otherwise, we have the tyranny of a de facto one-party state. The Tea Party is a grass-roots effort to wake up the GOP and give them "permission" to be something other than a more cautious version of the Democrats.

Wei Wu Wei
03-23-2010, 11:45 AM
You have a pretty uninformed view of what we are doing. I've been a part of the Tea Party movement from the beginning and I'm in the 9/12 movement as well. The purpose of the Tea Party has always been to return the GOP to its distinctive roots and prevent it from continuing down the path of Donkey-lite.

Robo-Republicans who just pull the lever for any Republican aren't a part of this movement. They are the "anybody-but-a-Democrat" people. They are no different from the average yellow dog Democrat. The people who are attending rallies, raising money, petitioning representatives, and promoting new candidates are drawn from a wide spectrum of voters. Most Tea Party members are independent or Libertarian out here in Colorado.

Although I'm not a Republican, it's crucial for each party in a two-party system to approach problem-solving from distinctly different perspectives. Otherwise, we have the tyranny of a de facto one-party state. The Tea Party is a grass-roots effort to wake up the GOP and give them "permission" to be something other than a more cautious version of the Democrats.

So will I be seeing a laundry list of Bush-style Republican congressmen that the Tea Party wants to replace?

namvet
03-23-2010, 11:50 AM
So will I be seeing a laundry list of Bush-style Republican congressmen that the Tea Party wants to replace?

the tea party is against big gov spending. D and R is NOT a factor

linda22003
03-23-2010, 12:00 PM
the tea party is against big gov spending. D and R is NOT a factor

They hate both parties in a pretty bipartisan fashion. :)

noonwitch
03-23-2010, 12:04 PM
To the posters who are part of the Tea Party movement:

Don't you worry that if you combine your interests with the Republican party's interests, you will lose the support of many of the independents and libertarian-leaning people who joined the cause because they mistrust both parties? Considering that is the block that generally swings national elections, that is.

Rebel Yell
03-23-2010, 12:06 PM

Don't you worry that if you combine your interests with the Republican party's interests, you will lose the support of many of the independents and libertarian-leaning people who joined the cause because they mistrust both parties? Considering that is the block that generally swings national elections, that is.

After Sunday, it'll be hard to run the independants to the left with a stick.

Gingersnap
03-23-2010, 12:09 PM

Will you? Doubtful since you aren't a member and don't attend any meetings. Have I? Sure. That was part of the effort from the very beginning. Why do think we are campaigning for new blood in the caucuses?

Why are you so wedded to the idea that conservatives worshiped either of the Bush men? Republicans were fairly enthusiastic but conservatives never were. You won't be able to discuss this movement intelligently until you let go of some your NPR-approved ideas about what we, as members, really think.

Gingersnap
03-23-2010, 12:25 PM

No (and I am one). We have a two-party system in this country and that's not going to change in the foreseeable future. The Democrats have nothing to offer to centrists or conservatives. The Republicans at one point did have an alternative view of fiscal policy, social policy, and foreign policy. Even though they had largely given up those positions (except symbolically) they have the potential to retool in a way that is impossible for the Democrats.

The growth of independents (and Libertarians) over the past 20 years has been largely fueled by people who believe both parties have abandoned them. If Republicans return to a more conservative position, they will pick up votes from the undeclared middle.

Wei Wu Wei
03-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Will you? Doubtful since you aren't a member and don't attend any meetings. Have I? Sure. That was part of the effort from the very beginning. Why do think we are campaigning for new blood in the caucuses?

Why are you so wedded to the idea that conservatives worshiped either of the Bush men? Republicans were fairly enthusiastic but conservatives never were. You won't be able to discuss this movement intelligently until you let go of some your NPR-approved ideas about what we, as members, really think.

Well I hope you succeed and that the Republican party becomes the New Tea Party

marv
03-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Traditionally, third parties serve to introduce ideas and direction to our essentially two party system. In our political system, most third parties tend to be single issue. Generally, they don't govern well in large and diverse countries.

AmPat
03-23-2010, 08:25 PM

Even though they are elected "for the people, by the people, and of the people" to represent THE PEOPLE'S INTERESTS, NOT THEIR OWN, and in the face of unprecedented corruption and mountains of evidence that WE DON'T WANT THIS!

NJCardFan
03-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Even though they are elected "for the people, by the people, and of the people" to represent THE PEOPLE'S INTERESTS, NOT THEIR OWN, and in the face of unprecedented corruption and mountains of evidence that WE DON'T WANT THIS!

WeeWee doesn't understand what this country was supposed to be about. What your elected congressmen and senators were supposed to be doing is looking out for the best interests of their respective states. A Congressman from NJ was never meant to make decisions for the people of Rhode Island. If he and others like him had one inkling of the Constitution and what went into ratifying it things would be a whole lot better.